What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm enjoying some Old Fo 100.  I just opened this bottle.  It seems even nicer than the last one.  Just an observation, since the change to the retro white paper label, it tastes like B-F has gradually dumped more better barrels into the batch. ?

Buy this at the grocery store <$20 - you bet.

• I like it 3

Sitting on the couch watching the Mandolorian, sipping on RY 10 year SiB.  I wish I had about 20 of this particular bottle bunkered.  It is PERFECT!

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, PaulO said:

I'm enjoying some Old Fo 100.  I just opened this bottle.  It seems even nicer than the last one.  Just an observation, since the change to the retro white paper label, it tastes like B-F has gradually dumped more better barrels into the batch. ?

This has become a favorite for me. I agree it tastes like better barrels are going into this. It also varies from the typical BF for my palate. I get a salted caramel note and not a hint of banana. 

It's my current favorite budget buy.

• I like it 2

In keeping with my feelings about the Wash DC NFL team for as long as Mr. Snyder has owned it, I am watching Seattle's offense handling Wash's not-so-bad defense while sipping on WT RB 112.8.  At least ONE of these Turkeys is making me happy.B)

• I like it 2

Yes, yes, I know better.  Now that the're three generations under my roof (fortunately both kids work on computer so can work from home) I must set an example for the grandchildren by admitting to making a mistake.

When it first came out I liked the whiskey while disregarding the somewhat cheesy packaging.  

Barrel selection must've been better back in the day because every five years or so when I'm in a store and see the bottle I buy it and after opening realize it's the triumph of hope over experience.  Now, today, Basil Hayden simply tastes like watered down Old Grand Dad and I don't  mean the 114.

• I like it 2

19 hours ago, MDBourbon said:

Just finishing 2 oz of 2020 GTS, started with 2oz of 2020 ORVW

Nice! How are they, compared to prior years?

All this talk of Ryes and Wheaters made me want to bring out the big guns to tune up for this glorious and blessed Holiday Season.

HERCOMESANTCLAU??

IMG_1665.thumb.jpg.892510ab31aa314f0170a9839ab33370.jpg

Free drink if you can guess which one first. :) 

• I like it 7

53 minutes ago, FacePlant said:

All this talk of Ryes and Wheaters made me want to bring out the big guns to tune up for this glorious and blessed Holiday Season.

HERCOMESANTCLAU??

I might be joining you with a pour of the 2018 WLW later on Face. It‘s been a long day, that started out good, but went downhill when the pressure relief valve on our hot water heater blew. ? Finally got it replaced, but I probably ain’t  gonna have time to make my Xmas fudge this evening. I’m having an after supper, short pour of my Weller Blend right now. ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, FacePlant said:

HERCOMESANTCLAU??

Nice pair!  For whatever reason, I've neve been able to enjoy the THH like I "should".  It's not like I dislike it or anything, but if I were going to design my own whiskey in a lab I'd think this is the set of features I'd want, but I still only land with "pretty good".

1 hour ago, FacePlant said:

HERCOMESANTCLAU??

That's how you do it! I'm guessing Weller first.

2 minutes ago, flahute said:

That's how you do it! I'm guessing Weller first.

I’m hoping you’re wrong, and I’m going with THH for the win!!  ?

Sibling rivalry, and all... ?

Edited by smokinjoe

11 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

but I probably ain’t  gonna have time to make my Xmas fudge this evening. I’m having an after supper, short pour of my Weller Blend right now. ?

Biba! Joe

Oh, if had some of Joe's Weller Blend I wouldn't have to reach to the back of the bar for the BTACs. :) 

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

????

3 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

And the win goes to GA Joe!!!

7 minutes ago, FacePlant said:

And the win goes to GA Joe!!!

Wahooo! ?

• I like it 1

19 hours ago, PaulO said:

I was at the new Total Wine yesterday and everyone was crowded around the mid-tier higher priced NDPs.  I was searching out prices on OF100, WT101, and OGD BIB.  OK, full disclosure, I also checked to see if they had a RR10 Single Barrel.  No, on the latter because it was in the price range of the average shopper.  Yes, on the quality pours on the cheap.  I watched folks grabbing multiples of bottles based on the recommendation of employees.  Not necessarily bad recommendations and many were probably for gifts.

I had OF100 last night.  It is a favorite.  I agree it has gotten seems to get better with each bottle I open.  

Edited by mbroo5880i

Finishing up the weekend with a pour of GBS ECBP 15 yr.  

05D55675-FE6F-49F2-BF7E-E4AEFC5B2077.jpeg

• I like it 5

My first post-Covid pour tonight. Some OWA PS. Was super sweet tasting but I got a little cinnamon red hots and the feel was great. Nose was a little "sour" from what I know OWA to be so hope that comes back better.

• I like it 10

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.