What Bourbon Are You Drinking? 2021:First Quarter.

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked this up on sale for $30 a short while ago & have been liking it more & more each time I have it. Nose reminds me a lot of OF1910.
3427B05A-581D-42EA-8C39-D9DF0C1DC63C.thumb.jpeg.5582de9cbcb95e1e8da86457383fa6fa.jpeg

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, LCWoody said:

126E63E3-4C6D-47D9-A09C-3E567ECA883B.thumb.jpeg.a018e471afbe5f720e6312de9d20553c.jpeg

Buddy.. already loves a fire. 

Something tells me that scraps of meat are involved.  They don't forget something like that.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Weller SR in the glass tonight. With fond regards to Vosgar, “Same as it ever was.” 😋

Biba! Joe

For having Monday off, it was an extremely long and 🤬 week at work. More of the same seems in the offing for the foreseeable future. 😒 The good news is, we had an appointment today after work with our wonderful tax lady. Thankfully, we’re getting a refund. 😬

What started with Weller SR, turned into the Weller ladder. What can I say? SR, 2021 Blend, 2018 Blend, CYPB,  PS FP, and 2017 WLW. 😎

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, Kjbarth said:

Drinking in the basement workshop, huh...😉 Nice!

actually the garage, which I converted to a "dad's space" zone after both daughters got covid back in november, and my wife and I decided to self-quarantine in the house. I remember her saying: "you should just make the garage your zone". I had been wanting to do just that, but thought that it may be a big ask. I got started the next day, and it has been the best thing to come out of this covid bs for me. rubber floor, family gear and random storage, freezer, frig, bike and snowboard/ski tuning stations, stereo, drum kit, small TV. Oh yeah, and a closet with shelves for guess what....

• I like it 6

and i forgot to mention, after the ORVW10 and OWA sat for a while, I felt the former improved more than the latter.

3 hours ago, LCWoody said:

126E63E3-4C6D-47D9-A09C-3E567ECA883B.thumb.jpeg.a018e471afbe5f720e6312de9d20553c.jpeg

That is one good look'n Yellow there. Jealous. 

Cheers

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, LCWoody said:

That is a wonderful photo.

• I like it 1

I'm listening to the ridiculously beautiful Bill Frisell record Valentine and sipping a Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit.   Is all the work worth it for these small moments of transcendent bliss? 

It will do.

• I like it 3

23 minutes ago, Wedelstaedt said:

That is one good look'n Yellow there. Jealous. 

Cheers

He is a Golden, but I know what you mean.......

2 hours ago, LCWoody said:

He is a Golden, but I know what you mean.......

Oops, I see it now, I guess I had to much Rye in my eye. Well egg on my face. My apologies to Buddy. 

;-))

Edited by Wedelstaedt
Added
  • I like it 2

17 hours ago, Cmont44 said:

Jack Daniels Barrel Proof Store Pick

IMG_4803.thumb.jpg.55f2e9f9c20d186c238285f67a871bd6.jpgx!

This is hands-down, one of the best barrel-proofers out there, especially for the price, (South of $70.00 here in the Baltimore Metro area). Why the taters haven't ruined this is beyond me.....

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • I like it 2

15 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

This is hands-down, one of the best barrel-proofers out there, especially for the price, (South of $70.00 here in the Baltimore Metro area). 

It really is terrific whiskey.  👍🏻

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

This is hands-down, one of the best barrel-proofers out there, especially for the price, (South of $70.00 here in the Baltimore Metro area). Why the taters haven't ruined this is beyond me.....

I think most taters are a pretentious folk. If it’s not Kentucky bourbon, or finished in some way, or hasn’t won some awards its mostly overlooked. 

• I like it 1

WTRB 116.8 after babysitting the grandbabies while daughter #2 and hubby had a nice dinner ALONE in Harvard Square.  Think I need another as I have half a sleeve of Thin Mints sitting next to me now that we're home!  😋

• I like it 5

On 3/19/2021 at 7:59 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

Weller SR in the glass tonight. With fond regards to Vosgar, “Same as it ever was.” 😋

Biba! Joe

Hhhhm.  Looking at about 3/4 inch of Joe's Weller Blend, Gary's Batch 100.2 proof which I cannot bring myself to finish.  Looking for a suitable event - Opening Day win by the Nats over the Mets might count.  Or maybe our 48th wedding anniversary which will happen eight days after my wife's 74th birthday - we plan on celebrating by getting burgers at our favorite restaurant which we haven't been to since FEB 2020.  Got all our shots as of 17 March so we'll be just fine.  Did I mention it has a good bourbon selection AND is five blocks from our house?

In the mean time, I've been sipping on JAM with plenty of ice to ease my sore muscles after a day of pulling honey suckle, dead cherry tree, and wild black berry canes out of a fifty year old Rhododenron - the same rhodo my avatar is sitting in. 

• I like it 5

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

WTRB 116.8 after babysitting the grandbabies while daughter #2 and hubby had a nice dinner ALONE in Harvard Square.  Think I need another as I have half a sleeve of Thin Mints sitting next to me now that we're home!  😋

FWIW, the neighborhood Girl Scouts know I am good for at least one Thin Mint box apiece from EACH Scout who knocks but no fair knocking more than once a day.  Wine fridge in the basement holds A LOT!!

• I like it 2

5 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I have never - in maybe a dozen releases - had even ONE JDSiBP that mildly disappointed.  Never had a store pick of it, but I am not sure how much better a store pick could be.

• I like it 3

Second session with the two year old Bourbon I basically got by mistake.  It's not bad, but won't be replaced.  Next time, I will take a jewelers loop or magnifying glass with me to TW.  Finding an age statement on a label can be like one of those Where's Waldo books.  If I see a Bourbon brand only they sell - caveat emptor.  

Meanwhile, I'm quite satisfied with beer, Scotch, and Tequila from the place.

• I like it 2

I've been AWOL for awhile working too much. I pretty much drink WT101 and WT101Rye. And I love it. So simple. So classic. So good. And no running around looking for a decent deal which doesn't seem to exist anymore. 

• I like it 2

Enjoyed some nice pours for my birthday today.

And a great “to-go” cocktail with our dinner.

🥳 🎂 🥃

9A8F64A0-B8C5-4DBD-9A55-820456250BCC.jpeg

92E31875-7543-42DC-81B9-DF776A45F047.jpeg

DA26EA58-C0C3-44F9-B8F3-EC2968C07E7E.jpeg

1260CEA7-6AA9-462F-BA51-3357D2B0636A.jpeg

C277CAB6-699B-476B-A2DA-F994899D8C16.jpeg

• I like it 11

38 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Enjoyed some nice pours for my birthday today.

And a great “to-go” cocktail with our dinner.

🥳 🎂 🥃

Those are some incredible pours. That's the way it's done! Happy bday sir!

• I like it 2

Victory Cigar. Batch 9.  OU won its game in the tourney today. Gotta celebrate this one, because we get the pleasure of playing Gonzaga next 😐

20210320_222525.jpg

Edited by Kepler
added pic
  • I like it 6

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.