What Bourbon are you enjoying? (Fall 2018)

kcgumbohead
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Bourbon + in the mailbox when I got home. A little Decades for the first issue. 

73E19685-4AEC-4466-8989-F23DE505B88A.jpeg

• I like it 2

Someone on this site had posted that the new batch of EW BIB is really good.  I just opened one, and I agree.  This is much better than the batch I tried when it was still relatively new.

• I like it 1

Starting off with some Blantons followed by Stagg Jr. The Blantons has been good, but kinda "meh" until tonight. For some reason it was really hitting the spot. Its crazy to me how a palate can change from day to day.

Blanton's Straight from the Barrel, 128-ish proof. Because Monday can be a celebration.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Mako254 said:

Bourbon + in the mailbox when I got home. A little Decades for the first issue. 

73E19685-4AEC-4466-8989-F23DE505B88A.jpeg

Hoping mine shows up soon. 

4 hours ago, flahute said:

Hoping mine shows up soon. 

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on this magazine once you've had a chance to check it out.

11 hours ago, PaulO said:

Someone on this site had posted that the new batch of EW BIB is really good.  I just opened one, and I agree.  This is much better than the batch I tried when it was still relatively new.

That was probably me and I'm still lovin' it.  Did a SBS with an older bottle to verify.  Older bottle was good but the new batch was much better.  The new batch has a faux tax strip over the screw cap to identify.  Otherwise bottle and label are identical. 

• I like it 1

That was probably me and I'm still lovin' it.  Did a SBS with an older bottle to verify.  Older bottle was good but the new batch was much better.  The new batch has a faux tax strip over the screw cap to identify.  Otherwise bottle and label are identical. 

This is good to hear and promising. I feel like this about some other baseline expressions. For instance I prefer the current bottling of WT101 over what was available in say 2010 up to 1-2 years ago. Do prefer those old cooler Austin Nicols bottle designs but not the contents.
  • I like it 1

I REALLY need to find some more store pick RR bottles. These are definitely better than the old label RR SiB I have. 

20181002_203757.jpg

• I like it 2

26 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

I REALLY need to find some more store pick RR bottles. These are definitely better than the old label RR SiB I have. 

20181002_203757.jpg

I've got good news for you I have a bottle from that barrel myself and it is good, but  it is probably comes in 3rd of the three I have open. RR SiB are a thing of beauty happy hunting. 

18 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

I've got good news for you I have a bottle from that barrel myself and it is good, but  it is probably comes in 3rd of the three I have open. RR SiB are a thing of beauty happy hunting. 

No doubt. 

• I like it 1

This was a real treat. 1955 Johnny Walker black. Tasted like smoked tequila. 

In other news, I still don’t like scotch. At all. 

79D82D61-9052-44C5-9287-F0C3536B4777.jpeg

• I like it 1

Sorry two posts in a row not bourbon. A fellow local SBer shared the following rum samples with me, Grander 12yr a barrel pick he got in Kentucky and FourSquare Premise and 2004. This should be interesting. Threw in a Jim Beam Black for a control sample.

IMG_5318.JPG

Sorry two posts in a row not bourbon. A fellow local SBer shared the following rum samples with me, Grander 12yr a barrel pick he got in Kentucky and FourSquare Premise and 2004. This should be interesting. Threw in a Jim Beam Black for a control sample.

IMG_5318.thumb.JPG.80fe0890654103a0a17bfa8d45d89319.JPG

You know there is a rum section elsewhere in the SB forum don’t you?

1 hour ago, lcpfratn said:

You know there is a rum section elsewhere in the SB forum don’t you?

And a Scotch section, too...

RRSiB PS.  The great folks in Lawrenceburg are sure hitting it out of the park these days. 

Cheers. 

LS got in a new KC 120 SiB store pick. It was on sale for $35. I'm enjoying a nice pour of it tonight.

Onto 4R SmB LE 2016.  This pour is to be enjoyed for certain. 

Hail toThe Lawrenceburg Cult!

Cheers

On October 1, 2018 at 9:33 PM, PaulO said:

Ok, very curious. When did the new batch come out? I by this stuff by the case. Have some from around Christmas last year and I just bought a new case. Worth comparing?

4 minutes ago, cdcdguy said:

Ok, very curious. When did the new batch come out? I by this stuff by the case. Have some from around Christmas last year and I just bought a new case. Worth comparing?

I started seeing the "new" bottle markings in late 2017. 

Cheers

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.