What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Spring 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 hours ago, TwoFingers said:

The governor declared a stay at home order in MD.  Going with Dant BIB, in the hope that going with something "normal" will bring some normalcy to the world.  Wishful thinking but it's all I have right now.

For how long? I heard something about a $5K fine if you are caught outside. Is this true?

Just now, MTNBourbon said:

Is this one currently available?

It showed up in my area about 3 weeks ago. don't know what took it so long to get down here. It could have been distributors, because we had A2019 batch by the hundreds. And Liquor stores were getting them till September of 2019. Didn't see very many B2019 batches. I haven't seen any more of the A2019 lately.  

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

It showed up in my area about 3 weeks ago. don't know what took it so long to get down here. It could have been distributors, because we had A2019 batch by the hundreds. And Liquor stores were getting them till September of 2019. Didn't see very many B2019 batches. I haven't seen any more of the A2019 lately.  

Have not bought any bourbon in a long time, nice to know what might be around. Thanks.

• I like it 1

4D2A33FF-2E06-4618-B490-C4F379FB1689.thumb.jpeg.36af7db2d0dc602892613e78390e1acb.jpeg

not a bourbon but this is some great stuff, it drinks nowhere near 131 proof and tastes like banana nut pancakes

• I like it 5

9 hours ago, Moose3218 said:

not a bourbon but this is some great stuff, it drinks nowhere near 131 proof and tastes like banana nut pancakes

Who said it's not bourbon? That be some real tasty bourbon (or TN whiskey whatever you like). 

• I like it 1

23 hours ago, fosmith said:

Glad to see it back but did the price go up?  Hopefully not...

No, still $26 where I am

Bought yesterday and cracked last night. Have only had the SiB. Have always meant to pick up. Very good for the price and dangerously drinkable.

820F9289-C886-49B4-B80D-B90B222D67B3.jpeg

• I like it 7

I agree with you on the EW BIB.  Watching Star Wars, The Last Jedi last night I had a pour of Baker's.

• I like it 2

Had a pt appointment this afternoon. New passive and stretching exercises for my shoulder this time around. ?  Came home, updated my appointment schedule, and poured the last (healthy) pour from a new style bottle of  Bakers. “Yeah. That’s the ticket.”  Much better.  ;)

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

20 hours ago, MTNBourbon said:

For how long? I heard something about a $5K fine if you are caught outside. Is this true?

There was no date limit on the governor's order, it goes until the public health emergency is lifted.  There can be a fine up to $5000 and imprisonment up to one year.  There are exceptions for grocery shopping, those going to essential jobs, and certain outdoor recreation.  Sitting on the patio with my wife and some bourbon won't get me a fine but that depends on how rowdy I get. :)

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, TwoFingers said:

There was no date limit on the governor's order, it goes until the public health emergency is lifted.  There can be a fine up to $5000 and imprisonment up to one year.  There are exceptions for grocery shopping, those going to essential jobs, and certain outdoor recreation.  Sitting on the patio with my wife and some bourbon won't get me a fine but that depends on how rowdy I get. :)

Kinda almost sounds like what we have here on the Western Slope, goes on right now till 11 Apr, no fines that I know of.

Made some more home made ice cream tonight. Out of whipping cream so tried some cool whip from the freezer. It didn't really harden up so I added some chocolate liqueur and some bourbon cream for some boozy milkshakes.  Following up with some ER10.

• I like it 3

Still in the office and will just spend the night here.... who said you have to have a fancy glass to enjoy a great pour?

NOT_THAT_FANCY!

0BE76107-1F21-4B02-B55A-9491AAC06E3C.jpeg

• I like it 3

7 hours ago, Not_That_Fancy said:

Still in the office and will just spend the night here.... who said you have to have a fancy glass to enjoy a great pour?

NOT_THAT_FANCY!

Loox pretty fancy to me!   Look at that scalloped top-edge!   Look at all that concentric fluting!   Plus the small imperfections showing that it's obviously hand-blown quality!   Very NICE!!!!!

• I like it 5

10 hours ago, Galvin0791 said:

Hey @fishnbowljoe, look what I'm trying tonight!

20200331_211406.jpg

Go ahead and rub it in Mike. I can take it. I have big shoulders. Do you still have the “other”  bottle?  If so, I think a sbs picture is needed. :)

Biba! Uncle Doucé 

• I like it 1

Had New Riff's basic 100proof bourbon the other day and it does taste very young... Did not enjoy the first couple pours... I do have a Single Barrel from them that I will be looking at cracking sometime soon but was let down since I had heard some pretty good things 

2 minutes ago, jnewberg said:

Had New Riff's basic 100proof bourbon the other day and it does taste very young... Did not enjoy the first couple pours... I do have a Single Barrel from them that I will be looking at cracking sometime soon but was let down since I had heard some pretty good things 

IMO the new Riff SiB is fine, but it's priced about $15 too high. I like the BIB rye a lot, so I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the SiB BP rye. 

• I like it 1

16 hours ago, Not_That_Fancy said:

NOT_THAT_FANCY!

D0498DB4-EF48-4AED-9C98-9C21AE70FA9C.jpeg

• I like it 2

Enjoying a solid pour of 1792 BiB.  A little ethanol forward nose but very smooth on the palate.  Absolutely no banana that I normally get from Barton.  Stay healthy all.

013C9E96-962F-4751-96F1-E25C1F52A7D4.jpeg

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, markandrex said:

Enjoying a solid pour of 1792 BiB.  A little ethanol forward nose but very smooth on the palate.  Absolutely no banana that I normally get from Barton.  Stay healthy all.

I really like their BIB.   ?   Some of the 'richest' Bourbon they make.          Wonderful stuph to my taste buddies!   ?

• I like it 1

Blinded the Weller family. We did Blue, White, Black, Red, and Green. I was very confident going in. Shattered after the reveal. Went a pitiful one for 5.

First impression was decent but after the adjustments I sux'd. The one I settled on correctly was Blk. Surprise was white, because after it's been panned on the board I liked it as #2 best (thinking it was a SP red)...wrong again. :) 

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.