What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Spring 2019)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

7 hours ago, The Black Tot said:

Friday night science.

I remember foolish days when I thought I'd never like Beam...

20190329_192547.jpg

Dude! WTF is up with the upside down label on the JBB?

32 minutes ago, MTNBourbon said:

Might be tough to find, I don't know.:)

Seriously saw this, plus some other releases on the shelf the other day for 159.99. Was conflicted because I would not pay that, but really, really wanted to take them home with me.

• I like it 1

Since the price hike was announced I've been semi-rationing my store pick 4R bottles. But sometimes they come calling, and I'm always happy to answer the phone. 

20190329_214157.jpg

• I like it 1

13 minutes ago, Charlutz said:

A) Disgruntled employee

B  Employee sampled too much of

mashbill before clocking out

C) Last to be bottled Fri afternoon

D) All of the above

Is the chat room still a thing on here?  We used to get pretty good turnouts back in the day.

21 minutes ago, JakeySnakes said:

Seriously saw this, plus some other releases on the shelf the other day for 159.99. Was conflicted because I would not pay that, but really, really wanted to take them home with me.

I've had this one for a few years, I believe. I paid $60 for it. What does Batch 6 go for, any idea? Still have a Batch 12.

2 hours ago, jcg9779 said:

Anderson, SC, huh?  I pulled some good bottles out of there 8-10 years ago.  I still think I have an OGD Bicentennial bottle from Anderson.  There was so much good stuff back in the day all around that area (Spartanburg, Greenville, etc).  Cheers!

There are still a few good ones to be found. Why just the other day I ran across an Old Forester that actually said signature on the label and a twist cap Henry McKenna BiB. So dusty. My bourbon karma must have been pegged out!

• I like it 1

IMG_4781.jpg
Went to a tasting tonight to raise money for MS. Everyone was supposed to bring a bottle (about half actually did). This was the lineup. My contribution was the High West American Prairie. All in all a good night and I found myself going back for the Legent a couple times. Need to find a bottle to bring home.

• I like it 3

14 hours ago, MTNBourbon said:

Just might finish this tonight.

How is that one?  I found a sealed one while exploring the bunker not too long ago.

8 minutes ago, 0895 said:

How is that one?  I found a sealed one while exploring the bunker not too long ago.

That's a batch 10? If you need some help finding out let me know! I've got some batch 11 and 12 to compare to.

• I like it 1

33 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Very nice, I liked Batch 6 more though.:) Next up will be Batch 12.

8 minutes ago, MTNBourbon said:

Very nice, I liked Batch 6 more though.:) Next up will be Batch 12.

I found those two as well ( A much needed reorganization and condensing happened that day).

I drank a bottle of 12.  It is very nice indeed.  I had a sample of the hazmat, but I don't really remember it... there was a lot of stuff there.

:)

Personally, I feel like the older thicker bottles were better batches, but I'm not sure if it's reality, or just my romantic memories...

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 1

6 minutes ago, 0895 said:

I found those two as well ( A much needed reorganization and condensing happened that day).

I drank a bottle of 12.  It is very nice indeed.  I had a sample of the hazmat, but I don't really remember it... there was a lot of stuff there.

Personally, I feel like the older thicker bottles were better batches, but I'm not sure if it's reality, or just my romantic memories...

Batch 12 was my favorite of the older batches but I haven't tried them all obviously.  I did do a SBS with a batch 12 and a couple of the newer batches and to me it was indeed better.

• I like it 1

29 minutes ago, 0895 said:

I feel the same way. I've only had one from the new bottle, Batch 13 (127 Proof), that's how I listed it. Pretty good, but not in the 130+ range, but whatever came out after that, they hit that 130+ range, I have know idea.

I’m having some Old Grand Turkey or Wild Grandad if you prefer. 50/50 OGD 114 and RR 6 yr Rye. She’s running a little hot for 102 proof but the flavor is there. 

Edited by CUfan99
Had a brain cramp and called it a 4 grain
  • I like it 2

Starting off with George Remus. Worried my palate is off tonight. Tastes nothing like it did the first couple times. Hot for 94 proof and nothing but cinnamon red hots. Maybe the cigar from last night is still messing with me. Last time I really enjoyed this.

20 hours ago, Charlutz said:

Seems like many people in the UK use liquor dispenser trees that hold the bottles upside down.  I saw this at many hotels and bars while over there.

I know you can buy Jack Daniels from overseas with the label purposefully mounted upside down for this purpose.

https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/1122/jack-daniels-original-bar-bottle

• I like it 3

14 minutes ago, BMartin42 said:

Starting off with George Remus. Worried my palate is off tonight. Tastes nothing like it did the first couple times. Hot for 94 proof and nothing but cinnamon red hots. Maybe the cigar from last night is still messing with me. Last time I really enjoyed this.

I really enjoy a good cigar with my bourbon.. however... It definitely effects or impacts my palate normally for 2 days thereafter and not just in regards in the tasting of bourbon...

About to celebrate a Texas Tech trip to the Final Four with a couple pours from my favorite open bottles.IMG_1069.jpg

• I like it 4

1 minute ago, NDN98 said:

About to celebrate a Texas Tech trip to the Final Four with a couple pours from my favorite open bottles.IMG_1069.jpg

Nice duo! Both in my fav Top 10.. Enjoy!

• I like it 1

23 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

Since the price hike was announced I've been semi-rationing my store pick 4R bottles. But sometimes they come calling, and I'm always happy to answer the phone. 

20190329_214157.jpg

You seem to be fond of the FRSiB! I bought my first today and have yet to try.. Mine appears to be out of the same warehouse (JW) 69-2E. What barrel number is yours if I may ask? Thx!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.