What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Fall 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I would like to post that I am buying a New Riff Balboa rye (its out tomorrow distillery pick up ONLY)  while I may in fact pull the trigger, I have no chance of getting to Northern KY/Southern OH during the 60 day window ( if you don't get it within 60 they refund you and it goes on the shelf). I have reached out to various sources to see about assistance with it magically migrating from there to here with zero luck. Now its not earth shaking, not Pappy or BTAC, just something I tried and liked and would simply enjoy one to sip at my leisure at home. If anyone has any thoughts on how I could arrange that please shoot me a PM otherwise I'll just see if they make more in the coming years and maybe GA will get included  as one of the distribution states.

• I like it 1

Picked up some good deals the past week. Got 2 different Larceny SB picks for $22 each. Elsewhere I grabbed one of those OF box sets - an OF 1920 + OF100 - for $45. The 1920 alone for 45 is great around here, but they also throw in the OF100!

• I like it 5

On 10/28/2020 at 8:45 AM, CardsandBourbon said:

Some don't care for it but I'll take an unfiltered BIB for around $20 any day of the week.

Having opened and drank some, I agree. While a little overhyped (by some), and not as good as DC to me, for around $20...yes please. Most stores around me are charging $30, which is a pass.

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, markandrex said:

THH for $189.99 (after seeing it two stops before at $699.99).  Same place was closing out their Baker’s 7 yr. SmB for $34.99.  I grabbed 4 of the 6 they had.

Awesome price on the Baker's which I believe is a very underrated bourbon.

19 hours ago, sbsbsb said:

Would love to know where I can get this glass...

I have some of those glasses that I got at Bevmo and I like them a lot.  That was 5+ years ago so they may no longer carry them but worth checking out if there's a store in your area.  If not, maybe check out their web site...

19 hours ago, sbsbsb said:

Would love to know where I can get this glass...

It's the Libbey 15626 Duratuff 8.5oz Rocks Glass.

I got it as a sample from a restaurant supply company a few years ago, so I'm not sure how easy they are to find in small quantities. From everything I could see after a quick search, it seems like they are only sold by the case... which is 36 glasses.

A chain store finally started their big multiple bottle discount sale.  They do this, maybe a couple times a year.  Oh I've been planning, doing reconnaissance.  I picked up: KC 9 year, WT 101, Old Forrester 100, EW BIB, and 4R (used to be yellow label).  Now, I've got five great bourbons, each from  a different legacy distiller.  I'm ready for - holidays, winter, covid upsurge, whatever. ??

• I like it 1

On 10/28/2020 at 5:57 AM, parksmart said:

Likely the cheapest we’ll see this in CA.  Grabbed some for myself and @fosmith.....

F136CBF2-D498-425C-9BCC-1785D2C6A8AC.jpeg

saw this at the MV costco and grabbed a bottle. they had about 10 cases of it. they also had saz rye for $23 a bottle, but I passed as I prefer the old forester rye over it

Wife agreed to stop buy a store after grocery shopping.  She loaded up on Coppola Claret, and I loaded up on OGD BIB and one KC12 (yes, only one - I did not want to risk "IRE!!!:angry:").

• I like it 1

Busy week of stocking up.  Purchased OF100, ECBP B520, and Pikesville Rye earlier in the week.  @PaulO gave me a heads up on the sale he mentioned above so I also stocked up on KC, FRSiB, New Riff, WT101, and OF1920..  Multiples of some and singles of others.  

I ended up with some great prices but the best was Knob Creek 9 year gift sets with glasses for $15.38.  I bought several.   The gift sets were new today as I didn't see them when I scouted the store yesterday.   The $18.69 price is 15% off.  They had a 30% off sale today.  The regular price for a single bottle of KC is $26.99.  

