What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Fall 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

15 hours ago, 0895 said:

Going on memory alone, (sbs with RC6 a few weeks ago)

it was less sweet, more spicy, and had better wood flavors.

Last year I liked RC6 well enough, but grew tired of the bottle halfway through.

The SE4xPR5 seems much more in my wheelhouse.

I’ll just mention again that I often struggle with wheated bourbons.

I have to be in the right mood, and some nights they are just not my thing in any brand or variation.

Sounds great.  I did pick one of these up based on some positive reviews out on the interweb and podcasters, but I am happy to hear good reviews from SB'ers.  I did not ever try the RC6. I have had a couple delicious PS picks, but at the end of the day the best one were on par with W107 so the extra $$ and gamble on outcome does not seem worthwhile.  

Been away from the forum for a few days dealing with a very crazy week.  Was able to snag LB4 below MSRP for myself and @fosmith.

F5BDE2FA-61EA-4C38-AFF9-CA370C68115A.jpeg

54 minutes ago, parksmart said:

Been away from the forum for a few days dealing with a very crazy week.  Was able to snag LB4 below MSRP for myself and @fosmith.

Just came out this week in Ohio and MSRP is $124.99 - the taters are going nuts on this one this time.   Probably based on the batch 3 greatness that was well documented.

3 hours ago, parksmart said:

You really did me a solid there Gene.  I've been on the lookout for this one after how good LB3 is.  This came and went several times at K&L before I could get one and I don't shop at Costco so I appreciate you picking one up for me.  

36 minutes ago, fosmith said:

You really did me a solid there Gene.  I've been on the lookout for this one after how good LB3 is.  This came and went several times at K&L before I could get one and I don't shop at Costco so I appreciate you picking one up for me.  

?

4 hours ago, parksmart said:

Local store had 1 bottle @ $270...? 

2020 OFBB for a friend @ $199.99 (it ain't MY money) - honest!!!    I believe in @tanstaafl2.  ?

• I like it 5

Christmas shopping done for a good friend.  He goes ga ga over this, but it's not at the top of my list, even at $54.  Picked up a Belle Mead cask strength for myself for a few dollars more and enjoying immensely.  To each his own.

1022201335a.jpg

• I like it 4

I didn't even have to stand in line or take a number...OGDBiB was $20.99, the ER10 was $49.99 (a little expensive but haven't seen one in a while; also left the OTHER bottle for the next person ?) & the Coopers' Craft (it was a recommendation) was $32.99...I am happy. ?

bourbon.jpg

• I like it 2

10 minutes ago, JvW said:

I didn't even have to stand in line or take a number...OGDBiB was $20.99, the ER10 was $49.99 (a little expensive but haven't seen one in a while; also left the OTHER bottle for the next person ?) & the Coopers' Craft (it was a recommendation) was $32.99...I am happy. ?

bourbon.jpg

Let us know what you think of the CC.  I've heard mixed reviews on it.  The ER and the OGD are always solid.

4 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Let us know what you think of the CC.  I've heard mixed reviews on it.  The ER and the OGD are always solid.

Tonight I enjoyed 2 drams of the Coopers' Craft & I have to admit that it is a great EASY sipper, especially @ 100 Proof.

1 hour ago, Marekv8 said:

Sorry, this was too cute to pass up…

IMG_5330.thumb.JPG.3b2d7dd278dbf5beb024fb0f04401e5f.JPG

This is how people end up with full grown cats! Just ask @0895

Edited by Bob_Loblaw

49 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

This is how people end up with full grown cats! Just ask @0895

At one time I had all 3 (50ml, 750ml, 1750ml).  Soon only the baby will survive.

Another Knob Creek.  This one a month and a week shy of 15 years.  I can't resist a vanishing bargain.

IMG_6061.thumb.jpg.0bb95d3d8abdbbb809f5c44018540995.jpg

• I like it 4

I stopped by a local shop yesterday and found this. All I can find online is from 2015. Did the do a new realease again?

85800759-6923-4948-A209-54EE503B1DD8.jpeg

• I like it 3

4 hours ago, ptman2000 said:

I stopped by a local shop yesterday and found this. All I can find online is from 2015. Did the do a new realease again?

85800759-6923-4948-A209-54EE503B1DD8.jpeg

No, that was a one time release that honored Jimmy Russell's 60 years at WT

56 minutes ago, Sgtspitter101 said:

Bought a w12 today. Ashamed of the price but it was the cheapest i have seen it.

And the price was ???? ?

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

And the price was ???? ?

Be careful.....this is a trick!  Just say you bought a case of Wild Turkey 101 instead.

On 10/25/2020 at 5:09 PM, JCwhammie said:

No, that was a one time release that honored Jimmy Russell's 60 years at WT

I wonder why the store was just getting some now?

13 minutes ago, ptman2000 said:

I wonder why the store was just getting some now?

When something on an order doesn’t show up, the expression that is sometimes used is,  “I dunno,  must have fell off the truck.”  When something shows up that wasn’t on an order, it can be something like, “I dunno, must have fell off the shelf in the warehouse.”

But seriously, I honestly have heard several stories of bottles showing up at liquor stores that weren’t ordered. Things that I was told that were said were, “We found this in our warehouse. You want it?”  “We were cleaning up our warehouse and found this on the wrong shelf.”  “This fell behind a shelf, and we just found it.”  “We must have misplaced this. You ordered one a while back, and I thought you might still want it.” etc..etc...etc....

Biba! Joe

Headed down the hill to the “big city” to find some things my local doesn’t carry. Finally found an Old Tub ($19.99) along with OGD Bonded ($25) and a MM cask strength ($39). About to pop the top on the OT and compare it with a few other JB 100 proofers 

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

When something on an order doesn’t show up, the expression that is sometimes used is,  “I dunno,  must have fell off the truck.”  When something shows up that wasn’t on an order, it can be something like, “I dunno, must have fell off the shelf in the warehouse.”

But seriously, I honestly have heard several stories of bottles showing up at liquor stores that weren’t ordered. Things that I was told that were said were, “We found this in our warehouse. You want it?”  “We were cleaning up our warehouse and found this on the wrong shelf.”  “This fell behind a shelf, and we just found it.”  “We must have misplaced this. You ordered one a while back, and I thought you might still want it.” etc..etc...etc....

Biba! Joe

There is a chain of stores around here erroneously named for low prices.  Every now and then, some old stock would appear.  It turns out they had purchased one or more small independent stores, along with all the inventory.  Meanwhile, the chain had their own warehouse, and gradually doled what had been acquired.  People like us can recognize the label from before the current version.  

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.