What bourbon did you purchase today (Spring 2021)

dcbt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up some basics today,, nothing fancy.  An EC store pick, a Larceny store pick, a couple bottles of Old Tub and a HW Rendezvous Rye from '16.  

• I like it 3

5 hours ago, DeepCover said:

I really liked the IV release. How does it stack up?

4 hours ago, DeepCover said:

I really liked the IV release. How does it stack up?

Since you asked twice, I guess I’ll open it.

😁

• I like it 3

7 hours ago, Kepler said:

Picked up some basics today,, nothing fancy -  a HW Rendezvous Rye from '16.  

Nothing fancy???  That bottle was still the blend of the 6yr and 18yr MGP, IIRC!  Hooked me on HW, particularly the HWMWND.  Last 3 years, after tasting before I bought, an easy pass on all.  🤬     

• I like it 3

10 hours ago, 0895 said:

Since you asked twice, I guess I’ll open it.

😁

Haha nice, he really twisted your arm there 😃

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Nothing fancy???  That bottle was still the blend of the 6yr and 18yr MGP, IIRC!  Hooked me on HW, particularly the HWMWND.  Last 3 years, after tasting before I bought, an easy pass on all.  🤬     

So I thought 2016 and below was the 6 year mgp, and 16 year old Barton. The 2017 was the last of the tanked 16 year Barton with 5-18 year mgp. And 2018+ was their own distillate and 6 year mgp. But I may be incorrect.

IMG_20210731_124058.jpg

18 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Nice pick ups.  Where in Florida do you live? My wife and I used to visit friends near Ft. Meyers fairly often. 

Biba! Joe

I’m in Saint Augustine.  Sadly it’s hard to get good bottles here so I usually do my shopping when I travel.  

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Mattk said:

So I thought 2016 and below was the 6 year mgp, and 16 year old Barton. The 2017 was the last of the tanked 16 year Barton with 5-18 year mgp. And 2018+ was their own distillate and 6 year mgp. But I may be incorrect.

IMG_20210731_124058.jpg

Ha ha - you maybe right.  But they screwed the pooch and I ain't buying anymore.  And they must know since the HW Club didn't send me a coffee cup or whiskey glass for Christmas this year either!   🤬

• I like it 3

Today's offerings. An old friend knows I've become quite the Turkey fan and was nice enough to spare one of his Forgiven bottles. The Weller for North Fl is also a hard one to find. Had to get the Longbranch to add to the Turkey collection. 

20210731_161509.jpg

Edited by Edd
  • I like it 2

3 hours ago, Edd said:

Today's offerings. An old friend knows I've become quite the Turkey fan and was nice enough to spare one of his Forgiven bottles. The Weller for North Fl is also a hard one to find. Had to get the Longbranch to add to the Turkey collection. 

20210731_161509.jpg

Nice!! I never see good bottles in my area of FL. 

21 hours ago, Kepler said:

Picked up some basics today,, nothing fancy.  An EC store pick, a Larceny store pick, a couple bottles of Old Tub and a HW Rendezvous Rye from '16.  

A 2016 Rendezvous Rye counts as a fantastic dusty find!

• I like it 2

7 hours ago, Mattk said:

6 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Ha ha - you maybe right.  But they screwed the pooch and I ain't buying anymore.  And they must know since the HW Club didn't send me a coffee cup or whiskey glass for Christmas this year either!   🤬

I think Matt is correct.

And yeah! I didn’t get anything from HW last year for Christmas either. 🤬

Just for that I’m boycotting buying all their current releases…. 😂😂😂

• I like it 1

Reloaded my WT101 with a handle, a 4RSiB, and one the new Rebel (no Yell) 10yr. Curious to see if it stacks up to the great ones from the early runs.

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, flahute said:

Reloaded my WT101 with a handle, a 4RSiB, and one the new Rebel (no Yell) 10yr. Curious to see if it stacks up to the great ones from the early runs.

I'm also curious about the Rebel 10 yr.  I have enjoyed several bottles of the old RY10.  I look forward to reading your tasting comments when you get around to opening it.

18 hours ago, flahute said:

Let us know! I have been on the lookout for this since 1st heard to no avail...

Visiting the parents in the “Live Free or Die” state and of course had to visit state liquor outlet #1. Had 4RYL on sale so picked up a spare handle and some orange bitters.

EBDE885E-23A8-4B7E-8964-D16AD027F7F9.thumb.jpeg.5332f9f077874f0e3ffc102884c468a7.jpeg

On 8/1/2021 at 1:10 AM, Swamp55 said:

I'm also curious about the Rebel 10 yr.  I have enjoyed several bottles of the old RY10.  I look forward to reading your tasting comments when you get around to opening it.

On 8/1/2021 at 12:32 PM, bayouredd said:

Let us know! I have been on the lookout for this since 1st heard to no avail...

So far very solid. Not at the level of the best early ones but certainly better than the bad early ones. My palate has been off the past few days so I don't know if I'm all the way back or only part way back so I'll keep revisiting. 

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, beasled said:

Haven't seen this for a while so I grabbed a couple whilst I still could.

20210803_160119~3.jpg

Holy smokes! Simone was sitting on these for a bit…. Hope they didn’t ding ya up too bad. Those are pre 2019 screw tops. Can’t drink those… better keep looking for one you can open 🤣

U

On 7/31/2021 at 3:32 PM, Edd said:

20210731_161509.jpg

Has anyone ever done a Forgiven knockoff using the Russell’s 10yr bourbon and 6 year rye?

Coworker went home to Japan and picked these up.  This is from Amazon prime there and like $40 a bottle.  Seems dangerous.

10E40800-F0C6-42FA-8DBA-0E9EF32BD503.jpeg

• I like it 12

9 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Coworker went home to Japan and picked these up.  This is from Amazon prime there and like $40 a bottle.  Seems dangerous.

10E40800-F0C6-42FA-8DBA-0E9EF32BD503.jpeg

$40 a bottle for those two? Yes that's dangerous. Very dangerous. My credit card bill would have the wife pulling me aside for a chat.

7 hours ago, flahute said:

$40 a bottle for those two? Yes that's dangerous. Very dangerous. My credit card bill would have the wife pulling me aside for a chat.

Me and you both.  I could see my coworker under valuing how much it is.  He’s really nice and I insisted on paying for them.  Might need to check Amazon.JP.

13 hours ago, flahute said:

image.png.29d7edc11f452a7054eff56d067adb9e.png

image.png.594b0bf85222de88c377f47cb25ccdb8.png

About $39 for the EW12 and $65 for the WT13.  But...the plane tix too/from Japan are the expensive parts!

• I like it 2

6 hours ago, Clueby said:

image.png.29d7edc11f452a7054eff56d067adb9e.png

image.png.594b0bf85222de88c377f47cb25ccdb8.png

About $39 for the EW12 and $65 for the WT13.  But...the plane tix too/from Japan are the expensive parts!

DAMN. Cases of the EW12 would be in my trunk.

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.