What Bottle Did You Open Today? 2020

Vosgar
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, Marekv8 said:

I was hoping this would be weirder… kind of misses the whole Jeppson’s vibe…

What exactly is your take on this? I got to taste a small sample a while back. I agree, it’s missing the Jeppson’s “thang”.  It’s nothing at all like Jeppson’s Malört. Of course, nothing is like Malört. ?  I was actually a bit surprised that it really wasn’t too bad. A bit youngish, but it shows some promise.

Biba! Joe

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

What exactly is your take on this? I got to taste a small sample a while back. I agree, it’s missing the Jeppson’s “thang”.  It’s nothing at all like Jeppson’s Malört. Of course, nothing is like Malört. ?  I was actually a bit surprised that it really wasn’t too bad. A bit youngish, but it shows some promise.

Biba! Joe

Buttery, confectionary nose with a “SweetTart®” delivery. Comes out of the chute with a robust promise that falls a bit short of the finish line-- due to the young age. Nice 100 proof which is well-hidden; would make a nice dessert dram. For the low price, it's far more interesting than the likes of Old Tub - money well spent. That being said, CH made a huge mistake pirating the Jeppson's Malört KBAs. It could have certainly been issued under the Jeppson's brand, but with its own proprietary look & feel incorporating some of the historical Jeppson's DNA.

• I like it 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Kepler said:

My birthday has come and gone but I am going to enjoy having this birthday present! ?

20201114_212958.jpg

A fine way to celebrate.  Happy belated Birthday!

22 minutes ago, Kepler said:

My birthday has come and gone but I am going to enjoy having this birthday present! ?

Happy belated birthday Kepler. Cheers to ya!

Biba! Joe

9 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

A fine way to celebrate.  Happy belated Birthday!

4 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Happy belated birthday Kepler. Cheers to ya!

Biba! Joe

Thanks Joes!   My birthday was a few months ago but I'm just opening my gift bottle now. Its one of those gifts that keep on giving, ha ?

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

20201114_212958.jpg

My man is killing it! You go!

2 hours ago, Kepler said:

. Its one of those gifts that keep on giving, ha ?

That it is Kepler, that it is.  ?

Happy Belated BDay.  Enjoy that pour. 

Cheers. 

• I like it 1

On 10/30/2020 at 11:35 PM, Kepler said:

Had the cork break on me, no problem.  

(For those interested, sorry this bottle is a Missy, not a Sarah) ;- ))

20201030_231817.jpg

That is why you always pour from a "Sarah" bottle. She uses unbreakable corks.  ;-))

Cheers

• I like it 1

On 11/2/2020 at 11:45 AM, Bob_Loblaw said:

This picture did not get enough discussion.  I am highly envious of your stash of SAOS!  Missed that run of MGP goodness entirely unfortunately.  

It is a staggering photo. Kepler knows his stuff. I doubt there are many clunkers on his bar or in his bunker. 

Cheers

• I like it 1

On 11/2/2020 at 11:55 AM, Bob_Loblaw said:

Fast forward several months and we get a notification that the CNA barrel was so low that it could not be be bottled 

Hmmm, sounds like someone in the Barrel program needed that Barrel  more than you.  Just kidding of course. Haha. 

Cheers

11 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

My 50th bday pour.

Happy Birthday Kid!  ^_^

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

11 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

You hide your W12 on the water heater?! ?

Ha! I knew thats where my mouth would be.

Nah just went out to sit with the dogs for a while and that seemed like a good spot.

• I like it 1

BIL was supposed to come by for some football but ended up canceling. Went ahead and popped the two I was planning on opening with him. 

I really am not a fan of the heavy wax bottles. 

26CBFAE7-2531-4B4C-93B8-3FD0D0381A18.jpeg

• I like it 3

On 11/15/2020 at 12:57 AM, Wedelstaedt said:

Hmmm, sounds like someone in the Barrel program needed that Barrel  more than you.  Just kidding of course. Haha. 

Cheers

Hahaha we did initially think that.  Our second thought was that WT just decided it was not worth the effort for only a few bottles when they can make us chose another barrel and sell 180-200 bottles.

Months later on a podcast I heard Jackie Zykan make a statement that it is possible for a barrel to  have such a low fill level where it could not be dumped/bottled.  This was in reference to a collection of low fill barrels she has been setting off to the side for some future use for that exact reason.  

9 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

BIL was supposed to come by for some football but ended up canceling. Went ahead and popped the two I was planning on opening with him. 

I really am not a fan of the heavy wax bottles. 

I also find the wax to be a pain in the ass, but the whiskey in those two is very good (especially that rye)

• I like it 1

With Turkey day behind us, time to look forward to Christmas season...

HW Midwinter freshly cracked. This is act 6 scene 1.

• I like it 1

On 11/29/2020 at 3:19 PM, Kepler said:

With Turkey day behind us, time to look forward to Christmas season...

HW Midwinter freshly cracked. This is act 6 scene 1.

Damn brother, you know how to stick to the script.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.