What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow bourbonites.  Cherish all those with you, close enough to see and those close to your heart.  

Stay safe, stay healthy.

Gambatte kudasai.

• I like it 4

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  Like many (I think), I will be going the Wild Turkey route today with some Rare Breed.

• I like it 1

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, 

I took a break from the craziness and destruction around Lake Charles and headed up to Pigeon Forge, TN for a few days. Very nice up here and enjoying it with my family. 
I’m starting the day off with some great bourbon while cooking some gumbo for our Thanksgiving dinner. 
372E78E3-D4A9-49A8-BD5F-089164204EC0.thumb.jpeg.3043cb5955670b9a2f7fccb03951db1f.jpeg

• I like it 11

Our household is currently quarantining. So it is to be a very sparsely attended dinner tonight. I'm still doing a full dinner, but am going light on the drinking. I did freshly crack an older bottle though. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

IMG_20201126_150325.jpg

Edited by Mattk
  • I like it 5

Happy Thanksgiving Day, y'all. 

It seemed appropriate for Turkey Day to crack open my last bottle of WT Decades. Mighty fine whiskey! (Also, looking forward to a slice of that cherry pie, courtesy of Mrs. S.) 

20201126_153800.jpg

• I like it 3

Turkey of course.

WTRB was used for the bourbon pecan pie which I will enjoy later. Then some WTRB in my glass.

Now into the Decades 17yr. 

And this is all before dinner. Shenanigans will continue this evening.

• I like it 4

26 minutes ago, flahute said:

Turkey of course.

WTRB was used for the bourbon pecan pie which I will enjoy later. Then some WTRB in my glass.

Now into the Decades 17yr. 

And this is all before dinner. Shenanigans will continue this evening.

That decades 17 year sounds like a risky blend

2 minutes ago, Mattk said:

That decades 17 year sounds like a risky blend

Not at all. The barrels in this blend spent a long period of time in the old Old Crow stone warehouses that are in a valley. Cool aging conditions mean that the bourbon is not over oaked.

Very good stuff!

• I like it 2

A little WT 101 early this evening, a bit of RB now, and maybe some KS or RRSiB (or both) later on. 

Gobble gobble, SB fam. Giving thanks for all of you tonight. Happy Thanksgiving! 

IMG_20201126_200128__01__01__01.jpg

• I like it 4

Had a pour of WTRB from a sample last night. Finished it off after earlier this evening. Having a nightcap pour or two of OFSB. Can’t overindulge because of work tomorrow. ?

FWIW,  the company I work for distributes truck parts. A number of years ago, regional parts managers and dealership managers complained to corporate. Their complaint was if they had to be open on Black Friday, why aren’t our distribution centers. So, guess what?  Yeah, here hold this for me. ???

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

RR SiB pick from CNF 6th floor while watching Planes, Tranes, and Automobiles.

"Those aren't pillows!!"

Happy Thanksgiving 

20201126_205026.jpg

Edited by JCwhammie
  • I like it 5

41 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Had a pour of WTRB from a sample last night. Finished it off after earlier this evening. Having a nightcap pour or two of OFSB. Can’t overindulge because of work tomorrow. ?

FWIW,  the company I work for distributes truck parts. A number of years ago, regional parts managers and dealership managers complained to corporate. Their complaint was if they had to be open on Black Friday, why aren’t our distribution centers. So, guess what?  Yeah, here hold this for me. ???

Biba! Joe

I liked but only because I recognize the expectations.  So, are they expecting a run on truck parts or do they order truck parts that require expedited delivery?

Loving all the Turkey pics.  

Happy Turkey day everyone.  This years been difficult but at least the Cowgirls lost.  I can get use to that Thanksgiving tradition. 

A1036B27-5E4F-4F43-8513-BA87F4FA124E.jpeg

• I like it 3

Well I had some healthy pours of Rare Breed tonight. Damn good - lots of chocolate and... of course it hit the spot. Stayed home tonight to avoid covid. Watching Knives Out now with some Christmas Ale from Great Lakes.  I wanted more bourbon, but they were healthy pours. Happy Thanksgiving! 

• I like it 1

56 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

"Those aren't pillows!!"

Happy Thanksgiving 

LMFAO! Thanks for sharing this JC. Brings back a very fond memory from seeing this movie back in the day. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Did a blind tasting of these four Turkeys. Correctly identified them all and had them ranked: (1) MK Decades (2) Rare Breed (3) 13yr (4) Kentucky Spirit. The Decades was clearly the class of the group, Rare Breed is an awesome whiskey for the price and good availability, but I was disappointed in the Kentucky Spirit as I am normally a big fan. The 13 year clearly shares the Wild Turkey DNA but is flat compared to the rest of the flock. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

image.thumb.jpeg.0742a560b3798b5d52e1309a5a1aaac8.jpeg

• I like it 2

Enjoying this fruity tropical conviction on the kaanapali coast.  It has a floater of (unspecified) bourbon so it counts.  Switching back to WT 101 after this.

IMG_20201126_181017442.jpg

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, JCwhammie said:

"Those aren't pillows!!"

Happy Thanksgiving 

20201126_205026.jpg

The cab driver that punches Steve Martin is my wife's uncle - for real.

• I like it 7

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

I liked but only because I recognize the expectations.  So, are they expecting a run on truck parts or do they order truck parts that require expedited delivery?

I believe it’s mostly a matter of business “equality”. If the frontline folks have to work, so should the support personnel. But........... We do ship out dozens, if not more emergency orders every day. These are mainly  because of trucks being down. If a truck isn’t running, the owner/driver ain’t making any money. Even though we aren’t usually any more busy as far as emergency orders go on Black Friday, we can at least play catch up in other areas if our....... oops. Never mind. ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

11 hours ago, Kepler said:

Cracked this old Turkey tonight.  Happy Thanksgiving to all.

20201126_215229.jpg

Cool looking bottle.

After smoking 6 Cornish Hens and a turkey breast we (me, wife, 2 kids, son-in-law and the two tots settled in for a feast (roasted carrots, roasted Brussels Sprouts, smashed Yukon Gold potatoes, dressing, cranberry salad).  After everyone left we settled in and enjoyed some RR Sib and KC 12 y.o. 100 proof.

TGIVING 1.jpg

TGIVING 2.jpg

• I like it 4

Happy Belated Thanksgiving! Loved seeing all the WT.

My BIL and I ran up the WT ladder first enjoying small pours of WT101, WBSaffel and two different RRSiB picks. Then I cracked a fresh Decades and Cornerstone before “finishing” with the Magnus cigar blend.  I say that in quotes because while it was the last planned pour we definitely continued on for quite a few more. 

All of the pours were great, but Saffel really stole the show early until Decades entered the fold. Those two in particular just seem to have such great balance and viscosity while providing classic WT heavy Caramel/notes and in the case of the Decades a hint of berries and cream. I’ll have to do this two as a blind SBS in the future. 

The Magnus was great as well and the I’m particular nose was absolutely phenomenal. 

• I like it 3

Day after Thanksgiving munching of leftover stuff and a small pour of Stitzel era Rebel Yell.  

FF08E342-23FD-4D14-B74E-DCE2CC8E9E53.jpeg

• I like it 10

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.