What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Spring 2018)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

W12 hunting season open... and now closed in Texas. Was able to pick up all of these minus the one open which came from last season. Fifths are less than$40 and handle less than $50. All are single pick ups from multiple stores over the past couple of weeks.

dc46aa24f71e71d224fc56e30d71d344.jpg

• I like it 12

43 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

W12 hunting season open... and now closed in Texas. Was able to pick up all of these minus the one open which came from last season. Fifths are less than$40 and handle less than $50. All are single pick ups from multiple stores over the past couple of weeks.

What is it with Texas? The seem to get all the Weller! Good hunting!

• I like it 1

What is it with Texas? The seem to get all the Weller! Good hunting!

From my understanding it’s just the traditional targeted market for Weller. If you look at old advertisements for Weller it’s usually from magazines like Texas Monthly. I believe Texas kept the brand alive over the lean years in bourbon. I also believe I read something when Weller hit some milestone like millionth case or something like that the governor of Kentucky gave a case of Weller to the governor of Texas.
  • I like it 1

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 5:59 PM, CUfan99 said:

I'm really not happy with myself right now. 

IMG_4738.JPG

now that is really funny!!

• I like it 1

21 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Scooped up a 750 of Weller 12-year this afternoon.     Needed to be able to make some more SB Blend.    Mission accomplished.  :)

They’ve hit Michigan? I need some for my lone bottle of 107!

• I like it 1

Regular Saturday shopping today. Yes I stopped at the liquor store. I was actually pleasantly surprised for a change. They had Weller SR, limit one per customer. I bought one, and my wonderful wife bought one too. ^_^

Biba! Joe

sr.jpeg

• I like it 2

Found my Grail bottle today......MELLOW CORN!  Ok, fine, it's not my grail bottle, but it was my consolation prize for not getting picked at a raffle today.  This is the first time I've seen it around here.  

IMG_20180331_191401.jpg

• I like it 2

25 minutes ago, SouthsideRed said:

Found my Grail bottle today......MELLOW CORN!  Ok, fine, it's not my grail bottle, but it was my consolation prize for not getting picked at a raffle today.  This is the first time I've seen it around here.  

IMG_20180331_191401.jpg

Are you saving that Lot B bottle just to sniff it occasionally or is there still a drop left in it?  :lol:

• I like it 2

Mr. cheap...me...went Krogering.  Ended up with a couple of ER10s for $24.50 each and a couple of WTKS for $34.88 each.  

• I like it 3

That's one nice haul over the last few weeks. I'm not sure if we will see any W12 in west Tennessee this Spring or not. The distributor held it all last year for one release in the Fall. OWA has been showing up occasionally though lately, so I'm optimistic that we may see some W12 this Spring too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • I like it 1

27 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Are you saving that Lot B bottle just to sniff it occasionally or is there still a drop left in it?  :lol:

Exactly that!  It's for sniffing.

It'salso a reminder of a good night sampling all sorts of wonderful stuff at a friend's house.

• I like it 2

It's been a while since this had any really good releases, The 2005 was outstanding  IMO.  The last few years EW has knocked off a year of age.  This 2010 is 7 years and 4 months.  Only one way to find out if it's any good !

evan.thumb.jpg.0b40d829f5b1037d4e59fc6f00691c28.jpg

Edited by Cranecreek
  • I like it 3

2 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

That's one nice haul over the last few weeks. I'm not sure if we will see any W12 in west Tennessee this Spring or not. The distributor held it all last year for one release in the Fall. OWA has been showing up occasionally though lately, so I'm optimistic that we may see some W12 this Spring too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grabbed one last month but it could've been a holdover from the fall.

The W12 I picked up yesterday both had B17 bottle dates. The 750 was $19.99 and the 1.75L was $42.99. Pricing was weird. Cheaper per ML for the 750!

3 hours ago, SouthsideRed said:

IMG_20180331_191401.jpg

I hope you're planning on sharing that instead of flipping it...

:P

8 hours ago, 0895 said:

I hope you're planning on sharing that instead of flipping it...

:P

Going to bunker it. Maybe I'll be able to get a cool 20 for it someday. 

• I like it 1

My trip to Illinois was a success. Unfortunately only one of the ECBP is mine. I grabbed one ECBP and the OWA for some buddies back home in Tennessee. Figured I would share the bourbon wealth.

15226156769641256581958.jpg

• I like it 7

On 3/31/2018 at 10:42 PM, Clueby said:

The W12 I picked up yesterday both had B17 bottle dates. The 750 was $19.99 and the 1.75L was $42.99. Pricing was weird. Cheaper per ML for the 750!

I am by no means a math guy, but I think you are mistaken on it being cheaper per mL for the 750.  The 750 mL comes down to 2.66 cents per mL and the 1.75 L comes to 2.45 cents per mL.

43 minutes ago, NDN98 said:

I am by no means a math guy, but I think you are mistaken on it being cheaper per mL for the 750.  The 750 mL comes down to 2.66 cents per mL and the 1.75 L comes to 2.45 cents per mL.

Doh..you are right!! I know what I did wrong. I divided by 1.75 and came up with the per L price..but forgot that I was comparing to .75L. I think I need to drink less before attempting math.

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

I think I need to drink less before attempting math.

This is true for all of us.

I rolled out my Visa card for a bottle of ECBP C917 this morning. Usually, most of my purchases are in the realm of real world bourbon between $20 to $45 for a 750 if the bottle is special. I think the last time I bought a 750 over $50 was a bottle of Booker's more than a year ago. Today I fell into the clutches of unicorn mania when the guy at LS brought out a a B and the aforementioned C917. Poured out of a freshly opened bottle, the whiskey is like EC turned up to 13 on a scale of 10. Highly Recommended!

• I like it 3

8 hours ago, Clueby said:

I think I need to drink less before attempting math.

Rather than drink less, I usually just choose not to attempt math.  Its a win-win for me.

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, NDN98 said:

Rather than drink less, I usually just choose not to attempt math.  Its a win-win for me.

Now, THIS^^^ is sound logic, no matter how many pours preceded it's evolution to the screen.    'Drink On,' I say, NDN98!

Not today, but I did go on a 40 day grab (ok, so not everyday) as I had given up bourbon for Lent; these were the pickups for my dry spell...

Prices were decent for all...

Blantons  $60

CEHT      $55

Bulleit     $54

KC          $42

Mellow    $17

The 4 Roses was given to me by my Wife for Easter, but was reclaimed by her after tasting (some gift, huh?) I do admit it's pretty dang tasty. My Son & his Wife helped put the dent in it.

40.thumb.jpg.de60c1117ef4327fd8d881fb730b82a4.jpg

And yet, I am still jealous of the Weller 12 & Antique that are just pictures on the forum, to me...

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.