What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Spring 2018)

DCFan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Although not bourbon, I'm still enjoying it.  

95% malted barley

5% rye

2 years in a new charred 15 gallon white oak barrel.

Pretty good stuff  (happy face).

IMAG3198.jpg

• I like it 1

37 minutes ago, Three quarks said:

I continue to enjoy some WSR from one of the newest bottles. If this is the current bottom shelf Weller, we are in good shape. Very mild, but with depth and substance. No significant flaws, aside from the proof, but even that has benefits. Perfect blend of old and new. I used to avoid WSR, but this is really good!!

I couldn't agree with you more 3Q. I had a really decent day at work, (especially for a Monday) so I decided to join you with a couple of pours of Weller SR:P

Once again, out with the old, and in with the new. ^_^

Biba! Joe

wsr.jpeg

• I like it 2

After my Lenten bourbon withdrawal, I enjoyed the last "healthy pour" of 2017 OFBB while whipping up about 75 lbs of crawfish... (see bourbon & food - coming soon)

bday.jpg

• I like it 1

After my Lenten bourbon withdrawal, I enjoyed the last "healthy pour" of 2017 OFBB while whipping up about 75 lbs of crawfish... (see bourbon & food - coming soon)
bday.thumb.jpg.49a7144a311921a0ddaa9ee34cf2eda8.jpg

Ooh! I love a good crawfish (mud bug) boil! The bourbon’s probably not bad either, although that’s one that continues to escape me since I’m not willing to pay over $100 for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

Ooh! I love a good crawfish (mud bug) boil! The bourbon’s probably not bad either, although that’s one that continues to escape me since I’m not willing to pay over $100 for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stumbled on this bottle 3 days before Christmas and I think I paid $68 for it. I would definitely do that again. $100 would be pushing it for me too.

P.S. The Crawfish were glorious...

• I like it 3

Just got this the other day. If you gave me it blind I would tell you it's a 4 Roses Single Barrel Private Selection. Pretty good for $50. Not as good as some 4RSBPS I've had, but for $50 and easily available at all the local stores, not too shabby.

30070285_10105257446911210_839219249_o.jpg

Just got this the other day. If you gave me it blind I would tell you it's a 4 Roses Single Barrel Private Selection. Pretty good for $50. Not as good as some 4RSBPS I've had, but for $50 and easily available at all the local stores, not too shabby.
30070285_10105257446911210_839219249_o.thumb.jpg.8736511484bbd5b8aaa28c5bdf156869.jpg

I agree. It’s pretty good stuff for the money...regardless of it being sourced.
  • I like it 1

24 minutes ago, EarthQuake said:

30070285_10105257446911210_839219249_o.jpg

I just pick up this one last week, but it is unopened at the moment. Are you just trying it neat or di you try with a splash?

• I like it 1

14 minutes ago, bayouredd said:

I just pick up this one last week, but it is unopened at the moment. Are you just trying it neat or di you try with a splash?

When I first opened it I had a bit neat. Just had a glass with a dropper's worth of water. Holds up pretty well either way. I think it would be nice with ice too, and probably makes a damn fine cocktail.

Edited by EarthQuake

4 hours ago, 0895 said:

Although not bourbon, I'm still enjoying it.  

95% malted barley

5% rye

2 years in a new charred 15 gallon white oak barrel.

Pretty good stuff  (happy face).

IMAG3198.jpg

I tried their "Rested Whiskey" but was not a fan. Its kept me from some of their other stuff.

5 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Continuing to work an ETL down to clear some shelf space.

I can help with that shelf space clearing thang!!!

1 hour ago, bayouredd said:

I can help with that shelf space clearing thang!!!

I'm good..but thanks for the altruistic offer.

3 hours ago, EarthQuake said:

If you gave me it blind I would tell you it's a 4 Roses Single Barrel Private Selection.

There's a good reason for that.

• I like it 4

13A45427-AE4C-4819-9761-DBE1A8045143.thumb.jpeg.0e99c00a65e3a4f26cca559d60929666.jpeg

Sipping some Four Roses tonight, one of my new favorite, cheers!

Will. 

• I like it 2

I've had a certain bottle in my bunker for quite a while. I was waiting for an appropriate time to open it. Well, I guess now is an appropriate time. :D I have the distinct feeling that some samples of this will probably be shared later on in the week. ^_^

Biba! Joe

of.jpeg

• I like it 6

14 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I've had a certain bottle in my bunker for quite a while. I was waiting for an appropriate time to open it. Well, I guess now is an appropriate time. :D I have the distinct feeling that some samples of this will probably be shared later on in the week. ^_^

Biba! Joe

of.jpeg

That looks freaking delicious...

• I like it 1

17 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

of.jpeg

I love the deep reddish hue the old dusties have. Cheers!

On 4/1/2018 at 6:46 PM, Dannabis said:

Currently having a short tipple of Door County Distillery's Salt Malt Whisky.

NAS whisky distilled in Wisconsin 

20180401_184624.jpg

Single malt, my typo not salt malt

Enjoying a mid-week pour of a newer WTKS.  Having to remind myself that my older one was a very different era, and shouldn't try to compare the two.  This is a pretty nice bourbon - although wish I had some WT101 laying around (as it seems from recollection that this is hitting a lot closer to the last WT101 I tried than to the older WTKS). 

CABIN STILL. I talked more on this a couple of days ago in what did you open today section.  Now this is a bottom,bottom shelffer. Just under 8 dollars at Liquior Barn in Louisiville. I was curious and bought it. Honestly in its price range , you are dealing with other whiskey with neutral spirits added. Won't do that. This is a real bourbon aged 3 years. 

Ok,ok, I am probably getting carried away for a cheapy, but this is actually pretty good. At only 80 proof it's light, but mellow and there is flavor there. Good flavor. There is nothing unlikable in the flavor profile. The finish is medium to short. I don't feel like I am penalized by drinking this. In my opinion, it's better than Old Crow, Benchmark and regular white JB. And all those are more expensive. 

I get excited when I find something so cheap in price, but well made. Will this be my drink from now on? No, but sometimes I may actually choose to drink this like right now. If this came in a higher proof, they would really have something.

Spoiler

image.jpg

I did this the other day, and I'm just gonna do the same thing here again.  I bought, opened and am sipping on this tonight to celebrate the end of a tough job I have been on.

MVIMG_20180404_212300.jpg

• I like it 1

I have to say this is pretty good, I had low expectations that were exceeded by leaps and bounds, the price was pretty prohibitive on release but I would say that the $20 I paid made this a good value. 

y4mhqGDrMmo2qVMkYxFlLNRjKjPk1YID-UO8VPoL

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.