What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Started my day early (puppy had to pee). After watching the F1 qualifying runs, I decided it was time to begin my day ( remember, you can’t call it day drinking unless you start in the morning). After some Weller12, I decided to hit my wife’s tequila stash. Had a small pour of each before finishing up with som MonteLobos mezcal. I will make one observation. Altering drinking higher proof bourbons, the 80 proof tequilas were a bit of a let down.  Of the group, I prefer the Gran Patron Piedra.  It has some very bourbon like notes. 

07BF2D82-507E-47C4-9003-C28F92BDB938.jpeg

E3B4FD75-B045-45AD-AFE3-9E2E15CF8AB6.jpeg

• I like it 3

A little sbsbs while watching Sooner football and listening to the album Redheaded Stranger by Willie Nelson. 

The EWB can't hang at this table. The other 2 are both fitting my mood tonight. 

20201205_204028.jpg

• I like it 1

I celebrated the acquisition of a 2020 WLW today, by drinking a sample of 2015 WLW that Vosgar left me. I’m following the 2015 WLW with a pour or two from a 2017 WLW. It’s a good thing I got the 2020 today cause my 2017 is just about gone. ^_^

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

• I like it 6

7 hours ago, DeepCover said:

After getting a positive COVID test result on Wednesday, I’ll be drinking vicariously through you guys for the next several days. I can’t smell or taste very much at all. Having said that, perhaps now is the ideal time for me to choke down the rest of that TX Bourbon I bought a few years ago and have refused to go back to. ?

You are in our thoughts and prayers. ?

• I like it 3

Been a long week working overnights (3rd shift) for me, so no bourbon for me until today. Thankfully I made up for lost time with a pour of the following: VW Lot B, Rebel Yell SB, ECBP B518, and now finishing up some Stage Jr. Batch 9. Needless to say, the liver is now very happy floating around in my body! I'm going to need it because tomorrow morning I need to go clean up the driveway from our first Nor'easter of the season. Thankfully it wasn't too bad, but a hassle no matter what. Hope everyone enjoyed their Repeal Day!! Cheers!

• I like it 2

4 minutes ago, elmossle said:

Been a long week working overnights (3rd shift) for me, so no bourbon for me until today. Thankfully I made up for lost time with a pour of the following: VW Lot B, Rebel Yell SB, ECBP B518, and now finishing up some Stage Jr. Batch 9. Needless to say, the liver is now very happy floating around in my body! I'm going to need it because tomorrow morning I need to go clean up the driveway from our first Nor'easter of the season. Thankfully it wasn't too bad, but a hassle no matter what. Hope everyone enjoyed their Repeal Day!! Cheers!

Cheers brother, and hang in there. I saw what the weather was up your way. ☹️ I’m  not complaining myself as it’s been overly mild so far here in northern Illinois. But I know it’s coming sooner or later. Katie bar the door, and batten down the hatches. Here comes a nor’wester! 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, DeepCover said:

After getting a positive COVID test result on Wednesday, I’ll be drinking vicariously through you guys for the next several days. I can’t smell or taste very much at all. Having said that, perhaps now is the ideal time for me to choke down the rest of that TX Bourbon I bought a few years ago and have refused to go back to. ?

Take care.

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, markandrex said:

Some Remus Repeal Reserve in honor of the day.

Great idea so I followed your lead. Remus Repeal Reserve version II for me.

Next up some OF1920  Prohibition Style...

7 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I celebrated the acquisition of a 2020 WLW today, by drinking a sample of 2015 WLW that Vosgar left me. I’m following the 2015 WLW with a pour or two from a 2017 WLW. It’s a good thing I got the 2020 today cause my 2017 is just about gone. ^_^

Awww shucks - I was going to give you a bottle of 2020 WLW for your Christmas present!  NOW what do I do, what DO I do?    ?

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Awww shucks - I was going to give you a bottle of 2020 WLW for your Christmas present!  NOW what do I do, what DO I do?    ?

L?O?L?!

• I like it 1

ive brewed beer  and loved  drinking it from the late 80`s.  picked up that corvid in october and it knocked my taste to crap. tried a taster of beer but was a waste of time. could not taste it. same with bourbon. i was devistated.5 weeks of my life lost.  tried  a little one last night and all is well. weller 12 brought things back to me!

stay safe folks. this covid is no joke, i can tell you that.

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, anthony. g. said:

ive brewed beer  and loved  drinking it from the late 80`s.  picked up that corvid in october and it knocked my taste to crap. tried a taster of beer but was a waste of time. could not taste it. same with bourbon. i was devistated.5 weeks of my life lost.  tried  a little one last night and all is well. weller 12 brought things back to me!

stay safe folks. this covid is no joke, i can tell you that.

Glad you came through intact. 

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, GeeTen said:

What to get for the Weller whore who has everything!?

On 12/5/2020 at 12:35 PM, DeepCover said:

Geez @DeepCover, that really sucks! Hope your symptoms are mild and that your taste and smell comes back soon. 

• I like it 1

Had a little Old 55 with an early dinner with friends.  Definitely one of the winners in the micro-distillery division.  They're starting to make some decent inroads within the state.  

Thanks for all the well wishes. The worst is definitely behind me. No more fever, chills or headache.

@Cluebyi wish you a speedy recovery.

• I like it 1

Finishing off a 10y, 3m Russell’s that’s right in my wheelhouse.

Wife made Italian beef sandwiches for dinner, and the Russell’s is just firing on all cylinders for me.

Old timers will also note that she got her Christmas decorations out... ?

49A0EB3B-928B-49C1-9260-DA721257CA2E.jpeg

I seem to have fallen into a "rut" of OF 1920 and FRsmBS.  Since I'm off tomorrow, I'm hitting those again today.  I can be very content with these, as long as I could add RRSiB into the mix along the way...

• I like it 1

3 minutes ago, bourbon-n00b said:

I seem to have fallen into a "rut" of OF 1920 and FRsmBS.  Since I'm off tomorrow, I'm hitting those again today.  I can be very content with these, as long as I could add RRSiB into the mix along the way...

I’d say that OF and FR’s ain’t too bad of a rut. ?

Biba! Joe

10 minutes ago, bourbon-n00b said:

1920 is NOT a “rut whiskey”

It beat 2016 birthday bourbon in a blind I was part of.

9 minutes ago, 0895 said:

1920 is NOT a “rut whiskey”

It beat 2016 birthday bourbon in a blind I was part of.

Yeah, I agree that it's excellent.  I've never been an OF fanboy but this bottling has me considering for sure.

The "rut" referred to me continually going back to these, vs the whiskey somehow being a "rut".  Sorry for not being more clear.

• I like it 1

37 minutes ago, DeepCover said:

Thanks for all the well wishes. The worst is definitely behind me. No more fever, chills or headache.

@Cluebyi wish you a speedy recovery.

Thanks. So far it's still covid Groundhog day for me. Every day is a repeat. I'm on day 8 of fevers, chills, and headaches. Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer.  Can't wait to be fever free, get my taste back, and raise a toast.

• I like it 9

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.