What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 10/3/2019 at 1:29 PM, HoustonNit said:

the best of both Chicago and NY style pizza.

people mistakenly think the best chicago pizza is that thick crap. i dont anyone that eats that mess unless they have friends/family from out of town asking for it (tourist pizza?). the majority eat tavern style - very thin cracker crust, very crispy. true chicago style pizza

• I like it 3

Finished my meeting in Chicago. Had an Old Fashioned with Makers from The Grill in the Alley bar. 

• I like it 1

people mistakenly think the best chicago pizza is that thick crap. i dont anyone that eats that mess unless they have friends/family from out of town asking for it (tourist pizza?). the majority eat tavern style - very thin cracker crust, very crispy. true chicago style pizza

Yes have heard the same thing from others.

While bunker busting (i.e., looking for bunker clunkers to finish off), I found an almost full 750 of SB Blend with a sticker saying 7 DEC 2018.  YUM!!  It'll do while the 600 ML of OGD 114 + 2 OZ of distilled water I just mixed up sits for a few days (@ new proof 103.42 or so).

• I like it 1

25 minutes ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Im not sure what “thick crap” means and if that’s different from what what pizza style the majority of Chicago people eat, but I’ve been eating Lou Malnati’s for 30 years and it’s the best pizza I’ve ever had. But, I’m an out of towner...  :D  

• I like it 2

I’m still dealing with a freaking cold. I tried a short pour of BT when I got home from work. It was just okay. :mellow:After supper, I’m kicking back with a couple of pours of MM46 CS. Much better.  :)

Biba! Joe

Blanton's SFTB tonight. Extremely busy week, but weekend off to a good start now that the Braves have evened the series.

• I like it 2

WTKS while watching my Cards not show up against the Braves. John J. Bowman now while clearing out some room on the DVR.

On 10/3/2019 at 4:44 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

I’ve been dealing with a cold the last couple of days. I know that a pour of something good would most likely be a waste, so I’m trying to kill two birds with one stone. Literally. I have a number of low fill bottles, so a little venture was in order to hasten the emptying of a couple of bottles, and to find something at least a little enjoyable for my palate. I ended up (again) blending some Kirkland bourbon with a dusty Barclay’s.  ?  Hey, it works.  ?

Biba! Joe

This a little know variation on TBT’s thinning the herd of its weakest members. 

• I like it 1

33 minutes ago, dad-proof said:

Blanton's SFTB tonight. Extremely busy week, but weekend off to a good start now that the Braves have evened the series.

It was Blanton's tonight for me as well while watching the Braves win.  Maybe we are on to something?

• I like it 1

My old baseball superstition got the best of me tonight. Had a pour of this the other day when the Nats won the wildcard game. Hoping it helps tonight. At least they put one on the board first inning.
IMG_3433.JPG

• I like it 1

I wasn’t going to wait on this one. Got it today and broke it open. I love the packaging on these. I’m glad I listened to the community on this one. Nose was kind of weird but everything else was amazing. Thanks guys. Cheers!

Edit: I take it back about the nose. That was just bc it was the first pour and only a little time in the glass. After a little time in the glass the nose shines through.

3AB3C5BB-6038-4C09-B442-A4554C1E6EA1.jpeg

Edited by Adam777
  • I like it 3

53 minutes ago, marshall9779 said:

My old baseball superstition got the best of me tonight. Had a pour of this the other day when the Nats won the wildcard game. Hoping it helps tonight. At least they put one on the board first inning.
IMG_3433.JPG

Keep it up!  Strasburg is dominate tonight!  Go Nats!!

3 hours ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Pats pizza on south Clark... I hear they have another store on the west side? So thin amd crunchy.... you could almost kill a medium on your own

Keep it up!  Strasburg is dominate tonight!  Go Nats!!

It must have worked. Helluva game.
  • I like it 3

11 minutes ago, marshall9779 said:

It must have worked. Helluva game.

Stras was outstanding as was Max. And it was a real nail biter in the 9th.

• I like it 2

FC 6yr from the freezer while watching college  football. The freezer mutes some of the complexities of the whiskey  but it's  a nice pleasant pour in the middle of a hot (even in October) Texas day.

20191005_135855.jpg

• I like it 3

16 hours ago, Adam777 said:

I wasn’t going to wait on this one. Got it today and broke it open. I love the packaging on these. I’m glad I listened to the community on this one. Nose was kind of weird but everything else was amazing. Thanks guys. Cheers!

Edit: I take it back about the nose. That was just bc it was the first pour and only a little time in the glass. After a little time in the glass the nose shines through.

Good choice on the Decades.  Enjoy

19 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Im not sure what “thick crap” means and if that’s different from what what pizza style the majority of Chicago people eat, but I’ve been eating Lou Malnati’s for 30 years and it’s the best pizza I’ve ever had. But, I’m an out of towner...  :D  

I'm with you on this Joe.  I'll take Lou Malnati's any day (I'll also throw in Giordano's too myself).  "Tourist pizza" be damned, it's great pie  if you ask me.  But I understand why locals would turn to more traditional style pizza on an everyday basis. But give me the thick crap please!

Edited by Kepler
pizza pizza!

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

FC 6yr from the freezer while watching college  football. The freezer mutes some of the complexities of the whiskey  but it's  a nice pleasant pour in the middle of a hot (even in October) Texas day.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks this about putting whiskey in the fridge/freezer. After all the posts over the years from those who enjoy doing it, I thought I was an outlier in this matter. Not sure if I'd use the word complexities for my experiences because the few I've tried this with have been "bottom shelf" bourbons, but the flavors certainly seemed muted. I guess it's another one of those "whatever works for you" things. :D

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.