What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today, Spring 2019

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up a bottle of CEHT small batch to go wait with the other backup bottles.  Now my stash cabinet is completely full, and I need to start finishing some of the opened ones before I purchase any more.

Yeah, good luck with that.
  • I like it 5

Bought 6 JB repeal batch 1L.  9.99 at Costco.  Ever so slightly cheaper than buying white label in the 1.75 format.

• I like it 1

On 4/6/2019 at 4:48 PM, Harry in WashDC said:

I did a quick search on SB for "Makers Mark Cask Strength" (and selected -  o ALL my search terms) and got about a dozen threads.  One of them was "Makers Mark Cask Strength".  IIRC, quite a few of us who had moved on from basic MM as "ok but not interesting" and didn't find MM 46 all that much better found that we liked the MMCS enough to buy it.  Our comments, mostly from 2015-2017, do contain some tasting notes.  It was also a Bottle of the Month (BOTM) back then.

GO TO SB's "Home" (upper left corner of this page) then scroll down to "Bourbon Discussion" and select "Straight Bourbon of the Month" then browse among the topics.

Yeah, I did this right after.  Thanks for clarifying, this was the general consensus I got too.  Will try to pick a bottle up in the coming weeks.

6 minutes ago, PhantomLamb said:

Yeah, I did this right after.  Thanks for clarifying, this was the general consensus I got too.  Will try to pick a bottle up in the coming weeks.

7 minutes ago, PhantomLamb said:

Be sure to let us know what you think.  MMCS doesn't stick to its profile as well as some other SiB/SmB-style offerings (like Blantons, Bookers) do.  Because the variations are greater, knowing something about a particular offering can help the rest of us when deciding to buy or not.

1 minute ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Be sure to let us know what you think.  MMCS doesn't stick to its profile as well as some other SiB/SmB-style offerings (like Blantons, Bookers) do.  Because the variations are greater, knowing something about a particular offering can help the rest of us when deciding to buy or not.

Agreed.  Ever since I've joined the forums, it's helped me immensely in my purchases from the bottom to top shelves.  Will share my thoughts.

I was in danger of having my card revoked, and had to re-up my cult membership. I’ve only had one taste of a Q and didn’t care for it. This barrel was supposedly both Al Young’s and Brent’s pick of the litter so I preordered two at $70 each. Entire barrel sold out on preorder so I’m crossing my fingers. 

70D83A78-B4C6-4F49-8BAB-5E9C186D2010.jpeg

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, Charlutz said:

I was in danger of having my card revoked, and had to re-up my cult membership. I’ve only had one taste of a Q and didn’t care for it. This barrel was supposedly both Al Young’s and Brent’s pick of the litter so I preordered two at $70 each. Entire barrel sold out on preorder so I’m crossing my fingers. 

The OBSQ needs a higher age, lower proof and air time to really show out IMO. They can be a little hot when 1st cracked based on a couple I’ve tried. Almost a full 10 years and not a very high proof makes me suspect you did good. 

• I like it 1

The New Riff was limit one and the first time I’ve ever seen it. Got to taste the Legent last weekend and excited to have a bottle here at home to explore without all the cigar smoke messing with my taste buds. IMG_1573.jpg

11 hours ago, Charlutz said:

I had a couple pour of this pick this past weekend.  It is good.  Cheers!

1 hour ago, ccleve23 said:

I had a couple pour of this pick this past weekend.  It is good.  Cheers!

Thanks Chris! I figured you would have grabbed some. I’m off bourbon until Easter and the waiting is killing me!

16 hours ago, BMartin42 said:

Got to taste the Legent last weekend and excited to have a bottle here at home to explore without all the cigar smoke messing with my taste buds. 

Absolutely wrecks me...

5 hours ago, Charlutz said:

Thanks Chris! I figured you would have grabbed some. I’m off bourbon until Easter and the waiting is killing me!

I gave up soda instead.  Way smarter :) 

Several store picks showed up yesterday and I couldn't resist. I have also been wanting to get a bottle of EHT smb for months now and was finally able to get one without having to pay a high price for it.

image.png.fc089cefb469990778f91e06def896a5.png

• I like it 1

Was in the local bottle shop and saw 5 Stagg Jr bottles on the shelf (this never happens). Asked how many I could buy. Clerk said no limit. Didn't want to be a Dick so only bought 4 (49.95 ea) and put the other one behind a full shelf of Benchmark No.8. Someone will get a nice suprise.

• I like it 1

My wife comes home with dinner and a bottle of Legent. She’s quite a girl!  . 

7B0B2741-0FE2-47FA-A09B-06F93FB8B560.jpeg

Edited by Limegoldconvertible68
Forgot the picture!
  • I like it 5

1 hour ago, Bret Bret said:

Was in the local bottle shop and saw 5 Stagg Jr bottles on the shelf (this never happens). Asked how many I could buy. Clerk said no limit. Didn't want to be a Dick so only bought 4 (49.95 ea) and put the other one behind a full shelf of Benchmark No.8. Someone will get a nice suprise.

Nice.  Wonder if we'll see any around here...

Picked these up in Destin this week. 

I think buy every 1792 FP Pick I ever see.;)

AAE4C443-A383-4A64-B842-64BEA4A2C39C.jpeg

• I like it 3

14 hours ago, markandrex said:

Added some Knob Creek to the bunker.

Have to say, I do like the new labeling...

• I like it 2

Two new ones from my favorite LS. Looking forward to opening them both very soon. 

C7B2C2E0-0B5B-4E06-89A8-2FC707F1A1E9.jpeg

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.