What Water of Life Did You Purchase - Fall/Winter 2018

BigRich
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

9 hours ago, BigRich said:

Oooh I like those bottles

Yeah not normally one for packaging but these are sexy!

LRP was having a 15% off sale on scotch when I was passing through Hattiesburg the other day, and I couldn’t resist these.
IMG_5285.jpg

• I like it 5

If for some odd reason you don't like the Caol Ila, let me know.......

• I like it 4

If for some odd reason you don't like the Caol Ila, let me know.......

Hell, one of the reasons that I got it was because you had previously raved about how good it is...so hopefully I won’t be disappointed!

52 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

Hell, one of the reasons that I got it was because you had previously raved about how good it is...so hopefully I won’t be disappointed!

You won’t be— the CI17 is the ultimate “Coastal Highland.”

Funny, I was at Lincoln Road late last night on my way to Raleigh— literally had the place to myself.

• I like it 1

can’t count how often i looked at this one and thought “next time”. must’ve been 3+ years...

CC97B548-F656-486A-A60F-4D069500ADC4.thumb.jpeg.625f83f773e29a1fd0d724835ee281f5.jpeg

• I like it 5

23 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

Just found this in my “portabunker” travel kit— didn’t even know it was on board. Cheers. 

0AD9E135-1E3A-448B-BE6A-56F8EA8AE53D.jpeg

• I like it 2

Just found this in my “portabunker” travel kit— didn’t even know it was on board. Cheers. 

0AD9E135-1E3A-448B-BE6A-56F8EA8AE53D.thumb.jpeg.4e6dc36c468bffb3c0d6de69e6a198db.jpeg

Ha! I hope you enjoyed it. I haven’t opened the one I bought yet, but I’ll get to it eventually.

3 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

A rather successful day on the dusty hunt. 

y4mvDG3jd9mbiRDyWuVR_ny2nuN0DRqog5-6Q7XD

Wow— totally digging the Dalmore. Congrats on such a nice group. 

Edited by Marekv8
  • I like it 1

7 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Wow— totally digging the Dalmore. Congrats on such a nice group. 

Thanks I actually left one behind, the store owner told me I must know my stuff, he said his son was just getting serious into whiskey, I asked him if he wanted to save one for him so he could try it SBS with the current iteration and he thought that might be fun for him. Dalmore 12 and Cigar Malt were pretty regular pours for me in my 20's so I'm looking forward to doing the same. 

Edited by kevinbrink

4 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Thanks I actually left one behind, the store owner told me I must know my stuff, he said his son was just getting serious into whiskey, I asked him if he wanted to save one for him so he could try it SBS with the current iteration and he thought that might be fun for him. Dalmore 12 and Cigar Malt were pretty regular pours for me in my 20's so I'm looking forward to doing the same. 

The Rémy-Cointreau era Highland Park brings back memories-- but I certainly wasn't in my 20s.

• I like it 1

Last year's Brora version was well-done so I figured what the hell… always game for a good blend.

IMG_0154.thumb.jpg.606ad51b6a68d32c2e89cd3f9261e94c.jpg

• I like it 3

On 1/19/2019 at 6:33 PM, BigRich said:

I recently opened the sherry cask from the same vintage and my cork disintegrated too. Eagle Rare corks fit nicely though.

Those Arran Premium Sherry Casks can be delightful! The Whisky Shop in SF had a private barrel of those and I must have bought at least half a dozen!

On 1/25/2019 at 7:29 PM, lcpfratn said:

Had another pour tonight, Jeff. Still loving it!

• I like it 1

Finally got to a Binny's today to use a couple of Christmas gift cards. I'd read about this bottle and it sounded intriguing so one came home with me. Blended to celebrate Binny's 70th Anniversary, I couldn't pass it up. They say it's 15% "well aged" grain whisky, four Highland single malts aged in American oak, French oak and sherry butts, and 6% heavy peated Islay single malts. 

Compass Box.jpg

• I like it 4

Tamdhu 10 and Glencadem 10 picked up yesterday.  I really like the Tamdhu Batch strength and I have heard good things about the 10.  The Glencadem is my second purchase of this bottle.  The first was very good.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.