What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

23 minutes ago, Bourbon Boiler said:

Celebrating a Colts win with WB Saffell.  

Great win.  This is the kind of game that typically trips them up.  Jonathan Taylor looked great!   

I celebrated, as if I needed a reason, with OGD BIB.  I was so happy I followed up with a second pour.  I was even more happy so I followed up with a pour of MM101.

• I like it 1

13 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Great win.  This is the kind of game that typically trips them up.  Jonathan Taylor looked great!   

I celebrated, as if I needed a reason, with OGD BIB.  I was so happy I followed up with a second pour.  I was even more happy so I followed up with a pour of MM101.

Both the Colts and Bears with pretty convincing wins today??? :blink: I need another pour. ?

Biba! Joe

5 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Both the Colts and Bears with pretty convincing wins today??? :blink: I need another pour. ?

Biba! Joe

Yes, happy for both.  Many Bears fans in my area.  Do I deserve or need another pour?  I am trying to decide?

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 3

Switching from ER to 2018 WLW. I figured going 2 for 4, or possibly 3 for 4, today ain’t bad. A perfect football Sunday for me would be Colts and Bears wins coupled with Packers and Steelers losses. Nothing personal against the Packers or Steeler's. My brother in law is a cheesehead from Packerland, and is an absolute fanatic. Overly so. It’s close to the same with the Steelers. The difference is the overly zealous Steelers fan is a coworker. He doesn’t talk to me about football much anymore cause I really got him good once. He was going on and on about the Steelers one day when I casually mentioned that my cousins kid played for them. His eyes got really wide and he excitedly asked me who. I replied James Conner. ?

Biba! Joe

On 11/17/2020 at 6:10 PM, Harry in WashDC said:

LOL.  THX.  Sipping on VBT #745 which I just posted.  It IS serious bidness.

I believe the both of you will find it is spelled biznass.

The ex gf was an expert in such matters... 

• I like it 1

On 11/23/2020 at 10:45 PM, flahute said:

If the Weller whore is seeing what I'm seeing in this bourbon then I know it's not just me being an outlier.

I know you two are actually totally helping. But...you're also not helping.

29 minutes ago, The Black Tot said:

I know you two are actually totally helping. But...you're also not helping.

Ya.........you know you need one.

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, soulsea said:

After yesterday's 'unpleasantness'  I am persevering with the KC15 with my afternoon snack.

This is one of my faves of all the 2020 releases, and my favorite KC iteration to date.

IMG-6068.jpg

You learn something new every day... Those peppers are called Padron peppers over here in Europe, i wondered what the difference was...

"Shishito peppers are the East Asian variety of the cultivar and are named because the tips of the peppers resemble the head of a lion—shishi (or jishi) in Japanese. On the other hand, Padrón peppers are from Spanish seed of the cultivar from the municipality of Padrón in northwestern Spain, hence its name.". 

Anywho, was sipping on some 4R Small Batch Select last night. Still not made it over here, I hope it does soon. 

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, markandrex said:

ER is in the glass tonight.

I'm not sure how we end up drinking the same thing at same time, good taste?  I left glass upstairs and at desk found the taller ER bottle with a small bit left, and the perfect bottle size for wrapping hand around for sipping from bottle.  This could prove to be a habit.

• I like it 2

Picked this up after work for $52 and had to crack it open.  I’m not historically a big rye drinker, but this is impressive for 4yrs old!  Grabbing another bottle tomorrow.CF3C45C1-BB6B-4986-9485-14DD32BB1908.thumb.jpeg.634d954cd036e1377a522de94e0187bf.jpeg

• I like it 4

Regular KC 9 year here.  This bottle definitely seemed to improve after it had a little more air space in the bottle.  First pour so - so, tonight yes, very nice.

• I like it 3

Started the evening with the advent calendar, which produced the Knob Creek Maple.  I was really disappointed.  I know I shouldn't expect much from a flavored whiskey, but it was a maple syrup flavor.  I expected a Jack Daniels type smoked maple edge to it.

Moved on to some 2011 or 2012 Willett.  That one doesn't disappoint.  

• I like it 1

34 minutes ago, Radioyada said:

Weller FP SP tonight.

Hey, me too!

Its tasting incredible tonight.

Rich and syrupy, with a nice sweetness.

• I like it 1

Very nice. Was going to have a bitty pour but I keep going back for another "bit". Complex nose, beautiful deep red brown with just the right burn neat.

16080052966958970262886987032473.jpg

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Paddy said:

‘18 GTS, because it’s Monday.?

....and wasn’t that Ravens/Browns game epic!?

Hell yes on both accounts.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Bourbon Boiler said:

Started the evening with the advent calendar, which produced the Knob Creek Maple.  I was really disappointed.  I know I shouldn't expect much from a flavored whiskey, but it was a maple syrup flavor.  I expected a Jack Daniels type smoked maple edge to it.

Moved on to some 2011 or 2012 Willett.  That one doesn't disappoint.  

Pour some of that in your maple syrup the next time you have pancakes.

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, flahute said:

Hell yes on both accounts.

One of the best games I have seen in a long time!    I sipped my newly acquired Russell's Reserve 2003 - WOW.   Low proof, Large taste.

8 hours ago, flahute said:

Pour some of that in your maple syrup the next time you have pancakes.

That's what it is, 90 proof maple syrup.  

19 hours ago, Nm0369 said:

Picked this up after work for $52 and had to crack it open.  I’m not historically a big rye drinker, but this is impressive for 4yrs old!  Grabbing another bottle tomorrow.

I avoid young expensive whiskey, but Smooth Ambler impresses.  I've several bottles and enjoyed each.

2018 WLW. It was a long frustrating day at work. Got home from work and had a telephone “appointment” to  get some paperwork filled out in regards to my time off work for shoulder surgery. Have I mentioned before that I hate paperwork? ?. Well I hate paperwork.?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 6

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.