What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

3 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Not a big fan of finished bourbons but I had a pour of the Parker's Heritage Collection 12th Edition that was finished in Orange Curacao Barrels.  I enjoyed it but hadn't seen any bottles on the shelf.  While doing the Woodford Barrel Pick this morning I noticed some on the shelf behind the counter.  What can I say, I'm weak.

You saw Parker's at Woodford??????

7 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

His posts were a bit of a scavenger hunt. In the “Drinking today” thread he mentioned doing a Woody pick at Blackjack Liquors in KY. 

1 hour ago, Vosgar said:

Doing the barrel pick at Blackjack Liquors where they had the bottle of PHC.  Sorry if I wasn't clear on that.

5 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

I bet it does.  But like Booker Noe said when asked how you were supposed to drink bourbon . . . "Any damn way you please!"  

Rumor has it that a certain female member of the Noe family likes to use Bookers rye to make her cocktails.

• I like it 1

According to what I heard the entire Booker quote, when asked how you were supposed to drink your bourbon was, "Any damn way you please.  Mama liked her's with ginger ale every evening and Daddy never gave her any $h!t about it!"

Picked these two up today. I'd never seen the Peg Leg before and knew nothing about it (but I am a Cascade Hollow Fanboy). I highly recommend this! Sourced Dickel that doesn't get the LCP (according to founder Carey Bringle), but does get filtered after batching through Hickory Charcoal made at his famous BBQ Restaurant in Nashville. This is what I expected Longbranch to be, as the charcoal really imparts a light but noticeable smoked taste. I picked up the Bulleit gift pack because the dishwasher has claimed a couple of my Rocks glasses in the last few weeks. 

3DDCFACB-4996-4C36-BEDB-4EB9C4BD61B8_1_201_a.jpeg

Edited by BDanner
  • I like it 1

Picked up a bottle of Rare Breed. Figured I'd grab an extra while a local store still has it at $39.99.

• I like it 5

Able to grab a bottle of Stagg Jr batch 12 for $58 which I was thrilled about, rare around here. 

Recently also got a bottle of ETL. $70 which I didn't love but it's my very first bottle so I splurged. 

• I like it 4

18 hours ago, JakeySnakes said:

Picked up a bottle of Rare Breed. Figured I'd grab an extra while a local store still has it at $39.99.

Rare Breed is becoming my go-to favorite based on availability

• I like it 3

47 minutes ago, GoCubs85 said:

Rare Breed is becoming my go-to favorite based on availability

Mine as well...

• I like it 1

My first pick ups in a few months. I got the MM 101 in Denmark on a work trip last week. The others I got a VA ABC today using a 20% off coupon on each (except for the Beam Distiller's cut). VA ABC prices aren't very good, even for sales, but the 20% off helped. Booker's 2019-3 was $64, Bourye was $64, the MM RC6 was $48, and the Ragged Branch was $36.

IMG_9808.JPG

• I like it 1

My first C919.  Will try it to see if the bunker needs more ECBP company.
1017191452c.thumb.jpg.c77ebdfecdeee51d0f2da19416eb8b38.jpg

Nice to see it’s finally hitting the shelves. Will start keeping my eye out.

I grabbed a Single Barrel of Larceny.  First time ever seeing a single barrel offering of it.  I was told by an employee at the store that it is "sweet..."

5 hours ago, Bret Bret said:

My first C919.  Will try it to see if the bunker needs more ECBP company.

1017191452c.jpg

I see the proof went up on this batch substantially from the B519.

On 10/16/2019 at 12:08 AM, 0895 said:

Rumor has it that a certain female member of the Noe family likes to use Bookers rye to make her cocktails.

Jesus. I’m still rationing out a bottle as slowly as possible and can’t imagine “wasting” Booker’s Rye in a cocktail..... full disclosure though, I’ve been known to use Handy in a cocktail once in a while and they’re pretty damn awesome, but some would certainly call that blasphemous 

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, BottledInBond said:

Jesus. I’m still rationing out a bottle as slowly as possible and can’t imagine “wasting” Booker’s Rye in a cocktail..... full disclosure though, I’ve been known to use Handy in a cocktail once in a while and they’re pretty damn awesome, but some would certainly call that blasphemous 

Yeah, I don't think I could cocktail Booker's Rye.  Don't have one and likely never will so no issues there.  Handy . . . Wow, impressive.  I'd have to revisit that one neat first before taking that plunge.  Although you are not the first person who has said it makes a killer cocktail.  The PHC did not impress me neat which is why I have no qualms about using it.  

Guess I better make some ice spheres this weekend!

6 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Yeah, I don't think I could cocktail Booker's Rye.  Don't have one and likely never will so no issues there.  Handy . . . Wow, impressive.  I'd have to revisit that one neat first before taking that plunge.  Although you are not the first person who has said it makes a killer cocktail.  The PHC did not impress me neat which is why I have no qualms about using it.  

Guess I better make some ice spheres this weekend!

I'm thinking Handy would make a killer Sazerac.  I'm one of the few that really liked last year's PHC.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.