What Water of Life Did You Purchase - Fall/Winter 2018

BigRich
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Great finds there BigPapa.  I bought up a whole bunch of these before they disappeared.  Such a good, reliable pour, and can't go wrong with a Macallan/HP blend at 18 years and well under $100.

Totally agree!!!
59.00 a pop before Mn tax.
  • I like it 2

Hopefully this will be the end of my Dalmore run. Picked up quite a few points with the LS owner by getting this shelf hog out of his way.

726527473_IMG_0335(1).thumb.jpg.38e5f288f5860824d5d16a6c0d647da2.jpg

• I like it 5

I left two cases of Laphroaig 15 on the shelf, in favor of these, have a feeling all will still be around next time I find my way to the store I found these at. 

y4mkliWyL3G8tat7wA_aMXgmtni1oqxWBPAj0jEG

• I like it 5

No idea how old this sucker is, but it was cheaper in NYC today than the current 10yo is at home. 

B2265E75-37BF-469F-A8FA-135E3B2D759C.thumb.jpeg.453c1e77ee9e7c1d32f183850dbebb3c.jpeg

Edited by Marekv8
  • I like it 2

21 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

No idea how old this sucker is, but it was cheaper in NYC today than the current 10yo is at home. 

B2265E75-37BF-469F-A8FA-135E3B2D759C.thumb.jpeg.453c1e77ee9e7c1d32f183850dbebb3c.jpeg

I saw a 15 of that era on the shelf the other day was pretty tempted to grab it at just over a hundred but I've done enough spending in recent weeks.

• I like it 2

Been looking for a proper bottle of Jura for quite a while— figured I could trust Samaroli...

E44C086A-8191-440B-9439-26CBC46B415C.thumb.jpeg.7e3435f4f87d905dff4026f8dcd25337.jpeg

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Marekv8 said:

Been looking for a proper bottle of Jura for quite a while— figured I could trust Samaroli...

E44C086A-8191-440B-9439-26CBC46B415C.thumb.jpeg.7e3435f4f87d905dff4026f8dcd25337.jpeg

I've yet to find a Jura that works for me hope that Samaroli is a good one. I have liked all of the Old Particular's I've grabbed, as an FYI there is a Ben Nevis 12 year floating around the city. 

4 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

I've yet to find a Jura that works for me hope that Samaroli is a good one. I have liked all of the Old Particular's I've grabbed, as an FYI there is a Ben Nevis 12 year floating around the city. 

Thanks for the Ben Nevis tip. If it’s where I suspect— I’ll have to pass as I’m not allowed in the store.

• I like it 1

Thanks for the Ben Nevis tip. If it’s where I suspect— I’ll have to pass as I’m not allowed in the store.

You’re such a friendly and knowledgeable guy that I can’t imagine what you did to get banned from that store...but of course we are talking NYC and they sometimes don’t know what to think about us southern boys.

2 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

You’re such a friendly and knowledgeable guy that I can’t imagine what you did to get banned from that store...but of course we are talking NYC and they sometimes don’t know what to think about us southern boys.

I wouldn't let him into my store he would buy all the nice bottles I have my eye on! ;) 

• I like it 2

6 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

I walked up to what I thought was an open register, not realizing that there was a queue of folks further back being sent to check out one at a time (I had never been there when crowded). Anyway, the manager went nuts, accused me of breaking in line and made a huge show of tossing me out. Rather surreal.

I walked up to what I thought was an open register, not realizing that there was a queue of folks further back being sent to check out one at a time (I had never been there when crowded). Anyway, the manager went nuts, accused me of breaking in line and made a huge show of tossing me out. Rather surreal.

Wow! I don’t think I’d care about going back in there anyway!

I wouldn't let him into my store he would buy all the nice bottles I have my eye on! [emoji6] 

He does have an eye for the finer things in life, that’s for sure!
  • I like it 1

6 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

He does have an eye for the finer things in life, that’s for sure!

The term “finer” is a total disconnect— I would be much more comfortable with eclectic, challenging or unwieldy.

