What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Fall 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

12 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Looks like a 1L to me. Feel like the 1.75s get pretty wide at the bottom. 

It should normally say on the bottle I believe?

Not so much what I purchased but what I passed on today. My local Kroger had a bottle of old Forrester 150th anniversary for $160. Since I just spent almost 250 on bourbon last weekend I did not make this purchase. I may deeply regret it later however.

• I like it 1

24 minutes ago, Splitgrin said:

Not so much what I purchased but what I passed on today. My local Kroger had a bottle of old Forrester 150th anniversary for $160. Since I just spent almost 250 on bourbon last weekend I did not make this purchase. I may deeply regret it later however.

I’d go back.  

• I like it 1

Made a few stops while grocery shopping, it was very productive.

1 - CEHT Straight Rye

2 x Weller 12

2 - Eagle Rare

3 - Makers Mark EC4xPR5

Also some lines on a few LE in a week or two.  Time will tell.

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, markandrex said:

Made a few stops while grocery shopping, it was very productive.

1 - CEHT Straight Rye

2 x Weller 12

2 - Eagle Rare

3 - Makers Mark EC4xPR5

Also some lines on a few LE in a week or two.  Time will tell.

Also, 2. - Bakers SmB wax tops

• I like it 1

I haven't bought anything in a while. Yes, I was gifted a couple of things, but purchases, no. I've been irritable lately, and started developing a twitch. ? After work yesterday, I stopped in to say hi to my physical therapist, and let him know how I'm doing. Of course my ortho place just happens to be near a decent liquor store. Yes, I stopped. Yes, I purchased some things. No, I'm not irritable. No, I have no more twitch. ? Don't ask me again. ?  And that's the truth. ?  

Biba! Joe

DSC_0009.thumb.jpeg.7c85d089e60221b4c8281522f1f8813c.jpeg

• I like it 5

Just picked up another CEHT BP 130.3. Got lucky after work by stopping in a store that is a little out of the way normally, but was where I am running g errands.  Helps make up for that game last night. 

• I like it 4

39 minutes ago, Radioyada said:

Just picked up another CEHT BP 130.3. Got lucky after work by stopping in a store that is a little out of the way normally, but was where I am running g errands.  Helps make up for that game last night. 

Its so nice when you stumble across an EHTBP!

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

Its so nice when you stumble across an EHTBP!

I've still yet to EVER see one in an actual store, on a shelf, for any price.

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

Literally stumbled into all of mine. One mismarked and underpriced in a glass case. 

2 hours ago, Clueby said:

I still stand by your not missing anything, besides a check the box situation.

IMO, Stagg JR is much much better.

8 hours ago, 0895 said:

I do agree based on the only time I've ever tried it was a sample provided by you.

The new barrel of RR 4th fl. warehouse B showed up. We cracked one at the store and I took a 3yr old-same as-from the 5th to SBS. I bought a number of those bottles then. This was an Eddie pick (I guess this yr many are). The new barrel was very smooth and easy, but since it was Turkey the flavor was still there. After a nice sampling I added water to see how the new one would hold up. And, I added more. Surprisingly it actually held up better than the pick from a few years back. I didn't expect that because the new barrel was much smoother and brighter neat. Well...ya just never know till ya taste. :)  

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, 0895 said:

Thats interesting to me. The (2018)is one of my favorites ever. I will admit it didnt hit me right at first but after a couple drops of water it is amazing. 

First time seeing an OF BB being purchased at state min ($129.99), not via raffle today... Was probably 3 mins late in getting it myself... I'm quite upset I made an unnecessary pitstop before heading in... Better luck next time.

20 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

McKenna 10 for $38

It's currently $40 here in NC when you can actually find it. I think it was around $30 the last time I had it (2017).

However, the Nov-Feb ABC price list was just released & now they're raising it up to $45.

14 hours ago, 0895 said:

5 hours ago, Clueby said:

I do agree based on the only time I've ever tried it was a sample provided by you.

Send me some of whatever you two are smoking and I may not even need to hunt bourbon anymore! 

• I like it 3

37 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Send me some of whatever you two are smoking and I may not even need to hunt bourbon anymore! 

That’s a different forum... 

• I like it 3

On 10/31/2019 at 8:49 PM, Clueby said:

SBS of CEHTBP 128.1 vs Stagg Jr. 131.9.  This is my first ever experience with CEHTBP. While I'm thankful to the generous SB'r for the sample, I'm glad I didn't drop big money on a bottle of this. It never shows up in Missouri. If it shows up across the river its typically north of $150. Most of my SJR purchases have been in the $50 range although availability seems to have dried up lately.

The CEHT was lighter in color..a nice bright golden amber. The SJR was more of a brown with reddish tints. On the nose the CEHT was lots of grain and corn and dusty wood. The SJR was burnt brown sugar and cherry cola. The noses on both carried over to the palate pretty consistently.  The CEHT was noticeably thinner feeling.  The finish had some dusty oak notes but faded relatively quickly and had a corn-pop sweetness. The SJR had that molasses and cherries thing going on. I got little to no corn. Some oakiness at the end with that thick burnt sugar note lingering.  I thought that on it's own the CEHT is a fine bourbon, but the SJR blew it away.  My wife felt mostly the same although she noted how "smooth" the CEHT seemed comparatively.

20191031_202350.jpg

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.