What Bourbon Are You Drinking? 2021:First Quarter.

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

16 hours ago, Kane said:

I sound like a broken record at this point, but I’ll say it again. I haven’t seen a second bottle of this since my first purchase in 2017. It’s insane. For once I’m ready to pull the clear-the-shelves move whenever I spot it, please don’t judge. 

No judgement here! 😉

23 hours ago, Kane said:

... For once I’m ready to pull the clear-the-shelves move whenever I spot it, please don’t judge. 

I used to be very polite leaving material for others to enjoy.  But after being burnt over and over again, including case of Stitzel Lot B, no more.  Grab it.

Tonight thought to do bunch of eclectics but not sure where it's going.

Had:

Thomas Moore Chardonnay finish (1792 with chardonnay)

Abraham Bowman Port Finish (BT with port)

Woodford Reserve Malt Whiskey (like their past collectors series)

The Moore is great, not worth the $70 tag but anyone looking at these products not concerned with $$.  I'll probably get more in the series.

Woodford Malt really fun.  It's world unto itself.  If you've not had it, try it.

Bowman Port seems like BT with little extra.  Though I liked the others better, I kept refilling with this.  So now thinking I'll just finish evening with boring normal rather than wilder stuff.

22 hours ago, B.B. Babington said:

Thomas Moore Chardonnay finish (1792 with chardonnay)

The Moore is great, not worth the $70 tag but anyone looking at these products not concerned with $$.  I'll probably get more in the series.

Glad to hear you enjoyed this.  Might have to keep an eye out.

One of my favorites from a couple years back was Amador "10 barrels" finished in chardonnay casks.

Supposedly 10 year Barton bourbon.

It was stupid expensive ($100+), but so good!

I saw they released it again recently as a 12 year old and upped the price slightly.

I've been really fighting myself to not get one.

Also, just because the last batch was good doesn't mean this batch will be.

(shrug)

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

Glad to hear you enjoyed this.  Might have to keep an eye out.

One of my favorites from a couple years back was Amador "10 barrels" finished in chardonnay casks.

Supposedly 10 year Barton bourbon.

It was stupid expensive ($100+), but so good!

I saw they released it again recently as a 12 year old and upped the price slightly.

I've been really fighting myself to not get one.

Also, just because the last batch was good doesn't mean this batch will be.

(shrug)

I liked their double barrel release. Although it’s only 4 years old including finishing. I don’t remember it tasting young though with the wine finish.

On 3/21/2021 at 6:36 PM, WhiskeyBlender said:

That was a great batch, that #9, @Kepler! Glad you're enjoying it. 

FYI, I've got some JMCB batches that will be coming out soon that are going to be between the 127 to 130+ range in proof. If I recall, batch #9 is somewhere around 112 or so? 

Cheers,

Nancy

The bottle says 58.77 so 117 proof.  I'll be keeping a lookout for those new batches.  This one sure is great.  Happy to see you back, hope you continue to get better! 😀

Found a EC BP A120 on the shelf today... HAD to try it after everyone calling it a hot mess on YouTube throughout 2020.

Having some great bourbon by a fire. Can’t remember what it is but it’s good. 
ABC39833-0658-4051-AAF1-780FBACFB914.thumb.jpeg.71935756e3e827c1688aba8d6f1091d1.jpeg

• I like it 6

22 hours ago, LvR Mike said:

Found a EC BP A120 on the shelf today... HAD to try it after everyone calling it a hot mess on YouTube throughout 2020.

I've long since stopped believing the hype.  Sure, listen, but judge yourself.  Way back "people" said ECBP #2 was poorer.  I bought 3 cases.  Who's laughing now?

With that said, theirs recent lot ECBP (I forget number) that consensus says is great but I found mildly tolerable.

Okay, it might be I have poor taste.

Hey, if you find A120 not to liking, it's education.

21 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

Well, if ya can't remember what it was, either it or the company was very good.

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, B.B. Babington said:

Well, if ya can't remember what it was, either it or the company was very good.

It was an EC store pick. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2021 at 4:49 PM, LCWoody said:

Some Murray Hill Club Batch #5 tonight, MHC has been one of my go too bourbons over the past year or two. I just picked up a Batch #20 recently and looking forward to trying it soon. 

how did that MHC batch 20 end up vs. other batches you have tried? Just got a first bottle and am looking forward to trying it once I get back from our road trip.

3 hours ago, steven s said:

how did that MHC batch 20 end up vs. other batches you have tried? Just got a first bottle and am looking forward to trying it once I get back from our road trip.

Batch 20 is really good, 5 and 16 are two of my favorites. Some of the batches you can't tell one from the other. The good thing is that all the ones I have been able to find have been really good.  

• I like it 1

I’m having my first experience with Wilderness Trail and I’m amazed so far. A 5 year 5 month 117 proof single barrel has a light nose but is a caramel and dark berry flavor bomb. I’m really impressed.  I had to go to the “big” city to get it but hopefully I can try to convince my local to carry it.

• I like it 1

I am having an early week pour.  Ok, actually, two of MM101.  Work has been hectic and today one of my boyhood and adult idols, Bobby "Slick" Leonard passed away.  Anyone from Indy or who lives or lived in Indy is probably familiar with Slick and what he meant to the city and State of Indiana.  He lived a great life and will be dearly missed  by many.  

• I like it 3

5 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

I am having an early week pour.  Ok, actually, two of MM101.  Work has been hectic and today one of my boyhood and adult idols, Bobby "Slick" Leonard passed away.  Anyone from Indy or who lives or lived in Indy is probably familiar with Slick and what he meant to the city and State of Indiana.  He lived a great life and will be dearly missed  by many.  

I saw the news about Bobby Leonard too. The memories came flooding back. I went to a lot of Pacer games back in the day. Good times. A toast with my 21 Weller Blend in the glass. RIP “Slick”.

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I saw the news about Bobby Leonard too. The memories came flooding back. I went to a lot of Pacer games back in the day. Good times. A toast with my 21 Weller Blend in the glass. RIP “Slick”.

Biba! Joe

My fondest memory was the telethon in '78 to save the franchise.  The old ABA was crazy times.  

On 3/27/2021 at 8:23 PM, LCWoody said:

That usually doesn't happen to me until the next day.

I started off with a pour that just didn’t trip my trigger. Sadly, down the drain it went. 🙁 To see if it was me or my taste buds being off, I now have Weller SR in my glass. Ahhhhhh, all good now! 😋

Biba! Joe

On 4/14/2021 at 5:02 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

I started off with a pour that just didn’t trip my trigger. Sadly, down the drain it went. 🙁 To see if it was me or my taste buds being off, I now have Weller SR in my glass. Ahhhhhh, all good now! 😋

Biba! Joe

nice to have that baseline, calibration, reset, is my taste off tonight? pour. when that doesn't hit right, you know something's off

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.