Resized_20201030_125652.thumb.jpeg.4e737e5fa80c9285ca7b85a77db07440.jpeg

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 10

If I coulda clicked on the thumb's up FOUR times for mbroo5880i's score on the discounted KC sets, I woulda.  Indeed, I'd have backed up my car and FILLED the trunk.????B)

• I like it 3

26 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

If I coulda clicked on the thumb's up FOUR times for mbroo5880i's score on the discounted KC sets, I woulda.  Indeed, I'd have backed up my car and FILLED the trunk.????B)

I know right.  I didn't back up the car but I did add several to the cart.  It helps that KC is one of my favorite everyday bourbons.  But, I also needed room for Four Roses, Wild Turkey and a loaf of bread.  I was also being conscious of my fellow bourbon lovers.  I went early so I would have a better selection.  I have went later in the day in the past when things have been picked over and it is disappointing.  So, hopefully, someone following me was as pleasantly surprised.  

I will check again following the sale and, even if the price is only 15% off, I will add more to the bunker.  

4 minutes ago, PaulO said:

Holy cow Mike,

We haven't gotten the gift sets yet down here.

Even at $21.99, I would have been a buyer.  But, 30% off is icing on the cake.  Thanks again for the heads up!

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, silverc said:

Some pickups this week at VA ABC (ECBP C920) and at Smooth Ambler's distillery in WV.

IMG_1528.JPG

Nice score!  It seems like Indy is always several months behind other areas.  I am just now seeing B520.  Maybe its been around for awhile and I just don't get out much.  

I was undecided as whether to go to the local Binny's grand opening today or not. Friday's usually suck at work. ? Today was a decent day, so I texted Mike/Galvin0791 when I got out of work to let him know I was gonna head to Binny's. He was already there. ? Zoom, zoom, I dashed right on over. What a great way to end a day/week. Met up with Mike, got to see Joe Maloney (Lost Pollito) and Pat Brophy from Binny's, met a newer member (Clay34),  and grabbed three nice bottles. To top it off, on the way out, there was my son with my grandkids. ?  "Don't git no bettern' that Vern." 

Pic #1 Binny's picks of EC and Larceny, and a regular old MM.

Pic #2-Yes, the MM was dipped by my gal. ^_^

Pic #3-Three different sized Weller SR's, not from Binny's, procured for, and delivered to me by Galvin0791. 

Biba! Joe

DSC_0012.jpeg

DSC_0014.jpeg

DSC_0003.jpeg

• I like it 4

21 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I was undecided as whether to go to the local Binny's grand opening today or not. Friday's usually suck at work. ? Today was a decent day, so I texted Mike/Galvin0791 when I got out of work to let him know I was gonna head to Binny's. He was already there. ? Zoom, zoom, I dashed right on over. What a great way to end a day/week. Met up with Mike, got to see Joe Maloney (Lost Pollito) and Pat Brophy from Binny's, met a newer member (Clay34),  and grabbed three nice bottles. To top it off, on the way out, there was my son with my grandkids. ?  "Don't git no bettern' that Vern." 

Pic #3-Three different sized Weller SR's, not from Binny's, procured for, and delivered to me by Galvin0791. 

Biba! Joe

DSC_0012.jpeg

DSC_0014.jpeg

DSC_0003.jpeg

Now comes the hard part... trying to decide what to drink!!

?

15 minutes ago, Galvin0791 said:

Now comes the hard part... trying to decide what to drink!!

?

Well....I’m having a pour of VBT#744. :P  Which, BTW, is not pictured. ?

Biba! Uncle Doucé

Thanks again for the Weller SR’s Mike. Much, much appreciated.

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Busy week of stocking up.  Purchased OF100, ECBP B520, and Pikesville Rye earlier in the week.  @PaulO gave me a heads up on the sale he mentioned above so I also stocked up on KC, FRSiB, New Riff, WT101, and OF1920..  Multiples of some and singles of others.  

I ended up with some great prices but the best was Knob Creek 9 year gift sets with glasses for $15.38.  I bought several.   The gift sets were new today as I didn't see them when I scouted the store yesterday.   The $18.69 price is 15% off.  They had a 30% off sale today.  The regular price for a single bottle of KC is $26.99.  

Resized_20201030_125652.thumb.jpeg.4e737e5fa80c9285ca7b85a77db07440.jpeg

Jeebus that's amazing.

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

DSC_0012.jpeg

DSC_0014.jpeg

DSC_0003.jpeg

Now that was a good day!  

I wish we would get a Binny's in Indy.  I understand we may be getting a Total Wine but I would prefer a Binny's.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.