What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Fall 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Weller SiB courtesy ABC Vault $50. 

McKenna: Paid 4,800 yen or ~ $45 in Japan (passed on Blanton's Black  and Blantons SFTB while I was there last week)

weller sib.JPG

Weller SIB Back.JPG

• I like it 6

55 minutes ago, Swervin&Bourbon said:

Nothing crazy for my first post but my local had KC 9yr for $25.99. Picked up a couple.

20201027_145529.jpg

Welcome to SB! I need to buy some KC9 and compare it to the KC nas. 

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, Swervin&Bourbon said:

Nothing crazy for my first post but my local had KC 9yr for $25.99. Picked up a couple.

20201027_145529.jpg

Good looking first post if you ask me. Enjoy.

7 hours ago, Whitewhale said:

Weller SiB courtesy ABC Vault $50. 

McKenna: Paid 4,800 yen or ~ $45 in Japan (passed on Blanton's Black  and Blantons SFTB while I was there last week)

weller sib.JPG

Weller SIB Back.JPG

Looking forward to impressions on the Weller

10 hours ago, Whitewhale said:

in Japan (passed on Blanton's Black  and Blantons SFTB while I was there last week)

How’s it going.  Do you recall what those were priced at?

4 hours ago, parksmart said:

How’s it going.  Do you recall what those were priced at?

The black was around 6000 yen or roughly $57 and SFTB was 11,000 yen or $105.  They also had Old Ezra 7 at 2500 yen/$24.  Didn’t have much room in my luggage after picking up scotch for my wife (Macallan 10 Fine Oak $50 and Fine Oak 12 $75 - these 2 are no longer sold in the states).  

31 minutes ago, JakeySnakes said:

Curiosity got the best of me, so grabbed a bottle of Old Tub.

IMG_0801.jpg

Some don't care for it but I'll take an unfiltered BIB for around $20 any day of the week.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Whitewhale said:

The black was around 6000 yen or roughly $57 and SFTB was 11,000 yen or $105.  They also had Old Ezra 7 at 2500 yen/$24.  Didn’t have much room in my luggage after picking up scotch for my wife (Macallan 10 Fine Oak $50 and Fine Oak 12 $75 - these 2 are no longer sold in the states).  

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Whitewhale said:

Blanton's Black?  I'm aware of the SB, SmB, Gold, and SFTB but black is a new one to me.

19 minutes ago, PhantomLamb said:

Blanton's Black?  I'm aware of the SB, SmB, Gold, and SFTB but black is a new one to me.

Japanese release.   It's 80 proof, and not my fav from the family.   I had it at a friends house (who way overpaid) online.

It gets its name from the black label and box.  

"red" is very similar too, for all the same reasons.

1 minute ago, geclbxf said:

Japanese release.   It's 80 proof, and not my fav from the family.   I had it at a friends house (who way overpaid) online.

Cool, thanks!

24 minutes ago, geclbxf said:

There's also an 80 proof green Blanton's. 

21 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

There's also an 80 proof green Blanton's. 

Had it in Germany, i was not a huge fan...

• I like it 1

Green label is the Blanton’s Special Reserve, which is an 80 proof single barrel bottling.  

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, JvW said:

Had it in Germany, i was not a huge fan...

I like to use a splash of mine with the SFTB Blantons. Brings it down just enough to make it where I like. 

• I like it 1

5 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Good for another couple months. 

I was texting with Galvin0791 earlier this evening. I told him that BT was back on the shelf at Sam’s, and that I bought a couple. I also told him I wished that I could  find some ER at a reasonable price. Then you post this. <_<  

Biba! Joe

24 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Good for another couple months. 

Months?  I doubt it, you're just being kind to us.

My state abc is on a 1 per visit policy so even if we're lucky enough to find it on shelf we only walk out with one ... and one in overcoat ... and one down pants.  Is that how you did it?

Here’s the BT I mentioned in my post above. Liters were back on the shelf at Sam’s for $27.99. As I told Galvin0791, I gotta stock up on my favorites while I can. :mellow: Retirement is on the horizon. ?

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.53657ab67fb1c1f945706bab22aaf922.jpeg

• I like it 3

THH for $189.99 (after seeing it two stops before at $699.99).  Same place was closing out their Baker’s 7 yr. SmB for $34.99.  I grabbed 4 of the 6 they had.

• I like it 3

21 hours ago, k-train said:

Grabbed another bottle of this delicious RRSiB PS & an EWBIB
1021244007_RussellsReserveSiBPrivateSelection-9b.thumb.jpg.733770078a9207266bd3f2e2d40a36a3.jpg

Would love to know where I can get this glass...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.