What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Winter 2020)

Wedelstaedt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I’m having a couple of pours of Weller SR tonight. Cheers to one and all, especially LCWoody and Buddy!

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

Everything just seems to taste good tonight,  everything's just tasting ripe and savory.    Maybe a new year does make a difference!

I'm ending the evening with a Buffalo Trace  Kosher Straight Rye,   just a delicious dram.    Here's to Kentucky-style rye,  where the  righteous balance between rye spice and corn sweet is achieved.   

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Tonight is a great example why your palate can change day-to-day.  Last night I had a couple of pours of WR mixed in with a few other pours.  It was just average.  I noted the typical copper "metallic" note others have identified.  Tonight, on the other hand, it is just singing.  Both observations are based on first pours of the night.  I was thinking I was going to move on but I think I will just work on this bottle tonight.

I've noticed that too about WR.    Sometimes it's meh,  but in the correct state of relaxation and jazz,  it croons its sweet seduction.   

• I like it 1

Watching the HBO John Adams series with the wife and Booker’s 2020-03 Pigskin. Both are excellent on this first day of 2021

• I like it 2

Enjoying 1792 12yr. It is a little thin. But still packed with flavor. 

Happy New Year

On 12/31/2020 at 10:01 PM, mbroo5880i said:

Congratulations on the family health victory!  I don't have a dog in the fight on the OU-FLA game but I would pick the Sooners both because it is the Cotton Bowl and I used to follow them more closely back when Barry Switzer was the coach.

Thank you for the kind words and well wishes.  We sure got good news. A nice way to  get a head start  on 2021. 

As far as The Sooners are concerned, it was nice to finish the season with a victory.  I would have liked to see both teams at full strength.

As a child I started following OU, when Barry was the coach. I have been a fan of The King and The Sooners since. 

Cheers

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, flahute said:

Celebrating a Buckeyes victory with some PVW15.  What say you @Phil T !!!!! 

Oh hell yeah!!! Pretty darn impressive!!!

O H 

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Phil T said:

Oh hell yeah!!! Pretty darn impressive!!!

O H 

I O

What a Win!

I went straight into my Booker's 30th after that victory!

• I like it 3

Had a pour of Jim Beam Bonded while watching the Alabama-Notre Dame game.

Had a pour of my blend of OWA and Weller 12yr while watching Ohio State-Clemson.

Looks like it will be a great championship game next week.

• I like it 1

23 minutes ago, geclbxf said:

I O

What a Win!

I went straight into my Booker's 30th after that victory!

A great victory deserves a great bourbon!

Well done sir!!

Edited by Phil T
  • I like it 1

Some guy in Indiana who bet $1.3M to win $1.1M+ on OSU +7.5 probably drank something good last night.......

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, parksmart said:

Some guy in Indiana who bet $1.3M to win $1.1M+ on OSU +7.5 probably drank something good last night.......

Wow.........I bet he did!

So I am enjoying my Christmas presents catching up on reading some Kenucky History (Breathitt county, specifically) and some PVW15.01B3CC2B-88F5-4804-9157-8100B1352572_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.22960305e407b7262c2e6dcd1dbcb21a.jpeg

• I like it 4

20 hours ago, LCWoody said:

I forgot....

His name is Buddy. 
41425504-9A84-4643-9181-0770762F6900.thumb.jpeg.051f582493cbfebb9a110dbab9dc5402.jpeg

That was the name of my childhood German Shepard.

• I like it 1

21 hours ago, LCWoody said:

I forgot....

His name is Buddy. 
41425504-9A84-4643-9181-0770762F6900.thumb.jpeg.051f582493cbfebb9a110dbab9dc5402.jpeg

Ah man, that is one cute pup!  🥰

• I like it 1

17 hours ago, flahute said:

Congratulations! :( 
Fields played a hail of a game. The whole team did. See y’all again soon I’m sure. 

I’m alternating between some OF rye and MMCS. It’s highlighting their differences splendidly. 

• I like it 1

18 hours ago, flahute said:

11th ranked my ...  Dabo was just hoping to not have what happened happen. 

I am not really an Indiana Hoosiers football fan but I wish OSU and IU could have played a second game for the B1G championship.  A kid from my community (small HS) is one of IU's top offensive players.

Now, I am hoping for a Buckeye win over the The Tide.  Sorry, to our Tide members, but I have to stick with the B1G.

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, parksmart said:

Since sports wagering became legal in Indiana, there has been some crazy bets.  Some guy won big money early in December when he took the Washington Football Team and points versus the Steelers.  I believe his take was $500k.  Some guys live in a different world than the rest of us.  Or, maybe not.  Who knows he could be a member of our forum. 

8 hours ago, StarSurfer55 said:

So I am enjoying my Christmas presents catching up on reading some Kenucky History (Breathitt county, specifically) and some PVW15.01B3CC2B-88F5-4804-9157-8100B1352572_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.22960305e407b7262c2e6dcd1dbcb21a.jpeg

Nice!  Great bourbon and interesting books.  I have family from Eastern KY. 

Edited by mbroo5880i

1 hour ago, CUfan99 said:

Congratulations! :( 
Fields played a hail of a game. The whole team did. See y’all again soon I’m sure. 

I’m alternating between some OF rye and MMCS. It’s highlighting their differences splendidly. 

Well Clemson has owned us as of late so I can't crow too loudly! We will see each other again for sure.

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

11th ranked my ...  Dabo was just hoping to not have what happened happen. 

I am not really an Indiana Hoosiers football fan but I wish OSU and IU could have played a second game for the B1G championship.  A kid from my community (small HS) is one of IU's top offensive players.

Now, I am hoping for a Buckeye win over the The Tide.  Sorry, to our Tide members, but I have to stick with the B1G.

LOL! Dabo provided some bulletin board material for sure!

I have to say that IU looked pretty dangerous this year.  They definitely gave OSU a challenging game. A rematch would have been great.

Super fun when a local kid has an important role on the local team!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.