What Bourbon did you purchase today (Fall 2018)

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Did it make it to a shelf or did you get a phonecall? Thats a great and rare find in our state. Congrats!

Oh no, these never make it on a shelf around here unless they are priced at secondary prices. I still paid a bit of a premium, but it was reasonable given the supply and demand for OFBB.

5 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

0895 beat me to it. ^_^ I too was gonna ask what proof/batch. I stopped at a store on the way home and had a bottle in my hand but passed even though the price was pretty good.  

Biba! Joe

131.9 so I am guessing this is Batch 11. I had some more this evening and it is losing some of its awesome flavor with air time, but is still a extremely good bourbon. I was too busy today to stop to look for more, but hope to find another bottle tomorrow.

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, elmossle said:

131.9 so I am guessing this is Batch 11. I had some more this evening and it is losing some of its awesome flavor with air time, but is still a extremely good bourbon. I was too busy today to stop to look for more, but hope to find another bottle tomorrow.

Thanks.  I found a list of Stagg Jr batches.That's batch #9. Batch #10 is 126.4 proof. The store I was at had Batch #9 & batch #8 @ 129.5 proof.

The birthday hits keep coming. My daughter surprised me with a bottle of Knob Creek Cask Strength Rye and a BoSox World Series Championship cap.

I figure the Rye will go with the Black Forest cake my wife is making me. The cap will be perfect when we sail away on our cruise, tomorrow, from NYC.

57 minutes ago, beasled said:

@graftonbc1 Happy Birthday!

I picked up a Heaven Hill 9 year finished in an Islay Hogshead. 66.1%. Should be interesting. 

Screenshot_20181102-123331_Gallery.jpg

Wow that sounds awesome, what does that run?

10 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Wow that sounds awesome, what does that run?

This was £60, which isn't too bad for single barrel, high proof bourbon of this age over here. 

The tasting notes sound interesting... 

"Nose: Brown sugar & cajun spice on yer corn on the cob

Palate: Brown sugar how come you taste so good...

Finish: I bet your mama was a cajun queen..."

1 minute ago, beasled said:

This was £60, which isn't too bad for single barrel, high proof bourbon of this age over here. 

Nice, not a bad price here either really, considering This years PHC would be $10 more at retail and is just a finished 7-8 year old higher proof bourbon.

• I like it 1

4 minutes ago, beasled said:

And yeah great tasting notes

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Nice, not a bad price here either really, considering This years PHC would be $10 more at retail and is just a finished 7-8 year old higher proof bourbon.

PHC over here will be something like £150 or something I would guess. Last years is £215 and unsurprisingly hasn't sold out yet... 

• I like it 2

Got the only bottle of OF1910 the local Binny’s had sitting in my car while I sip on a Bakers at lunch. A SxS with 1920 is in order at some point this weekend.

• I like it 1

I've been trying to find this for quite a while now. Very excited to have picked one up today. I think I want to open it now but I might wait.

iMK3MdE.jpg

• I like it 3

14 minutes ago, Stump1998 said:

Can't go wrong with that line up

The guy who own’s the store is very high in these RR & FR picks.  We shall see!

Lucky to get one. 

E5C533B5-5F90-4FE6-9AB7-E5E246850D15.thumb.jpeg.bf518f3405ed3b5f3063dfe8a44414bb.jpeg

Very nice Mako.

I got another RRSB pick, I seem to go for these way to often and they don’t tend to last.

IMG_5552.thumb.JPG.3d2ffb7c2f128ba379fa4b313eddc975.JPG

37 minutes ago, foppa78 said:

I've been trying to find this for quite a while now. Very excited to have picked one up today. I think I want to open it now but I might wait.

iMK3MdE.jpg

Open it . Its great. 

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, BMartin42 said:

Got the only bottle of OF1910 the local Binny’s had sitting in my car while I sip on a Bakers at lunch. A SxS with 1920 is in order at some point this weekend.

I look forward to your notes on that SBS.  I'm a fan of the 1920, and I hope to see the 1910 in my area soon.

I have been looking forward to this phone call. It’s been a good bourbon week for me. 
EE29CA8A-DBD4-4F9C-B8A6-7342478F423A.thumb.jpeg.aea91b3051c0fdfcfff7df234717a456.jpeg

That’s one I have yet to get my hands on. Been trying for years.
  • I like it 1

2 of my favorites and some beers. I haven't come across any LEs this year (and to be honest I haven't searched for them), but I sure do get excited when I find a 4th floor store pick RRSiB at a store that has a good reputation for choosing barrels. 

20181102_174747.jpg

• I like it 1

Two bottles of Eagle Rare and one bottle of CEHT Small Batch to replace some missing soldiers in the bunker.

35 minutes ago, Radioyada said:

Two bottles of Eagle Rare and one bottle of CEHT Small Batch to replace some missing soldiers in the bunker.

I've been buying those lately too.  

Today was HWDR finished in Barreled Manhattan barrels.  Not usually a finished whiskey guy, but the finished HW is great with a cigar.  The HWDR is half the price of MWND, so it got the nod...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.