What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Spring 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

17 minutes ago, Clueby said:

My mule showed up today.imageproxy.php?img=&key=17d97b5a7f51d042

20200529_161831.jpg

Ssssshhhhhhh quit telling people about what a great value this stuff is!

22 hours ago, BoilerinIL said:

It's interesting to me that you say it has been missing around you for a while. I was in my Binny's 2 weeks ago and there was a sign on the standard KCSiB that read something like "limited, get it while you can". The head of spirits had no idea about why they had the sign on it. Anyone else seeing limited KCSiB?

All I know is that I was seeing empty shelf space for months.  Maybe small amounts came in, but I missed it.  KCSB and the new 9, and 12 year 100 proof all showed up around the same time. I never noticed a shortage of the no age statement KC, but wasn't buying any either.

What's on offer in Chicago-land can be very different than Southern Indiana.  No Binny's stores here.

A NAS pair, but fresh in boxes and priced on par with RR10-- again overturned my anti-WT101 tendencies.

IMG_4585.thumb.jpg.00d0c8d7e403870b58f743b27f4f0053.jpg

• I like it 10

4 hours ago, ThomasGazelle said:

Ssssshhhhhhh quit telling people about what a great value this stuff is!

Umm..yeah...he brought me that bottle of Bacardi. ??

Edited by Clueby

13 hours ago, Kyjd75 said:

14 year 6 month old Knob Creek single barrel selected by Packages and More.

Photos:

fullsizeoutput_2a8e.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2a8f.jpeg

• I like it 3

13 hours ago, Kyjd75 said:

Photos:

This arrived in KC yesterday, priced at $100.  Normally I'd pass, given similar aged product (14 yr pick I helped choose) for less than half the price ($44), but the new KC product lines were discussed at a distillery pick before they even hit TTB.  Feel like I need to at least try what was generously and openly discussed.

20200529_121017.jpg

• I like it 4

18 hours ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

is this a store pic & available?

Yes and I think so, but not sure. Will confirm when back this week and shoot you a PM.

A friend of mine picked this up for me at a local Costco for $59.99+tax.  Pretty good deal!  I haven't seen it under $70 for quite a while and I've never had this recipe.  Thanks Gene! 

4R costco.jpeg

• I like it 11

2 hours ago, fosmith said:

A friend of mine picked this up for me at a local Costco for $59.99+tax.  Pretty good deal!  I haven't seen it under $70 for quite a while and I've never had this recipe.  Thanks Gene! 

4R costco.jpeg

That is a mighty good friend.  I need an OBSK to round out my team.  My only OBSO came from Crown Liquors in Indy, but I haven't opened it yet.  I only open when I two of one recipe in the bunker.  I will be interested to hear your thoughts on the OBSO.  From the few recipes I have been able to taste, I think I like the "OE" better then the "OB".   Hoping to do some SBS once I have the team in place.

6 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Yes and I think so, but not sure. Will confirm when back this week and shoot you a PM.

thanks!

3 hours ago, fosmith said:

4R costco.jpeg

SB code......hook up your friends whenever possible!

Now if this dang COVID-19 starts to subside, then I can get your damn 6-pack to you, Fred!

D9941E85-93ED-4212-B0C7-E8B6860AE220.jpeg

• I like it 2

31 minutes ago, parksmart said:

SB code......hook up your friends whenever possible!

Now if this dang COVID-19 starts to subside, then I can get your damn 6-pack to you, Fred!

Can't wait!  And, I've got a Stagg Jr. batch 12 to get in your hands...  ?

• I like it 1

Picked up two bottles of Knob Creek single barrel picked by G-Will Liquors in the Twin Cities.  It’s DARK amber.  I’ll be doing a side-by-side with the 25th anniversary and a nine year single barrel tonight.  It's much darker than the 25th anniversary, and obviously the 9 year---with that said the 9 year is fantastic.

image.jpg

Edited by Jazz Nut
  • I like it 2

That KCSB has the older label.  The recent ones I've seen have the black label.

On 5/29/2020 at 5:52 PM, Kyjd75 said:

Have you opened it yet, and if so how was it?

11 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Have you opened it yet, and if so how was it?

I have, and it is excellent.  Better, imho, than the 16 year selection I bought a few months ago.  The 16 is just a touch of too much oak even for my oak loving taste buds.  This 14-6 selection seems to be much better.  I always add a little water when drinking 120 proof, and in this instance the result is a great tasting KCSiB.  I think they may have a few bottles left at P&M, although Eric said the barrel was light to begin with, and the bottles are spread over three stores (Cave City and Campbellsville as well as E'town)

Edited by Kyjd75

42B53704-221A-4357-A6FC-6554F129B7AB.thumb.jpeg.872a0ef4516c7542cccd483a20c8818e.jpeg

Not exactly the biggest fan of Blanton’s SB but saw it newly delivered at the store for MSRP so grabbed one just because.

Also picked up a Kavalan Vinho Barrique Cask Strength and Talisker Distiller’s Edition (2015)

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, Rockefeller said:

Not exactly the biggest fan of Blanton’s SB but saw it newly delivered at the store for MSRP so grabbed one just because.

But.... But... It comes with it's own warm little 'Snuggie!   ...At No Extra Charge!   How do you not love that?

• I like it 1

Visiting my parents in VA and was able to find a KC12. Haven’t seen where I live in MD.

A658C1EE-DFD6-49A9-AA2F-79606E7736D5.jpeg

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.