What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

7 minutes ago, ABVT said:

Did one blind. Turns out it was OKI. I guessed Stagg Jr. Way off but what can you do! I liked this more than recall. 

download_20201218_211022.jpg

I am down to my last half bottle, I really enjoyed OKI - miss you old friend!

21 hours ago, flahute said:

Indeed sir. I am 12 deep in great RY10's.

I bought several extras of my favorite barrels too.  But it was just done the old fashioned way via checking what was available on the shelves.   Luckily i found plenty of my 2 favorite barrels.  But your extra level of investigating distributor stock was a stroke of genius. Well done.

Honestly I enjoy a good barrel of this bourbon as much as just about anything I drink,  this side of a special LE like BTAC or 4RLE

Edited by Kepler

2 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

I wish I had a basement.  Oh well, at least I have bourbon.

This pretty much sums up the raison d'etre of StraightBourbon.com 

• I like it 5

35 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I bought several extras of my favorite barrels too.  But it was just done the old fashioned way via checking what was available on the shelves.   Luckily i found plenty of my 2 favorite barrels.  But your extra level of investigating distributor stock was a stroke of genius. Well done.

Honestly I enjoy a good barrel of this bourbon as much as just about anything I drink,  this side of a special LE like BTAC or 4RLE

I can't take credit for checking the distributor - my liquor store owner friend did that. I was just smart enough to capitalize on it!

5 minutes ago, flahute said:

I can't take credit for checking the distributor - my liquor store owner friend did that. I was just smart enough to capitalize on it!

You are nothing if not resourceful.  Still well done!

Spending the holiday in Ouray CO. Small town with a big bar. Night started with John the owner giving me a holiday pour as we talked about bourbon. A few great pours in now and beyond impressed. 

96B28BE3-F299-4539-B9D9-2B3BDFB47803.jpeg

62B1D7FF-1826-4991-9573-069E66502F47.jpeg

• I like it 8

Despite all of my recent good fortune on new purchases, I didn’t open anything new tonight. Actually, I’m finding that I’ve pretty much filled my current storage spots with bottles and am kind of running out of stash space (good problem to have I guess), so I worked down some of the opens tonight instead.

After a dinner of perfectly cooked Santa Maria style tri-tip accompanied by a couple glasses of a really tasty bottle of wine, I had a healthy pour of OF Statesman, which I’m still digging quite a bit, and just finished with a nightcap of Blanton’s, which was a little slice of heaven. As you may have inferred from the “opening Blanton’s” thread this week, I am ready to die on the “Blanton’s is fantastic” hill... but maybe it’s just a great barrel. 

44 minutes ago, Not_That_Fancy said:

Spending the holiday in Ouray CO. Small town with a big bar. Night started with John the owner giving me a holiday pour as we talked about bourbon. A few great pours in now and beyond impressed. 

Nice.  Merry Christmas!

• I like it 1

54 minutes ago, Not_That_Fancy said:

You there for some ice climbing?

• I like it 1

in the past couple months, I've witnessed MMCS on and off sale, and a brief appearance of MM 101.  MMCS came back on sale, so I decided grab some.  I got batch 20-04 109 proof.  It took a little while for the first pour to open up.  I'm liking it.  I'm getting some OWA flashbacks to the early 2000s (in a good way).

• I like it 2

I was hoping to pick up a MM 101 to take on our weekend trip. No go at a couple different stores. So, I picked up a RR 10yr. If one has to settle for something else, it might as well be a quality pour right?!! This Turkey brings a balance of smoke and spice in a very drinkable 90 proof. I guess I'll suffer through. 

Anyway,  I've settled in with a nice pour for the Big Ten Championship game. GO BUCKS!!

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, Not_That_Fancy said:

Nice pour (judging by the ER fill level in the first vs second pics)... 

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Phil T said:

I was hoping to pick up a MM 101 to take on our weekend trip. No go at a couple different stores. So, I picked up a RR 10yr. If one has to settle for something else, it might as well be a quality pour right?!! This Turkey brings a balance of smoke and spice in a very drinkable 90 proof. I guess I'll suffer through. 

Anyway,  I've settled in with a nice pour for the Big Ten Championship game. GO BUCKS!!

As you know, I'm a big proponent of this one. And go Bucks! (That was way too close for too long there.)

8 minutes ago, flahute said:

As you know, I'm a big proponent of this one. And go Bucks! (That was way too close for too long there.)

We lost 22 players for this game and we persevered.....O H

Cudos  to NW for a great game.

Trey Sermon is the new man...

1 hour ago, Phil T said:

We lost 22 players for this game and we persevered.....O H

Cudos  to NW for a great game.

Trey Sermon is the new man...

Trey Sermon was unstoppable in the 2nd half - only thing that shut him down in the first half was in the insistance on the passing game.

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, Saul_cooperstein said:

Nice pour (judging by the ER fill level in the first vs second pics)... 

Oh I’d say we pushed a 3 oz pour. The picture of the bottles and glass was about 3-4 sips in 

Second night of OWA...

Been on a 4R kick with an excursion or 2 on KC120 since Halloween. The Holiday season wheater is a grand change of pace.  (thanx Steve)

• I like it 1

20 hours ago, PaulO said:

in the past couple months, I've witnessed MMCS on and off sale, and a brief appearance of MM 101.  MMCS came back on sale, so I decided grab some.  I got batch 20-04 109 proof.  It took a little while for the first pour to open up.  I'm liking it.  I'm getting some OWA flashbacks to the early 2000s (in a good way).

I believe my most recent batch was 20-02 and maybe 112 proof.  I enjoyed it but had to dilute to 105-110 proof.  I noticed the price of MMCS dropped significantly in the Fall.  I still see it in the mid-$30s as an everyday price depending on the store.  I bought a MM101 today on sale for $34.  The regular price was $39.99.  I thought I saw MMCS in the mid-$50s.  I wonder if the drop in price on MMCS was to clear it out so that MM101 can take its place in the $30-40 price range.  I just can't see MMCS being less expensive than MM101 long-term.  However, everything I read is that MM101 is a limited release.

I did a lot of shopping today and so I have done a decent amount of drinking tonight to heal my wounded wings.

Started off with a pour of OGD BIB, followed by MM101, followed by New Riff, followed by OF100.  None were large pours but enough for a nice taste and enjoyment.

Played board games with the family and now watching "Sing" on Fx. 

4 hours ago, Bourbon Boiler said:

Woodford Reserve Wheater and Knob Creek Single Barrel last night.  

I have not seen the WR Wheated Bourbon.  I guess I should look harder.

21 hours ago, Not_That_Fancy said:

Absolutely love Ouray. Spent a couple days there after hiking in the San Juans last year.

sitting on the couch with a fire going in the fireplace, watching Home Alone, and sipping on a pour of OF 1910.

• I like it 8

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.