What Bourbon did you purchase today (summer 2018)

mfly86
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

23 hours ago, Jfletchgu said:

20180722_200113.jpg

Would semi-frequently find this around when I wasn't looking for it, now I can't find it since I want it....  Want that old label too, new brown label looks like crap.

13 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Geez, bro' - all you had to do is ask and ye shall receive.

Actually found it at your sister store in Burlington. The manager there saw me coming and waved me over. Still have plenty of OWA to drink from NC, so I didn't need it, but it was the first time I had seen any up in this part of the world.

7D060CD6-E8E5-404D-9210-164B5AE36DA5.thumb.jpeg.9920ddebfb45da1bfb42584923023774.jpeg

Picked up this trio on the way home. The LS got wise quick to the 4grain hype and wanted TOO much, last yr the 4G was $79.99.

I suggested keeping their allocation secret and selling it secondary so not to upset their regular bread & butter. 

• I like it 3

49 minutes ago, FacePlant said:

7D060CD6-E8E5-404D-9210-164B5AE36DA5.thumb.jpeg.9920ddebfb45da1bfb42584923023774.jpeg

Picked up this trio on the way home. The LS got wise quick to the 4grain hype and wanted TOO much, last yr the 4G was $79.99.

I suggested keeping their allocation secret and selling it secondary so not to upset their regular bread & butter. 

Hoping you practiced safety procedures and strapped those little guys in !  Although they should be old enough to ride in the front ok.

Edited by Cranecreek

Picked up a few today to restock some old favorites that had been emptied...

965F41B6-CDBA-4796-9E41-BC5C475316EB.jpeg

• I like it 4

3 hours ago, Stump1998 said:

You still found some 1920, enjoy!

Well, I walked into a LS in a 'burb of KC and found an unusual display. H McKenna BiB was on sale at $26.99 and there were at least 30 cases of six bottles apiece displayed. I was fascinated. Even though I already had an open bottle here at home, I grabbed one for backup and added a bottle of EC NAS at $25 to the VISA. It was an easy rationalization. 

14 hours ago, FacePlant said:

Very nice! Is this a new batch of EH BP? I have not seen any in well over a year!?

14 hours ago, MTNBourbon said:

You still found some 1920, enjoy!

Is the 1920 going away?

• I like it 1

29 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Is the 1920 going away?

Definitely hard to find. Not sure, but it might be a one off.

• I like it 1

On 7/19/2018 at 9:06 PM, smokinjoe said:

Nice pickups, particularly the Beam.  I always found it to be such a cut above White label and superior to 8 yr black label in those days.  7 years just smokes for Beam whiskey IMO, and 90 proof gave it some umpf.  One of the unsung really good bourbons released.  

A store near me has an old stash of the 8 Year Black Label. I love the stuff. 

On 7/24/2018 at 3:56 PM, Stump1998 said:

I've been drinking the 1920 like it is going out of style lately. Great juice, and great purchases! 

8 hours ago, MTNBourbon said:

There is plenty 1920 still to find around Kentucky...my local store still has 5 bottles on the shelve

• I like it 1

6 minutes ago, JvW said:

There is plenty 1920 still to find around Kentucky...my local store still has 5 bottles on the shelve

Maybe I should have said hard to find around here.????

3 minutes ago, MTNBourbon said:

Maybe I should have said hard to find around here.????

Sounds like a great excuse for a road trip...???? 

• I like it 1

5 minutes ago, JvW said:

Sounds like a great excuse for a road trip...???? 

The shit's not that good.????

6 hours ago, vismatt said:

Picked up 2 bottles during lunch for $60 each after taxes.  Has anyone tried it?  

IMG_5843.jpg

Haven’t seen it in SC yet. Let me know how it is. 

6 hours ago, vismatt said:

Picked up 2 bottles during lunch for $60 each after taxes.  Has anyone tried it?  

IMG_5843.jpg

Have you tried it?  

9 hours ago, MTNBourbon said:

I thought it was part of the standard lineup? It's in pretty much every store here with many on the shelf. Normally around $55.

6 minutes ago, Clueby said:

I thought it was part of the standard lineup? It's in pretty much every store here with many on the shelf. Normally around $55.

Nice to know, I have not bought anything in a long time. Still I do go look, and at the one shop it has not been there in months, some 1897, 1870, maybe someone is buying it all up, lol

18 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Have you tried it?  

Not yet.  I have a few open bottles I'm trying to work through before opening new ones, so it will be a little bit before I try it.  Was just curious what others think about it.  I have really liked the Belle Meade single barrel bottles and was curious how this compared. 

38 minutes ago, vismatt said:

Not yet.  I have a few open bottles I'm trying to work through before opening new ones, so it will be a little bit before I try it.  Was just curious what others think about it.  I have really liked the Belle Meade single barrel bottles and was curious how this compared. 

Why in the name of Pete !  would you want to finish open bottles before opening a new one ?  :lol:

On 7/20/2018 at 10:37 AM, FasterHorses said:

Coworker brought me back a SAOS Rye 7yr from Switzerland! She told me she couldnt find any and then at the end of her story she pulled out the bottle. The guy said it was his last one..and its a sarah.

What is the story behind the Sarah signings? I have heard that mentioned before, just didnt know the significance.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.