What Bourbon are you enjoying? (Fall 2018)

kcgumbohead
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Started the evening with some FR SMBLE '17 that was very tasty. That was followed up with an older WSR selection. Normally, when I have the WRS it tastes above average and is a nice pour. Tonight, following the FR, it was a total train wreck. Will have to revisit this one and report back. 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, CUfan99 said:

You know what time it is. OESK 10 yr 1 mo. 58.5 abv. 

A1A3C0EE-8FD6-441A-A65B-F7A1DD7BDC02.jpeg

#FourRosesFriday. 

Like it?

So, I am a night owl, I admit it. 

Still loving this bottle of RRSiB PS

It just is so complex. It hits you with tons of butterscotch, huge viscosity, wild turkey spices, so much more. 

For me,  after the bottle is open, the RRSiB  bottles always opens up, with just a little time. 

I really wish  we could get more RRSiB PS in The Great State of Oklahoma.  

Cheers

10 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

An end to a torturous work week is met with my local’s PS 1792 Single Barrel.  Nicely done selection.  Sweetish Nose, with a nice malted milk ball middle and buscuity on the finish.   Cheers to our weekend y’all!  

AB00A993-21FB-4BAE-AFCA-8DCC674CC19A.jpeg

Some of the 1792 SiB PS I have had are amazing. Enjoy. 

Cheers

Last pour of the evening. 

Parker's Heritage 11.  This barrel is a masterpiece. 

Cheers 

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Some of the 1792 SiB PS I have had are amazing. Enjoy. 

Cheers

After the first couple of pours, I’m thinking this one may be one of those!  The malted milk ball notes are really good.  

14 hours ago, Mako254 said:

#FourRosesFriday. 

Like it?

Yes, very much. Dark fruits cooked with baking spices; a little cinnamon and nutmeg and then bang the rye and pepper spice hit. I think Morganelli’s picked a better barrel than Micky Finn’s but I can really taste the similarity in age, mashbill and yeast. 

1 hour ago, CUfan99 said:

Yes, very much. Dark fruits cooked with baking spices; a little cinnamon and nutmeg and then bang the rye and pepper spice hit. I think Morganelli’s picked a better barrel than Micky Finn’s but I can really taste the similarity in age, mashbill and yeast. 

Agreee. Same song, one is a better recording than the other. But not by much. 

Finally have a little time to enjoy a some fine bourbon.  I'm usually partial to RRSB but this PS has a lot going for it.

20181013_161529.jpg

• I like it 2

Enjoying some Cumberland Cask Strength "Neutral Oak" port finished bourbons that I opened recently. It's 125 proof, but doesn't drink hot. This is good stuff and I've really enjoyed the other ones I have tried so far too (Vanilla Bean and Cacao Nibs). I have a bottle of the Ruby Port finished too but haven't cracked it opened yet.

Edited by silverc

14 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

After the first couple of pours, I’m thinking this one may be one of those!  The malted milk ball notes are really good.  

Not sure I've tasted malted milk balls in whiskey before. I really like malted milk balls. Now I'm seriously in search of this flavor. Daggone you Joe!

• I like it 1

14 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Whopper flavored Bourbon. I like it!!

My last 1792 SiB PS had a really nice Egg Nog note (great for me). 

I had never picked that up, until that bottle. I had to go pick up a few more.  

Cheers 

Bears game. Disappointing so far (unless you are a Dolphins fan I guess). Grabbed the Weller SR and then the EWSB. How the Bears play the second half will decide where we go from here.

3 hours ago, BMartin42 said:

Bears game. Disappointing so far (unless you are a Dolphins fan I guess). Grabbed the Weller SR and then the EWSB. How the Bears play the second half will decide where we go from here.

I'm guessing that you ended up going with some high proof stuff.

Edited by Swamp55
  • I like it 1

15 minutes ago, Swamp55 said:

I'm guessing that you ended up going with some high proof stuff.

I know I am about too. Wild finish.

Out "partying" by myself. Kicked things off with a WT longbranch, not wildly impressed. Then spotted a PH Malt on the shelf, 2oz for $13, yes please!

Edited by Kane
Me fail English? Unpossible!
  • I like it 1

15 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

#teamsarah delivers again. 

These are long gone but so damn good. 

E9EE874F-CE78-47B4-8CBD-3447A52B7B70.jpeg

I always preferred the 7 year to the 10 year, a family friend worked for the NJ distributor so I drank more than my fair share when it was on the shelf. 

Decompressing after a long week at work and busy and chilly weekend of soccer with a nice pour of standard KCSiB.  

Saturday night at dinner before seeing Aladdin at the Kentucky Center enjoyed a pour of Stagg Jr. with my Green Chile Won-tons at Bristol.  Last night while watching the Chiefs/Patriots game had some OF Statesman followed by some David Nicholson 1843 (white label).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.