What Bourbon Are You Drinking? 2021:First Quarter.

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A heavy pour of MM BU 1-3.  I found a box with  five of these in it in the back of a closet. Life is good.

So this has changed quite a bit since it was first opened.

When we cracked it, liquid peanut butter.

Now it is a weird and wonderful blend of funk and red fruits.

Fantastic!

FD66D33F-B220-491C-91BA-B4CFB1F6AA07.jpeg

• I like it 3

HMcK10 wasn’t hitting out of the park straight so I turned it into an old fashioned that really complemented my first outdoor grilled chicken of the year. Now revisiting the ORVW that was agreeable with me last night. So far so good!

Edited by BigSkyDrams
  • I like it 3

On 3/11/2021 at 7:31 PM, CardsandBourbon said:

RR SiB it is.  Good choice.

Saved me having to stand there and try to decide which of the 70 or so bottles I have open to have a pour from.  Thanks Kjbarth.

RR SiB is some good stuff!

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

Fantastic!

I took the wrong bottle of the 3, didn't I? 

• I like it 1

54 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

I wouldn’t describe it that way.

Ill save you some. 🥃

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, Jfletchgu said:

13032B93-9BED-49F0-AA39-571DEAFE60B7.jpeg

Is that some dusty Very Old Barton 8 I see in the background. 🧐

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

No such thing as a wrong bottle - only maybe "just not the best".  🤪

• I like it 3

13 hours ago, Kjbarth said:

Copying the OF1920. 2nd pour while grilling 7.5lb tenderloin low and slow on Weber kettle 22 

Beef? 

Edit: nevermind!  

Edited by Skinsfan1311

15 hours ago, flahute said:

Every time. 

I keep thinking, "this time will be different"...

• I like it 2

7 minutes ago, fosmith said:

I keep thinking, "this time will be different"...

I too, have an oar in that canoe. 🤔😬🤯

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

18 hours ago, 0895 said:

Fantastic!

I have a bottle of this that I’ve been slowly consuming since it was released. Easily one of the best RR Sib picks I’ve had.

• I like it 2

Just good old OF100 the last couple of evenings following soccer.  This bottle has the nice cherry and light oak profile that I enjoy.  Watching a little Home Town and relaxing after a long weekend.

• I like it 3

On 3/13/2021 at 6:24 PM, Kjbarth said:

Copying the OF1920. 2nd pour while grilling 7.5lb tenderloin low and slow on Weber kettle 22 w/SnS.

I commend you on your choices, both very excellent!!!!  OF1920 is great, currently my regular pour.  And Weber kettle is the only way to go.  Though your skills probably better than mine, these days I don't drink and drive nor do I drink and grill, otherwise the meat might be charcoal, too.

• I like it 2

IMG_7028.thumb.jpg.8ce7816a4d27834dfb8c795e78a94389.jpgWe had more overnight snow here than we have had in a couple of years, and the skiing/snowboarding was fantastic. Of course then I was reluctantly prepared to shovel 2 feet of snow from 2 decks and my driveway when I got home exhausted. I found that wife and a daughter had spent an hour on it and had it 90% done! A special day deserved a special pour(s). A W12 was such a nice, light, sweet start. Love this and I wish I had more. Next up was

an OFSBBS fresh crack. Immediately reminded me of the bright red small valentines day cinnamon candies I had as a kid that started hot and turned into sweet goodness. Looking forward to seeing how this bottle evolves. Will enjoy one more of these with a chip of ice, then consider my options. cheers all!

Edited by steven s
  • I like it 8

8 hours ago, steven s said:

IMG_7028.thumb.jpg.8ce7816a4d27834dfb8c795e78a94389.jpgWe had more overnight snow here than we have had in a couple of years, and the skiing/snowboarding was fantastic. Of course then I was reluctantly prepared to shovel 2 feet of snow from 2 decks and my driveway when I got home exhausted. I found that wife and a daughter had spent an hour on it and had it 90% done! A special day deserved a special pour(s). A W12 was such a nice, light, sweet start. Love this and I wish I had more. Next up was

an OFSBBS fresh crack. Immediately reminded me of the bright red small valentines day cinnamon candies I had as a kid that started hot and turned into sweet goodness. Looking forward to seeing how this bottle evolves. Will enjoy one more of these with a chip of ice, then consider my options. cheers all!

The Warehouse K picks all (3) have been great to me... Hoping more stores have picks coming because my bottles are getting low.

This may be the only bottle of my opened, which cannot be describe without using the dreaded word, "smooth". It just is!!!

At a bit over 104 proof, it drinks like a 90 proofer; absolutely no burn!

You do however, have to be prepare for the Barrell Bourbon Funk which can only be describes as dirty mushrooms. I have tasted it in every BB sampled. This one is quite heavy.

20210315_161201.thumb.jpg.9b278634f7623d1929af6aecce95951b.jpg

• I like it 1

On 3/13/2021 at 10:16 PM, PaulO said:

Is that some dusty Very Old Barton 8 I see in the background. 🧐

I wish. It's just an old bottle I use as a decanter.

• I like it 2

15 hours ago, bayouredd said:

This may be the only bottle of my opened, which cannot be describe without using the dreaded word, "smooth". It just is!!!

At a bit over 104 proof, it drinks like a 90 proofer; absolutely no burn!

You do however, have to be prepare for the Barrell Bourbon Funk which can only be describes as dirty mushrooms. I have tasted it in every BB sampled. This one is quite heavy.

I think those Barrell SiB store picks are Dickel sourced.  At least the one I have is.  It's from Third Base Market and the label states "distilled in Tennessee" and it has that hint of vitamin minerality.  I don't find that objectionable at all and am really enjoying my bottle.  Very complex and, yes, smooth...

1 hour ago, fosmith said:

I think those Barrell SiB store picks are Dickel sourced.  At least the one I have is.  It's from Third Base Market and the label states "distilled in Tennessee" and it has that hint of vitamin minerality.  I don't find that objectionable at all and am really enjoying my bottle.  Very complex and, yes, smooth...

I do believe you are right!!! Never noticed before but TN is right on the label. I do have to be in the mood for the "vitamins" or it just doesn't hit. Everything else about it is primo...

I got home from work today and started climbing the MM “step” ladder this evening. ^_^ I started with MM 46. Good. Next was my CS/MM Blend. Pretty darned good. In the glass now is MM 101. Very good. :P What can I say? Weller Whore or Wheater Whore, it’s all wheater good! 😁

Biba! Joe 

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.