What Bourbon Are You Drinking? 2021:First Quarter.

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

5 hours ago, 0895 said:

Sorry to hear you haven't had much luck locating a bottle....

I tried to at least help with the glass (from a local distillery) but they are sold out as well....

I've long been enamored with aged turkey.  all are good, most are at least super great, and some are unbelievable.  easy access to premium turkey is the biggest thing I miss since bourbon boom made things difficult.  and that is a way cool glass.  you've good taste.  

• I like it 2

Had four "test" pours and nothing seemed to be hitting the right mark.  Turned to my solera bottle for a pour while watching NCAA games.  This one works.

• I like it 1

On 3/17/2021 at 6:09 PM, markandrex said:

Bakers SmB

It was good last night, it will be great tonight!🥃

• I like it 2

23 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Open a bottle that you just bought in the parking lot, pour a tiny bit into a plastic cup and try it. 

If you like it,  go back in the store and buy more.  If not, you only dropped money on one bottle.  

😁

I call this the "Redneck Barrel Pick"

edit: I wouldn't have a name for it if I didn't do it too.

Edited by The Black Tot
  • I like it 4

4 minutes ago, The Black Tot said:

I love it!  

1 hour ago, The Black Tot said:

I NEVERNEVER take a picture, though.  Too afraid I'll spill.:o  How would I explain bourbon on my pants?😉  Wife has stopped asking why I have a half dozen small plastic cups in the console.

• I like it 3

6 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

I NEVERNEVER take a picture, though.  Too afraid I'll spill.:o  How would I explain bourbon on my pants?😉  Wife has stopped asking why I have a half dozen small plastic cups in the console.

Who needs plastic cups? Just keep the paper bag wrapped tightly around the bottle.  

• I like it 4

Hope everyone’s doing well!

It’s been a crazy couple of months involving many life changes (all positive!). But now I make my return with the bourbon that started it all. Cheers!

317782E3-BC7E-4AF8-B7B4-96F8D92E9D00.jpeg

• I like it 11

Finished off a store pick Larceny (just a splash) then followed it up with an EC NAS I opened recently. This bottle must be better than the last one; I've yet to think, 'Nah'; mostly I think, why aren't I drinking more of this?!?

• I like it 1

Starting the afternoon off with some KC 12y. Really good bourbon.  My son is home from college and is having his buddies over tonight, so they want me to cook some pork steaks for them. Hmmmmmm, a resin to start a fire. :rolleyes:
DA3226A4-5FD0-4AD3-BCF8-B24D54D14F45.thumb.jpeg.07f440c8e6d15e11d06aa2b16dc121ca.jpeg

Edited by LCWoody
  • I like it 8

46 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

Starting the afternoon off with some KC 12y. Really good bourbon.  My son is home from college and is having his buddies over tonight, so they want me to cook some pork steaks for them. Hmmmmmm, a resin to start a fire. :rolleyes:
DA3226A4-5FD0-4AD3-BCF8-B24D54D14F45.thumb.jpeg.07f440c8e6d15e11d06aa2b16dc121ca.jpeg

Good stuff

• I like it 1

Weller SR in the glass tonight. With fond regards to Vosgar, “Same as it ever was.” 😋

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

10 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

Fire.......

Buddy? :huh:

23 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

image.thumb.jpg.ed3d9f207e9b69e6993b88329726d844.jpgFire.......

Nice.  Now, I’m lookin’ for them grunts, Lloyd!!  😄

• I like it 1

11 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

126E63E3-4C6D-47D9-A09C-3E567ECA883B.thumb.jpeg.a018e471afbe5f720e6312de9d20553c.jpeg

Buddy.. already loves a fire. 

What a great picture!  👍 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Kjbarth said:

HMcK BiB with some cashews. 

Followed by some OF 1920 after dinner

• I like it 1

my first van winkle of any sort. Appropriate that I got some "baby pappy" I guess. A bar owner friend sold me the last third of a bottle he had for a very fair price. This comparison is very close. as expected the ORVW 10 was a little more rounded and refined, with a touch less ethanol nose and taste. Still, they are very close. Good stuff, but not magic by any means. I would never pay even close to what the "market" demands for these.

IMG_7056.jpeg

• I like it 9

22 minutes ago, steven s said:

my first van winkle of any sort. Appropriate that I got some "baby pappy" I guess. A bar owner friend sold me the last third of a bottle he had for a very fair price. This comparison is very close. as expected the ORVW 10 was a little more rounded and refined, with a touch less ethanol nose and taste. Still, they are very close. Good stuff, but not magic by any means. I would never pay even close to what the "market" demands for these.

IMG_7056.jpeg

Drinking in the basement workshop, huh...😉 Nice!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.