What Bourbon did you purchase today (summer 2018)

mfly86
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

21 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Nice pickups, particularly the Beam.  I always found it to be such a cut above White label and superior to 8 yr black label in those days.  7 years just smokes for Beam whiskey IMO, and 90 proof gave it some umpf.  One of the unsung really good bourbons released.  

Gotta agree on the JBDS - found an 8yr JBB a little while back and it just didn't compare to the JBDS.  I'm not a big JB fan - have had mixed results with ps KCSiB, and really don't have much interest in most of the rest that come out of Clermont or Boston - but JBDS and JBDC hit me just right!  Actually kinda ruined JBdblO for me too, it just seems kinda thin and weak compared to the other 2 now.

2 hours ago, gurgalunas said:

Came across this today.  It almost went into the "What did you pass up" thread, but figured it would cost this much if I ever found it in a bar.  At least i get to try 3 or 4 pours...

20180719_160956_crop_485x695.jpg

I personally think it's a very good bourbon and at that price would have had at least 3 in my cart. 

Coworker brought me back a SAOS Rye 7yr from Switzerland! She told me she couldnt find any and then at the end of her story she pulled out the bottle. The guy said it was his last one..and its a sarah.

Got the text from my contact that a bottle of CEHT BP was being held for me, and I picked it up today with a spare ER 10.

D2267103-399D-40F6-B45B-323E64F2FB59.jpeg

Edited by Radioyada
  • I like it 3

1 hour ago, Radioyada said:

Got the text from my contact that a bottle of CEHT BP was being held for me, and I picked it up today with a spare ER 10.

D2267103-399D-40F6-B45B-323E64F2FB59.jpeg

Great start to the weekend, you got there...

Picked these up over the last few days. Got the Longbranch in IL at Binny’s on a business trip. Had a $10 gift card, so that made the decision easier. Typically like Wild Turkey offerings, so we’ll see.

I’ve been out of Buffalo Trace for a while thinking I should pick up a bottle or two, and a FB post pops up (seems like I get my best posts from liquor stores) from one I’m following saying that the bottles from their barrel just came in...according to them, the BT is 8.5 years old. 

While I was picking the BT up, I was lucky to spot a lone CEHT on the shelf. This has been on the allocated list here for a while. This store fortunately sells it at MSRP...others have it marked up $20-$30 in put it in a glass case. 

11CA0CB3-CDCF-4592-BC87-4C4474BB2FE7.jpeg

• I like it 1

Picked up a Bookers Kathleen's batch and a Blantons store pick. Doing a SBS with the Blantons and regular Blantons now.

The store pick is slightly rye forward in a good way and has a little more overall flavor,  taste like a higher proof Blantons.:)

May need to go back and pick up another. The Kathleen's batch I had at a bar before and loved it . Both were at MSRP or lower so

it is a nice end of a busy week.

23 hours ago, PowderKeg said:

Scored a couple of slightly dusties.  Really didn't NEED either, but 1792RR 8yr ($34+) is the bourbon that got me started, and the JBDS 7yr ($20) is pretty darn good.

20180719_193323.jpg

I've been looking for that JB bottle for my JB bottle collection for a while. Still no luck.

• I like it 1

Picked up some store pick bottles from a couple barrels I recently helped pick. 

8yr,6mth OBSF (BP)

7yr,6mth OBSV (100p)

both are fantastic!

E47CDBE4-C4DF-4893-87E3-4714BE5CCE45.jpeg

• I like it 1

On 7/19/2018 at 10:04 PM, kevinbrink said:

I personally think it's a very good bourbon and at that price would have had at least 3 in my cart. 

Just opened it, and concur with your analysis of the opportunity.  I'll have to make my way back to grab a few...

Edited by gurgalunas
  • I like it 1

Got a little lucky today and found a new source in town.  Guy had both 16-17 4 Roses Ltd.   Nice anniversary present 

7A2B491B-6AC1-4BC1-B3C7-585B505A86C0.jpeg

• I like it 7

53 minutes ago, JGriff said:

Got a little lucky today and found a new source in town.  Guy had both 16-17 4 Roses Ltd.   Nice anniversary present 

7A2B491B-6AC1-4BC1-B3C7-585B505A86C0.jpeg

Nice finds!  Enjoy!

The SAOS Rye is a 2014, thanks  for friends that go to Europe. Got lucky tonight with a RHF on the shelf for $56. A pretty good way to end the week.

enhance

enhance

• I like it 2

Not a bourbon but I went in to pick up a bottle for a friends birthday and decided that this one really needed to come home with me.

Resized_20180721_154447_9346.jpg

Edited by CardsandBourbon

24 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Not a bourbon but I went in to pick up a bottle for a friends birthday and decided that this one really needed to come home with me.

Why is this not in the Beer thread?

• I like it 5

Decided on a whim to stop in at a small LS and found these.  First time I've seen KCryeBP and WTRB 116.8 here in the Bay Area.  They also had a ECSB store pick so I grabbed that too.  All in all a good Saturday! 

kcpb.jpg

49 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

If you like this, try to find a store pick of the WP 10yo.  They're bottled at barrel proof and are amazing!  Turns the nose and flavor up to 11! 

Not today, but yesterday I found a bottle of WSR. Paid more than I wanted to for it, but it is the first bottle of any Weller SR I have seen since we moved last year. Can't wait to try it.

10 hours ago, elmossle said:

Not today, but yesterday I found a bottle of WSR. Paid more than I wanted to for it, but it is the first bottle of any Weller SR I have seen since we moved last year. Can't wait to try it.

Geez, bro' - all you had to do is ask and ye shall receive.

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, elmossle said:

The last Weller SR I purchased was in NH, two different picks by at the state store in Nashua and they were $20 a pop, guess it was just good timing.

14 minutes ago, Galvin0791 said:

Feeling pretty good about this. ????

20180723_190335.jpg

They must ship this west in covered wagons because that one is a unicorn here in the Bay Area.  A118 is only starting to show up and I still see C917 occasionally. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.