What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Doin' the Lord's work there, Steve. Like to see it.

The very best thing about the "Drink your worst" philosophy is that it cures you of the impulse to buy "just decent" whiskey when you see it for a killer price. When you drink your worst, you know those bottles are just coming between you and your good stuff.

Last break I had to kill a bottle of Pisco - now THAT was tough.

Edited by The Black Tot
  • I like it 5

2 minutes ago, The Black Tot said:

Doin' the Lord's work there, Steve. Like to see it.

The very best thing about the "Drink your worst" philosophy is that it cures you of the impulse to buy "just decent" whiskey when you see it for a killer price. When you drink your worst, you know those bottles are just coming between you and your good stuff.

Last break I had to kill a bottle of Pisco - now THAT was tough.

Exactly right! I can't remember the last time I bought something "just to try it". Doing so in the past is why I have these bottles I don't like cluttering the lineup.

My recent purchases have all been barrels I picked or staples I know I love.

• I like it 2

Continuing last nights theme, with more Maker’s tonight. 

Local PS @ just shy of 110p.

Really well balanced, with a slight chocolate thing going on. 

3FEFC14D-7614-4A92-989D-AC08D9B41AE8.jpeg

• I like it 5

Opened and am drinking the Astor 10yr PS EC I picked up recently. It's tasting pretty good! Getting a lot of Twizzlers and vanilla coming through.

While it has been a bad day for my football team and for my Fantasy Teams as well. It has been a great day of bourbon to make it better. Started the day with some Four Roses Smble 2015 which was delicious as always. That only lasted the first half of whatever the Colts played today and I was quickly on to a pour of an EC 8yr SB for Loch & Key selection. After that, it was time for another L&K selection. This time some Old Forester Single Barrel 90 proof. Then as a night cap, CEHT Single Barrel. While it has been a crappy results day for football activities, my liver is happy and not a bad way to spend a Sunday with the family watching football for 10 hours and drinking great bourbon. Cheers everyone!!

• I like it 1

Some Col Taylor SmB tonight. Cards clinched the division and Fox Sports is replaying all the Blues wins from the Stanley Cup Finals!!

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Clueby said:

Some Col Taylor SmB tonight. Cards clinched the division and Fox Sports is replaying all the Blues wins from the Stanley Cup Finals!!

Ouch!   ?

19 hours ago, The Black Tot said:

19 hours ago, flahute said:

Exactly right! I can't remember the last time I bought something "just to try it". Doing so in the past is why I have these bottles I don't like cluttering the lineup.

My recent purchases have all been barrels I picked or staples I know I love.

This is great advice and something I also have been doing, and posting on here for advice when unsure.  Really enjoy having less clutter, less regrettable bottle purchases, and now I look forward to certain uncommon bottles because I am not storing multiple backups.  Exception being tried and true favorites (ECBP, W12, RHF) and any time I find a particular barrel or pick that is outstanding.

• I like it 1

After a particularly crappy Monday, out to the porch with some '17 GTS and a Master Blends 3 to save what's left of the day. It's working....... :)

• I like it 4

2 hours ago, Vosgar said:

After a particularly crappy Monday, out to the porch with some '17 GTS and a Master Blends 3 to save what's left of the day. It's working....... :)

Well, if that don’t fix it...Nothing will!!!

For some perspective, I had a relatively good day today.  So just a single Maker’s.  But, I figure the shite is coming eventually...So my own MB 3 and GTS are ready...  :D

16 hours ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

Something new this day brings...

87D0CD64-B0F2-447E-8D10-D31F51EC50E4.jpeg

How does this compare to the standard small batch offering of KC?

17 hours ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

Something new this day brings...

87D0CD64-B0F2-447E-8D10-D31F51EC50E4.jpeg

Is this worth the $50 that Total Wine is asking for tuition?

34 minutes ago, marshall9779 said:

Go Nats.
Adjustments.JPG

Right there with you, Nats not off to a good start. IW Harper 15 in the glass for now.

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, Double C's said:

How does this compare to the standard small batch offering of KC?

It’s a little less sweet IMO.  Good balance. 

8 hours ago, jwperry said:

Is this worth the $50 that Total Wine is asking for tuition?

I’m enjoying it, but at the price I’d rather reach for KCSB or a KC store pick personally. 

• I like it 2

2oz. pour of Weller 12 for $10 at a bar last weekend.  I'd have killed the bottle if I wasn't driving back to the hotel on a dark twisty road.  :P

w12 bar pour.jpg

• I like it 5

Last Saturday enjoyed a store pick of Elijah Craig Small batch on the deck overlooking Tomales Bay and the Point Reyes Natl. Seashore while listing to my Golden Gophers beat Purdue to improve to 4 - 0.  I'm really liking these EC store picks.  This one was from Third Base Market. 

ecsb at pt reyes.jpg

• I like it 3

The Misses and I are down in Destin for a family get together. I decided to grab this 375ml of EC. It's hitting the spot this evening. 

20191002_220749.jpg

• I like it 1

Finished off the last couple of pours in an OWA PS bottle while watching my Rays eliminate the A's tonight.  How sweet it is.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.