What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

42 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Day after Thanksgiving munching of leftover stuff and a small pour of Stitzel era Rebel Yell.  

FF08E342-23FD-4D14-B74E-DCE2CC8E9E53.jpeg

#winning 

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

Day after Thanksgiving munching of leftover stuff and a small pour of Stitzel era Rebel Yell.  

FF08E342-23FD-4D14-B74E-DCE2CC8E9E53.jpeg

Is that a 200ml?  I've got two of them from circa 1983 that I haven't cracked yet.   Curious as to your thoughts!

Well, day after T'giving is a cleaning day for us and also back to bunker culling for me.  I pulled a lightly dusty craft bourbon from  the bunker's top shelf while hunting for a 60 watt light bulb.  Tom's Foolery, Ohio SBW,  80 proof, 3 years, distilled in 2012, Batch #6, bottle 617.  Yes, it is young and oily, but the gold-tinted plastic dipping wrap covering the cork is the worst part - really sticky when touched and flaky when cut for peeling.

The bourbon?  Not too bad considering; I shall drink it happily (although not all at once).  Even though it is a pot still product (website says it's an old Michter's still),  it lacks that metallic note some pot stills impart.

Someplace up in the bunker, I still have an unopened bonded they released.  Maybe next T'giving.

Some selections this evening.

Just enjoyed watching a really good college football game between ND and North Carolina.

20201127_175730.jpg

Edited by Kepler
  • I like it 3

KC 9 yr most of the afternoon. This is checking a lot of boxes for me today. I also admit I have not tried the 12 year and it is something I will have to remedy. 

• I like it 1

8 minutes ago, Radioyada said:

2018 GTS.  It has been a good day, and now on to a relaxed evening.

Nice choice.  GTS has a way of relaxing a person.

• I like it 1

9 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I agree.  It is one of those that makes me pay attention to every sip.  It is my only bottle of the 2018 release, so I will miss this one when it is gone.

• I like it 1

43 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Yep! It hastened my arrival to bedtime on Thanksgiving night.

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

Some selections this evening.

Just enjoyed watching a really good college football game between ND and North Carolina.

20201127_175730.jpg

That was a great game. I just killed a WTMK 17 and then opened a CNF 11yr RRSiB

9 minutes ago, flahute said:

Yep! It hastened my arrival to bedtime on Thanksgiving night.

It's even better than Tryptophan!

• I like it 2

10 minutes ago, flahute said:

That was a great game. I just killed a WTMK 17 and then opened a CNF 11yr RRSiB

Well done sir, Lawrenceburg man that you are!

Edited by Kepler

Since I just added two new bottles last month I figure it's time to put in some work on this Blanton's from 2017. Good stuff. I just prefer a little higher proof most the time.

IMG952752.jpg

8 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

They were offering a four-up flight for fifty bucks. Hit me again, Mister. 

FF5F5B49-2071-45FA-B3D0-6FCEC5937832.thumb.jpeg.f23f184ab6d0a7639d691295f56207cb.jpeg

All day and twice on Sundays!

Killed off a W12 with a ~3.5oz pour last night and sipped for an hour or so. It was like drinking a cinnamon roll.  Such a fantastic bourbon. 

• I like it 1

14 minutes ago, parksmart said:

All day and twice on Sundays!

Make mine a double! ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, Bourbon Boiler said:

OGD 114 to watch the Boilermakers in 90 minutes.  

114 proof isn't high enough for that garbage .....

I meant to just have a small drink but I am on a Fantasy Basketball draft and group chat.  Drinking, while talking basketball, football, or soccer, can cause me to get lost.  I believe I am on pour #3.  None super huge.  But, I believe I just drafted the New York Jets in my fantasy basketball league.  I am certain Christiano Ronaldo is their best player.  He gets a lot of triple doubles.  

Seriously, I had a pour of OF100, followed by a pour of WT101, followed by a maddenly bad draft pick, followed by a pour of WT101 to drown my sorrows.  I believe we still have one more round.  Focus.

Meanwhile, my wife is watching a Hallmark Christmas movie.  I guess by default so am I.

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.