What Bourbon are you enjoying? (Fall 2018)

kcgumbohead
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just cracked a New Riff BIB that I picked up in August while at the distillery. It's different and has a lot of peppery spice. I don't think it's amazing, but I will revisit it in the next few days to see if it opens up some more. I may consider getting a single barrel version of this if I see one. Anybody know if the single barrels are also BIB (100 pr) or if they are cask strength?

Wow. I certainly didn't remember this SAOS 10yr bottled at 56.5% being so damn good. I think I'll have another pour :) 

11 hours ago, silverc said:

Just cracked a New Riff BIB that I picked up in August while at the distillery. It's different and has a lot of peppery spice. I don't think it's amazing, but I will revisit it in the next few days to see if it opens up some more. I may consider getting a single barrel version of this if I see one. Anybody know if the single barrels are also BIB (100 pr) or if they are cask strength?

Cask. I really liked both bottles that I have had a pour out of. 

Booker's for me. I've been trying to empty this bottle that I feel 'meh' about. Though this time tasted better than usual, watered a little less (swished an ice cube in it for 30 seconds or so)

Last night was some RR 6 y.o. rye.  The more I drink this the more I like it.

• I like it 1

Went for dinner at Bill's house. He had Maker's, Bushmill, and something gin. So I poured myself a Maker's. Don't generally care for it but tonight it was quite pleasant. Good company makes everything better. Not sipping, tasting, and analyzing--just enjoying. Cheers!

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Flyfish said:

Went for dinner at Bill's house. He had Maker's, Bushmill, and something gin. So I poured myself a Maker's. Don't generally care for it but tonight it was quite pleasant. Good company makes everything better. Not sipping, tasting, and analyzing--just enjoying. Cheers!

Amen.  

Ran in to a store that had a bunch of a 2012 batch of Noah's Mill on the shelf for $45 and left it all behind since it had been a while since I had an older bottle open and the current foil top one I have is pretty much not good. Came home and decided to open an older one, this one is actually a 2013 batch and the difference is night and day, probably will grab a bottle of the batch I left behind at some point now. 

y4m7zem4CzyZrHw_wLMbXhd4afpupuNmSEtAftRi

Started the evening with a pour of some of a EC store pick that happens to be 12yrs old. Very tasty! Then I moved on to a pour of Weller 107 NCF SB. A completely different profile from my first pour of the bottle over the weekend. Most certainly needing to do some more investigating with my taste buds.

With all the talk of W12 the past few days, I decided that W12 would be my first pour of the evening...might be my second too! It’s been awhile since I had a pour, and I’m really enjoying it this evening. It’s a shame that it’s so hard to find these days, but fortunately there are many alternatives (not necessarily wheaters) that are just as tasty, and more readily available, at similar retail pricing.

• I like it 1

An end to a torturous work week is met with my local’s PS 1792 Single Barrel.  Nicely done selection.  Sweetish Nose, with a nice malted milk ball middle and buscuity on the finish.   Cheers to our weekend y’all!  

AB00A993-21FB-4BAE-AFCA-8DCC674CC19A.jpeg

• I like it 3

Drinking David Nicholson 1843 tonight, after some Knob Creek SmB at an event (I never buy KC SmB, but I seem to drink quite a bit of it). The DN1843 does not taste like a wheater to me at all. Even higher proof wheaters have a sweetness in the finish that I just don't get at all in this bourbon. Not bad, but I would never guess what it was blind even with a great many guesses.

It’s a BT kinda night. Started with W12. I haven’t had it in a while but I was reminded that to me it’s got one of the best noses in bourbon. Thoroughly enjoyable and a great start to the evening. Followed that with my favorite drink these days, a  3:1 ER10 and Stagg Jr. blend. Hitting the spot. 

BB24AD4A-F01B-450C-85C3-E3218012F50E.jpeg

• I like it 3

Been a little while since I drank from this one. Very tasty, settled down quite a bit, at least tonight.

bHYxfVp.jpg

• I like it 4

19 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

9 yr 11 mos OESK. 55.8% Thanks @CUfan99 for the curb service!

40DF0B99-50B2-48CB-836A-E7E7085D7009.jpeg

#fourrosefriday coming up for me too momentarily after I finish a RRSiB pour. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.