What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Spring 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

5 hours ago, WhiskeyBlender said:

After a long day of evaluating Bourbon cask samples for batching potential, finally shifting gears and revisiting a Four Roses 2014 Limited Edition 11 y.o. OESF barrel strength single barrel late this Friday afternoon. Has notes of muddled mint leaves and cherry pie. A good way to start the weekend! 

Cheers,

Nancy 

IMG_3913.jpg

What a beautiful picture.

• I like it 2

Just finished watching a short documentary about Jim Morrison and the Doors with the wife.  Mrs. Kep is off to bed now and I retired to the man cave to listen to music and sip whiskey.  WB Saffell is hitting the spot. Of course I also put on the Doors' first album.  What a brilliant debut.

Edited by Kepler
  • I like it 4

This week was a roller coaster. Some big wins and some tough losses. I’m a small part of the PPE supply chain. I pulled this out to try and enjoy my Friday night. This is pretty good. I’ve only had this and 2016. Too early to say which one I prefer. I know 4 roses tend to change throughout the bottle. Or maybe it’s me that changes. 

3632CC56-DA78-4A7B-9A78-9AD6181DADBB.jpeg

• I like it 5

53 minutes ago, MM818 said:

This week was a roller coaster. Some big wins and some tough losses. I’m a small part of the PPE supply chain. I pulled this out to try and enjoy my Friday night. This is pretty good. I’ve only had this and 2016. Too early to say which one I prefer. I know 4 roses tend to change throughout the bottle. Or maybe it’s me that changes. 

3632CC56-DA78-4A7B-9A78-9AD6181DADBB.jpeg

Nice

RR SiB PS. This one is a full 10 year old barrel from rickhouse F.  Most of my RRSiB have been 9 yrs. This one is excellent. But then again they all are. I've never had one that was not excellent whiskey.

Edited by Kepler
  • I like it 3

Kind of makes me laugh (or cry).  Of all my open bottles right now, the one with the most alcohol is undrinkable!

Guess it's a sign of the times.

0411200648.jpg

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Bret Bret said:

Kind of makes me laugh (or cry).  Of all my open bottles right now, the one with the most alcohol is undrinkable!

Guess it's a sign of the times.

0411200648.jpg

Did you pay secondary for that germ x or luck up and find it retail?

• I like it 3

6 minutes ago, CUfan99 said:

Did you pay secondary for that germ x or luck up and find it retail?

Luckily had it before all the excitement.  Stay safe.

• I like it 1

Gorgeous day here, in Mayretta.  Buffalo Trace, Sprite and ice in the Yeti.  Elmer T Lee like his whiskey this way,Ima like my whiskey this way..,?.

I threw in a squeeze and wedge of blood orange.  If he don’t like it, I don’t care!!!  ?.  Now I done it...I will never find an ETL on a shelf for the rest of my life...  ?

0FDDCEBA-F3F5-43AC-A989-F0CCA47193F0.jpeg

• I like it 6

I'm really enjoying a bottle I didn't find.  All this talk of limited Roses sent me diving into boxes looking for Mariage.  I found 2 RHF and another GTS I didn't know I had.  Christmas April.  I paused to lovingly gaze at a box of pre-fire EC18, and then gave up.   Back to this 2008 Weller 107 I'm going to send to netherworld tonight.

Edited by B.B. Babington
  • I like it 2

After having some FRYL this afternoon, going with an after dinner pour of DSP-31 JW Dant BiB. Great old timey butterscotch on the nose with a ton of green apple in the taste. Good stuff

• I like it 1

Saturday night of quarantine day 273:

Drinking some delicious  Eagle Rare and introducing my 15 year old son to a movie classic...Uncle Buck.  

6 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Gorgeous day here, in Mayretta.  Buffalo Trace, Sprite and ice in the Yeti.  Elmer T Lee like his whiskey this way,Ima like my whiskey this way..,?.

I threw in a squeeze and wedge of blood orange.  If he don’t like it, I don’t care!!!  ?.  Now I done it...I will never find an ETL on a shelf for the rest of my life...  ?

0FDDCEBA-F3F5-43AC-A989-F0CCA47193F0.jpeg

This is what being comfortable in your own skin looks like! Pay attention folks.

1 hour ago, BlueMonk said:

Saturday night of quarantine day 273:

Drinking some delicious  Eagle Rare and introducing my 15 year old son to a movie classic...Uncle Buck.  

I've moved on to Eagle Rare so raise a toast to ya.  And raising another toast to you getting your kid to watch a movie with ya.  I'm jealous.  My girlie won't, she reads books and paints.  Jeez, what am I raising?  

2 hours ago, Vosgar said:

After having some FRYL this afternoon, going with an after dinner pour of DSP-31 JW Dant BiB. Great old timey butterscotch on the nose with a ton of green apple in the taste. Good stuff

I found one of those pre fire Dants while helping my dad downsize.  I had given it as a Christmas present years ago.  There was one pour gone from the bottle.  I took it home and tried to make it last.  That was some of the stuff that originally sent me on the bourbon journey.

• I like it 1

7 minutes ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

0D088A44-45C9-4B4D-A645-7DEAD9E913B6.jpeg

How is that? I've been tempted to try that one but I've never actually pulled the trigger on a bottle.

The Blanton's Gold was really excellent but I have to ration that bottle a bit because of the high price when I imported this bottle.

Thankfully, Russell's Reserve and Four Roses single barrel private picks are not overpriced, so I have switched to them to finish out the night.

WT Rickhouse F and 4R OESV respectively. 

Lawrenceburg Goodness.

• I like it 5

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.