• I like it 2

42 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

The term “finer” is a total disconnect— I would be much more comfortable with eclectic, challenging or unwieldy.

Some of us think those are the finer things in life 

• I like it 1

7 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Some of us think those are the finer things in life 

Nicely said— without risk there is no reward.

• I like it 2

The combination of a Friday and the first day of the month brought some fresh bottles out. Apparently only six bottles for NYC this round— whereas the CR Grooves was everywhere. Sorry for the taxi shot. 

4D184823-EF27-49C0-939B-EA9CEAF4EC14.thumb.jpeg.8f491c977a06c7b48b47a91a0a6dc0ff.jpeg

• I like it 5

Been a while since I have been here. Been really busy. Thought I would share. I have been really getting into more Scotch recently. It started with a Bruichladdich Port Charlotte. Then just purchased a Laphroaig 10. Love it. Just today purchased a Balvenie 12 year Single Barrel First fill. Also. Purchased a economical Ballentines scotch to keep me away from the prizes in my growing collection. 

Good to be back.

overpaid $20 or so on an old Laddie Tenner but it is worth it. pure malt hits the spot. 

probably will go back and get more.

FA5C6A8C-17F1-45BB-A688-51C28F90110A.thumb.jpeg.43145108c97d01bb1c65ed22a1df5743.jpeg

• I like it 4

I bought a bottle of the new Ardbeg Drum Committee Release because, like Fredo, I'm weak and stupid.  It checks so many of my weak spots on spec I almost didn't have a choice in the matter.  

• I like it 1

On 3/1/2019 at 12:49 PM, Marekv8 said:

The combination of a Friday and the first day of the month brought some fresh bottles out. Apparently only six bottles for NYC this round— whereas the CR Grooves was everywhere. Sorry for the taxi shot. 

4D184823-EF27-49C0-939B-EA9CEAF4EC14.thumb.jpeg.8f491c977a06c7b48b47a91a0a6dc0ff.jpeg

That sounds very interesting.  I love me some Ardbeg.  How do you get your hands on the Committee version vs. the regular one?  Looks like MSRP is $110 for reg, $120 for comm.  I passed on last years Grooves after trying it.  Wasn't my thing.  I like the peatier or sherried Ardbegs.

And given that I'm a drummer...I of course want one! 

Edited by Clueby

17 minutes ago, Clueby said:

That sounds very interesting.  I love me some Ardbeg.  How do you get your hands on the Committee version vs. the regular one?  Looks like MSRP is $110 for reg, $120 for comm.  I passed on last years Grooves after trying it.  Wasn't my thing.  I like the peatier or sherried Ardbegs.

According to the Committee email blast from Ardbeg, the CR version was supposed to hit on March 05 with the standard release on June 01, Ardbeg Day. I guess the bottles hit a bit early in the States-- it was quite the unexpected surprise. The Springbank 19yo Fresh Rum is one of my favorite drams-- so I'm hoping for the best.

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, berto said:

I bought a bottle of the new Ardbeg Drum Committee Release because, like Fredo, I'm weak and stupid.  It checks so many of my weak spots on spec I almost didn't have a choice in the matter.  

I struck out on this one unless a friend comes through for me. It's the most intriguing on spec form me from the last few years I'll definitely pick up the wider release when it's out later this year. 

4 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

According to the Committee email blast from Ardbeg, the CR version was supposed to hit on March 05 with the standard release on June 01, Ardbeg Day. I guess the bottles hit a bit early in the States-- it was quite the unexpected surprise. The Springbank 19yo Fresh Rum is one of my favorite drams-- so I'm hoping for the best.

Just checked email and saw that I got the same email re the releases. I don't typically see committee releases on the shelf, however.

4 hours ago, Clueby said:

Is that the MSRP? Here I know that the Committees sell for $109 and the wider releases for $90. I'm a fan of Grooves, of the last few I think I like it more than Kelpie and Auriverdes and less than Dark Cove though that is completely non scientific since my bottle of Dark Cove is long gone.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.