What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

I was at the new Total Wine yesterday and everyone was crowded around the mid-tier higher priced NDPs.  I was searching out prices on OF100, WT101, and OGD BIB.  OK, full disclosure, I also checked to see if they had a RR10 Single Barrel.  No, on the latter because it was in the price range of the average shopper.  Yes, on the quality pours on the cheap.  I watched folks grabbing multiples of bottles based on the recommendation of employees.  Not necessarily bad recommendations and many were probably for gifts.

I had OF100 last night.  It is a favorite.  I agree it has gotten seems to get better with each bottle I open.  

Eventually, I'll make it up there, probably not until after Christmas break.

Others on the site have warned me about "spirits direct" and the employee "recommendations". ?

I'm actually curious to see what they have in the way of: Tequila, Scotch, and beer.

I'm beyond the idea that TW would do me any favors in regard to Bourbon, lucky if they even match my local stores.  We'll see.

4 hours ago, FacePlant said:

And the win goes to GA Joe!!!

Damnit! Joe will never let me hear the end of it!

12 hours ago, Bourbon Boiler said:

Nice pair!  For whatever reason, I've neve been able to enjoy the THH like I "should".  It's not like I dislike it or anything, but if I were going to design my own whiskey in a lab I'd think this is the set of features I'd want, but I still only land with "pretty good".

If you get a chance, try the 2020 THH.  Best THH I've ever tasted and I've been lucky to taste a few from The Bunker.  Yeah, I know it's a rye.   ?

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 5

On 12/20/2020 at 12:44 AM, Kepler said:

Tonight I've enjoyed HWMND, JM Cigar, and now some 4R OESQ. 

How is that OESQ? I have a bottle but have yet to open it and was wonder what to expect.

12 hours ago, Clueby said:

My first post-Covid pour tonight. Some OWA PS. Was super sweet tasting but I got a little cinnamon red hots and the feel was great. Nose was a little "sour" from what I know OWA to be so hope that comes back better.

Best of luck getting back to normal. I had a glass of Pure Kentucky XO on Wednesday, trying to get my taste buds back on track, and all I could taste was cinnamon and heat. Looks like I’m staying away from the top shelf until I can get my palate back. 

26 minutes ago, DeepCover said:

Best of luck getting back to normal. I had a glass of Pure Kentucky XO on Wednesday, trying to get my taste buds back on track, and all I could taste was cinnamon and heat. Looks like I’m staying away from the top shelf until I can get my palate back. 

That's what XO always tastes like! But seriously here's to getting our taste fully back. I think my taste is back more than my nose.

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, GeeTen said:

If you get a chance, try the 2020 THH.  Best THH I've ever tasted and I've been lucky to taste a few from The Bunker.  Yeah, I know it's a rye.   ?

Stop teasing me. ? 

It was literally the only bottle I wanted this year...(sigh)

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

Stop teasing me. ? 

So, did you get a 2020 WLW?  It was literally the only bottle I wanted this year . . . . (got lots of others instead).  ?

2 hours ago, 0895 said:

Stop teasing me. ? 

42 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

So, did you get a 2020 WLW?  It was literally the only bottle I wanted this year . . . . (got lots of others instead).  ?

So its one bottle of 2020 THH and one bottle of 2020 WLW and the rest of your 2020 bottles head back my way then right?   :) 

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

C'mon man! You could have skipped the Pappy 15 and grabbed the WLW. You had more hold cards in your fist than anyone else there.

(btw what type of car do you drive? Just so I can keep a lookout in the parking lot next year..)

• I like it 1

25 minutes ago, mal00768 said:

C'mon man! You could have skipped the Pappy 15 and grabbed the WLW. You had more hold cards in your fist than anyone else there.

(btw what type of car do you drive? Just so I can keep a lookout in the parking lot next year..)

Planning a family road trip? You can buy the iconic car from National  Lampoon's Vacation - Lonely Planet

Edited by Paddy
Luckily, I had a shot of it the last time he took it to the shop! ;)
  • I like it 4

17 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Finishing up the weekend with a pour of GBS ECBP 15 yr.  

05D55675-FE6F-49F2-BF7E-E4AEFC5B2077.jpeg

Okay, I know a lot of you have more experience than me; but come on... I'm calling bullsh!+ here... "Sharpie Aged Bourbon???"

54 minutes ago, mal00768 said:

Don’t forget to ask for his home address, SSN, bank PINs and mother’s maiden name...... ?

34 minutes ago, bayouredd said:

Okay, I know a lot of you have more experience than me; but come on... I'm calling bullsh!+ here... "Sharpie Aged Bourbon???"

I kid you, not!!  ?

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, Paddy said:

Planning a family road trip? You can buy the iconic car from National  Lampoon's Vacation - Lonely Planet

Hey, how'd you get that picture of my car???   ?

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

Hey, how'd you get that picture of my car???   ?

I thought yours had a sun roof? ?

Biba! Joe

8 hours ago, Double C's said:

How is that OESQ? I have a bottle but have yet to open it and was wonder what to expect.

It's okay. Never has been one of my favorites.  Nice fruitiness on mine but nothing else extremely memorable.

7 hours ago, Clueby said:

That's what XO always tastes like! But seriously here's to getting our taste fully back. I think my taste is back more than my nose.

So true on the XO, and taste before the smell. Fortunately for me I can tell a noticeable difference today on taste. I’m having some BT and I’m getting the usual notes I’m used to. This is the bourbon I use to calibrate the palate and I’m very encouraged.

Liar's Bench Single Barrel to start the evening.  I have to say I like this, though I'm not all that familiar with Bear Wallow's product mix.  117* and 55% Rye.  Really good punch and a long finish.  

Coworker brought me a couple airplane bottles of 4RSB for helping her out last week.

Tasting pretty darn good tonight after 14 hours at work.

??

3CD0B6D3-E672-432E-96AB-1646852AF604.jpeg

• I like it 2

9 hours ago, GeeTen said:

I got lots of bottles I wanted this year!    The trick is to not want the bottles you can't get.   

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.