What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Spring 2018)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

First day of spring.  What found it's way into your bunker today?

• I like it 2

Not so sure it made it into my bunker, but it did enter my belly. :)  Old Bardstown.  I had a couple glasses last night (my first time!), and it's on it's way to being a staple in the home bar.  We're off to what I believe to be a budding long-term plenty of strings attached relationship.  

IMG_1259.jpg

• I like it 2

ECBP C917 for $58. Owner told me his distributor is just letting these out. It’s a racket. 

• I like it 2

Taking @flahute suggestion. 

Interested to give this a run and side by side w/ some kcsb and bookers. 

F8894465-66C5-40C0-A645-C5C41ED9204B.jpeg

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, Mako254 said:

Taking @flahute suggestion. 

Interested to give this a run and side by side w/ some kcsb and bookers. 

F8894465-66C5-40C0-A645-C5C41ED9204B.jpeg

Let me know what you think of Baker’s and how it compares. I have KC SiB and Booker’s...I like them enough, but they’re not my favs. 

• I like it 2

While I was in Ky last weekend I got a pour of this at Kreso's in Bardstown and fell in love with it so I had to seek out a couple bottles.

KyVintage.jpg

Edited by ThirstyinOhio
  • I like it 4

1 hour ago, ThirstyinOhio said:

While I was in Ky last weekend I got a pour of this at Kreso's in Bardstown and fell in love with it so I had to seek out a couple bottles.

KyVintage.jpg

Just livin' the dream eh ThirstyinOhio? I have no idea what those are but they look fabulously delicious and expensive. Why does 1 have the age statement and the other doesn't?

• I like it 1

5 minutes ago, CUfan99 said:

Just livin' the dream eh ThirstyinOhio? I have no idea what those are but they look fabulously delicious and expensive. Why does 1 have the age statement and the other doesn't?

The neck sticker fell off...I've had other KBD (Willett) bottles like the Rowan's Creek where the neck labels don't always like to stick around.  As for livin' the dream...I believe in planning for the future (hence having a bourbon bunker) but also living in the moment as you never know what tomorrow may bring.

Edited by ThirstyinOhio

1 hour ago, ThirstyinOhio said:

KyVintage.jpg

Gawd, this brings up some memories.  I haven't seen these for years and years.  About 10 years ago there was a BBQ joint where I live that specialized in American Whiskey before anyone else in these neck of the woods did, and they had many bottles of vintage.  A nice redhead bartender spent years teaching me what she knew.  She was brilliant, cared about the history of the amazing variety that they had, and happily shared it with me.  She was my teacher, and I an eager student.  I can still smell the smoker, while sipping on a glass of those now impossible to find (without an AMEX Black card) amazing bottles.  SO much fun this journey.  

I know it's rather impolite to ask, so please forgive me, but I'm curious, dear god, what must they have cost?  

• I like it 1

Found this in the wild. 2016 version.561d3d1726123f40e9b8837bc8cdc520.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I like it 10

Quite a bit!  WTRB, both iterations of WTRR, Baker’s and a JBDC (first one I’d seen).

When it comes to cutting back on purchases, Total Wine prices sure can be a curse...:wacko: :o ;)

• I like it 1

Finally found a bottle while out poking around.ce51d11a1e11d4a173358d0484058f1c.jpg

• I like it 4

Picked these two up while visiting my favorite LS. 

3022AB4B-71BF-4489-85F0-DCBE98F31E86.jpeg

Edited by Radioyada
  • I like it 6

Picked this one up, 7 year age stated and 101 proof, not bad for 12 bucks. I think it’s better then HH bib.

68CA1E10-DA35-4484-9945-3381EE095514.jpeg

• I like it 3

5 hours ago, Stump1998 said:

Picked this one up, 7 year age stated and 101 proof, not bad for 12 bucks. I think it’s better then HH bib.

68CA1E10-DA35-4484-9945-3381EE095514.jpeg

Do you know how it compares to Old Ezra 101 7 yr? It’s a favorite of mine for the price $17-20. 

1 hour ago, CUfan99 said:

Do you know how it compares to Old Ezra 101 7 yr? It’s a favorite of mine for the price $17-20. 

I have not had the Ezra 101 in awhile. You know, I think there is a bottle in my bunker. I am curious now on how these compare. I will report back later.

• I like it 1

I was at the liquor store resupplying my depleted Irish stocks and a decent price on a store select WTKS broke down my willpower.

Not a purchase, but a gift from one of the dads on the girls soccer team I coach. A nice surprise for sure!

883B8B4D-9491-4873-8CD3-C96E61569D67.jpeg

• I like it 3

Not a purchase, but a gift from one of the dads on the girls soccer team I coach. A nice surprise for sure!

883B8B4D-9491-4873-8CD3-C96E61569D67.thumb.jpeg.d8300a66a1007e85da8bfebc2af345dd.jpeg

Not quite enough for me to start coaching/teaching the little ones again, but pretty close. This worlds better than the arm chair expert helicopter “why isn’t my kid playing more” dads. [emoji106]

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.