What Bourbon did you purchase today (Fall 2018)

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Grabbed a couple SJR and an A118 ECBP. One of the SJRs is destined for another SBr.  Passed on a few other stuff also at retail that I didn't really need...Baby Saz, ER10, etc.  Guy said last week they got in a single bottle each of PHC and OFBIB (not sure if 11 or 9 year) but they were gone the same day.

20181020_211000-2016x980.jpg

• I like it 1

I had a good day today. Celebrated seeing my aunt from the states and partied it up. But before that I got some Stagg Jr ( batch 10) and another lot 40 cask strength for 2018. It's so good! This is my third bottle. IMG_20181020_211418.thumb.jpeg.c8d1245bf82f697abec97b3ed5879349.jpeg

On 10/16/2018 at 8:37 PM, elmossle said:

........I have plenty of great bourbon to help get me thru the long winter months coming up. 

Yes.........this is the key.

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, cdcdguy said:

Did not find any HHBIB. Seems gone. Did ok though.

image.jpg

Since someone else asked about prices. The HH 90 has gone up to 13.99. Still a great prices. The VOB is still 13.99.  The ET is up to 23.00 a slight rise but it's for a liter !  Your prices may vary.

CDCGuy, I also picked up a bottle of the ET BIB.  Opened it that same night and was pleased with the taste.

On 10/20/2018 at 3:50 PM, 0895 said:

Personally, I think you might’ve gotten something better than pappy....

jimmys never there when I go. 

I agree! I couldn’t say “Sir” enough!!!

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

Congrats!

Thanks, I think I'm going to save it for my bachelor party or 1st anniversary, something special.  

• I like it 2

38 minutes ago, PhantomLamb said:

Thanks, I think I'm going to save it for my bachelor party or 1st anniversary, something special.  

Unless your friends are real bourbon fans, I'd suggest a different special occasion for that WLW than a bachelor party!  Those occasions tend to lead to notable memory loss, and that's one bottle that you'll want to remember!

• I like it 3

10 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

CDCGuy, I also picked up a bottle of the ET BIB.  Opened it that same night and was pleased with the taste.

I like it. I get a sweet bubble gum flavor. Good addition to the BIBs but not available everywhere.

24 minutes ago, beasled said:

Screenshot_20181023-113420_Gallery.jpg

Geez, are all these beauties going over to the other side of The Pond, you lucky devils???   I haven't seen seen hide nor hair of the current FRLE 130th around here!  Bummer . . . . . .  ☺️

Should I call my new Best Buddy Brent?   ?

Brent Elliott.jpeg

Edited by GeeTen
Pic added
  • I like it 4

22 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Geez, are all these beauties going over to the other side of The Pond, you lucky devils???   I haven't seen seen hide nor hair of the current FRLE 130th around here!  Bummer . . . . . .  ☺️

Brent Elliott.jpeg

Sorry dude.. hope your buddy can help you out, great pic! 

• I like it 2

Bourbon Hunting Season Opening Day and Closing Day at the same time this year for me.  All purchased at MSRP.   Best season I’ve ever had.   Can’t wait to do a vertical tasting this weekend on OFBB.    GTS, WLW & ORVW will have to wait till my family is together at Christmas. JBDM I might regret buying but it sure will look good on the bar even if it takes awhile to finish off.    Would have liked to gotten a FR 130th but no complaints this year.   

2D6E8B4E-BF57-46BE-9B9F-C3D9F71AF8DB.jpeg

• I like it 6

54 minutes ago, $helby said:

Bourbon Hunting Season Opening Day and Closing Day at the same time this year for me.  All purchased at MSRP.   Best season I’ve ever had.   Can’t wait to do a vertical tasting this weekend on OFBB.    GTS, WLW & ORVW will have to wait till my family is together at Christmas. JBDM I might regret buying but it sure will look good on the bar even if it takes awhile to finish off.    Would have liked to gotten a FR 130th but no complaints this year.   

Honestly I'm interested most to hear how you feel about the JB Distillers Masterpiece, I can't remember if I've ever seen a review or post about it. 

• I like it 4

16 hours ago, Swamp55 said:

Unless your friends are real bourbon fans, I'd suggest a different special occasion for that WLW than a bachelor party!  Those occasions tend to lead to notable memory loss, and that's one bottle that you'll want to remember!

I'm a pretty tame guy, mine would consist of camping or a fishing trip, not much of a partier.  But agreed, especially after I saw that it won the Jim Murray award for 2018, I'm psyched.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, $helby said:

What a haul!  Excited to hear your thoughts on OFBB.

Pales in comparison to many of the finds reported in the last few pages (and I have no picture), but I had a successful shopping trip yesterday getting a store pick Blanton’s and Baby Saz, both of which I love, but have been near impossible to grab in my area for the last 6 months at least. 

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, beasled said:

Screenshot_20181023-113420_Gallery.jpg

So I believe there are supposed to be something like 13,140 bottles of this right?  Is that total worldwide or just the domestic release?  Also, the overseas versions are 700ml right? Just curious if anyone knows. whether the announced number of bottles includes both the 750 and 700 ml versions.  Either way, nice find!

15 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

So I believe there are supposed to be something like 13,140 bottles of this right?  Is that total worldwide or just the domestic release?  Also, the overseas versions are 700ml right? Just curious if anyone knows. whether the announced number of bottles includes both the 750 and 700 ml versions.  Either way, nice find!

Thanks! The worldwide are 700ml, correct, and there are 3804 of them as per the back of the bottle. So if someone with a 750ml bottle can share the number on the back we'll have the answer as to whether this is included in the total.

Edited by beasled
  • I like it 2

15 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Brent Elliott.jpeg

Let us know if bringing the Master Distiller some roses works for you :D

• I like it 1

22 hours ago, $helby said:

How in the world do you find these for MSRP? I can barely find any. Saw the Stagg for $799 one place, $339 another....   Had the OFBB in Louisville, was awesome! Great catch!

Ok, ok - I know I'm WEAK!  Went to a special L&K tasting of Angel's Envy last night w/Wes Henderson, Lincoln's son.  Tasted white dog (new make), the aged (4-6 yr) bourbon before port barrel finishing (very good, BTW), and then the final port barrel-finished (extra 6 months) bourbon.  Then they rolled out the rum-finished rye in a free (!) Angel's Envy glass (someone stole mine!) - great mouthfeel, rich sweet & spice on the nose and palate, with a long warm finish.  Wes gave a very entertaining and informative presentation. 

Then they rolled out eight (8) bottles of the 2018 Cask Strength.  Maybe it was the chocolate that was served with the rye, maybe it was the high-end tequila that I had with the wife at dinner (Casa Dragones Joven Sipping Tequila, Don Julio 1942 & Patron Gran Burdeos), or maybe it my affection for shiny things, but this followed me home:

2018 Angel's Envy Cask Strength.jpg

And Wes was kind enough to sign the bottle for me:

2018 Angel's Envy Cask Strength Wes Henderson.jpg

I'll post some tasting notes when I open her up in the Angel's Envy Cask Strength thread that I started last week.  So much for attaining bourbon zen, eh?   ☺️

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 5

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.