What Bottle Did You Open Today? 2020

Vosgar
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Christmas gift from a couple years ago has been opened for this Christmas.  Merry Christmas everyone.  

9619C3E7-32F9-4883-A168-228BF356F713.jpeg

• I like it 5

Rather than relegate it to the bunker to save for a later date, I decided to open a recently procured ps Weller Full Proof. ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 10

Decided to do a Beam family SbSbS before and after Xmas dinner today.  Check out the What Are You Drinking thread for my take on how they were before and after dinner.......

1699F438-6B3E-44D6-97F5-0F587693679F.jpeg

• I like it 3

56 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Rather than relegate it to the bunker to save for a later date, I decided to open a recently procured ps Weller Full Proof. ?

Biba! Joe

And how was it?  

• I like it 3

Opened this up for Christmas and to celebrate my 2 little girls under 2. They make everything in life better. Cheers!!!

8D026B1C-4FA5-487A-ACC3-51083CCD08D5.jpeg

• I like it 15

5 hours ago, Adam777 said:

Opened this up for Christmas and to celebrate my 2 little girls under 2. They make everything in life better. Cheers!!!

8D026B1C-4FA5-487A-ACC3-51083CCD08D5.jpeg

Nice whiskey glass you got there - Waterford Lismore Connoisseur tumbler, per chance?  ?

And wait 'til your little girls grow up, ask for cell phones and cars, and have kids on their own.  Your house will be filled with the sounds of laughter and joy for a long time.  For the first time in 41 years, our house was silent on Christmas Eve - damn Covid!  But we had 3 of the 5 grandkids (8, 6, & 3) show up twice on Christmas day for presents in the morning and our traditional Chinese Christmas dinner in the early evening.  What a hoot!   ?

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 13

17 hours ago, parksmart said:

Decided to do a Beam family SbSbS before and after Xmas dinner today.  Check out the What Are You Drinking thread for my take on how they were before and after dinner.......

I love Old Tub and part of that is its history.  Keep seeing it referred to as a "limited run" in some reviews / articles so I am buying every bottle I can find. Does anybody know if SB is going to continue producing Old Tub or was this truly a limited release?  

18 hours ago, parksmart said:

I phone portrait mode?

I find It a bit of a challenge to make it work sometimes, but when it works, it works well.

Love your "ghost bottles"

:)

6 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Nice whiskey glass you got there - Waterford Lismore Connoisseur tumbler, per chance?  ?

And wait 'til your little girls grow up, ask for cell phones and cars, and have kids on their own.  Your house will be filled with the sounds of laughter and joy for a long time.  For the first time in 41 years, our house was silent on Christmas Eve - damn Covid!  But we had 3 of the 5 grandkids (8, 6, & 3) show up twice on Christmas day for presents in the morning and our traditional Chinese Christmas dinner in the early evening.  What a hoot!   ?

I’m watching my kids grow up and dreading the day I don’t hear the pitter patter of little feet. God bless you SB’rs that have been there and are passed it. I suppose grandkids is God’s remedy. Sorry, just having a moment, to use a phrase my wife says. 

• I like it 2

Back on topic. I disparaged this craft brand when I heard they were trucking proofing water hundreds of miles but the look of the bottle hooked me. The juice inside will get me to buy another. It’s a tad hot for 100 proof but the flavor is there. 

099A2949-8CE1-4423-B1BF-FCE0EC626D92.jpeg

• I like it 1

25 minutes ago, CUfan99 said:

Back on topic. I disparaged this craft brand when I heard they were trucking proofing water hundreds of miles but the look of the bottle hooked me. The juice inside will get me to buy another. It’s a tad hot for 100 proof but the flavor is there. 

099A2949-8CE1-4423-B1BF-FCE0EC626D92.jpeg

TY for supporting our home town distillery. :) 

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, 0895 said:

I phone portrait mode?

I find It a bit of a challenge to make it work sometimes, but when it works, it works well.

Love your "ghost bottles"

:)

Yep, iPhone portrait mode was used to take the pic.  I agree it can be finicky at times, but do like the outcome when you get it right.  Cheers!

40 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Isnt it MGP for now?

Ah...I have no idea but I’ll look for a state of distillation. 

1481683371_ZAGoldTest.thumb.jpg.8d1c4157a16b8fd152be2423c7b9e2fb.jpg

The bottle shape is about right for this vanilla bomb. Erry barrel is different, but all 3 of these are from the same one, so glad this is working out.

• I like it 2

On 12/27/2020 at 10:49 AM, FasterHorses said:

Isnt it MGP for now?

Yes, They have had a private distilling contract with MGP since they were founded. Their bourbon mashbill may be one of the highest rye content bourbons in existence at 44% rye. They are distilling their own product, but won’t release any of that until it’s ready...probably at least 6 years old.  

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Beebe said:

The wife and I celebrating closing on our house!

00115038-AC5E-4F59-B18D-167476404162.jpeg

I love Booker's, just wish it was $50 a bottle like it use to be.  Recently bought 3 bottles of Russel Reserve SiB at $50 each, crazy value in a bottle.  I do have a couple of bottles of Booker's that I also tap into on special occasions.   Good stuff indeed.

sorry for the goofy double post, will try to edit the other one out.

Edited by Clay34
  • I like it 1

1 hour ago, Clay34 said:

I love Booker's, just wish it was $50 a bottle like it use to be.  Recently bought 3 bottles of Russel Reserve SiB at $50 each, crazy value in a bottle.  I do have a couple of bottles of Booker's that I also tap into on special occasions.   Good stuff indeed.

sorry for the goofy double post, will try to edit the other one out.

I took care of it for you.

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.