What bourbon did you purchase today (Spring 2021)

dcbt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, flahute said:

Why yes I do! Waited a year for this to come back to the shelves so stocking up this time.

I need to look out for it.  Might not of hit Texas yet.

I drove out to the 'burbs to pick up an order for my wife, and the store happened to be next to that national chain that I very rarely get to visit. I was most excited that they had Arches Sprezzatura Italian Pilsner still in stock as it was a seasonal release, but in addition to picking up a couple of six packs and a few singles of other beers, I also grabbed a FRSiB and WT101Rye at reasonable prices. Also picked up an OF Statesman earlier in the week from a local.

In other words... working down the bunker has met resistance, haha!

• I like it 3

I came across another CEHTSmB and grabbed a KC for good measure.  Traditional bourbon for this old guy.

IMG_3628.jpg

• I like it 6

Picked this up today. Did see a bottle of EC18 for $152.99. I've never had it, is this a good price? And is it really worth it?

20210708_165514.jpg

24 minutes ago, MTNBourbon said:

Picked this up today. Did see a bottle of EC18 for $152.99. I've never had it, is this a good price? And is it really worth it?

20210708_165514.jpg

I paid similarly for the EC18 I purchased somewhat recently (Covid time warp influence probable... 🤪) I really enjoyed it.  Still, the price was uncomfortable, but yeah, worth it...to me.  🙂

52 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

I paid similarly for the EC18 I purchased somewhat recently (Covid time warp influence probable... 🤪) I really enjoyed it.  Still, the price was uncomfortable, but yeah, worth it...to me.  🙂

Thanks for your input. Still considering.

10 hours ago, MTNBourbon said:

The price has skyrocketed in recent years - but that's now MSRP in my control state.

I love it, I think it still has value, even at that price.   It's that good!

• I like it 1

image.thumb.jpeg.95c1c6ae3248d03e07085ab2d8dbcc1a.jpeg

Went to my sisters this week and picked up the Cigar Blends she grabbed for me last year. Couldnt resist the Redemption 7year Barrel Proof MGP. HH7 is for a friend. Shocked to still see 3 of these 2005 15 yr PS today on the way home..and the ETL was picked up right before the trip after a call from an owner i had almost given up on (super thankful!).. Overall a great week  for bourbon and the beach. 

• I like it 12

On 7/8/2021 at 7:26 PM, MTNBourbon said:

That’s about the going non rape price around here too.

If you like your EC on the oaky side, grab it without regret.

• I like it 1

3 minutes ago, 0895 said:

That’s about the going non rape price around here too.

If you like your EC on the oaky side, grab it without regret.

I really enjoy the EC stuff I've had to date. Still considering. Thanks for the input.

• I like it 1

On 7/8/2021 at 5:58 PM, MTNBourbon said:

Did see a bottle of EC18 for $152.99. I've never had it, is this a good price? And is it really worth it?

I haven't had it in 4 or 5 years but the last time I did have it I didn't care for it.  I much preferred regular EC12 of the same period. And that's when the 18 was still less than a benjamin.   For $150 it's an easy pass for me personally.  But then again I've had bad luck with uber-aged HH bourbons in general.  To my palate their stuff is best around 11 to 12 yrs.

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, Kepler said:

I haven't had it in 4 or 5 years but the last time I did have it I didn't care for it.  I much preferred regular EC12 of the same period. And that's when the 18 was still less than a benjamin.   For $150 it's an easy pass for me personally.  But then again I've had bad luck with uber-aged HH bourbons in general.  To my palate their stuff is best around 11 to 12 yrs.

Thanks, nice to know.

I posted about finding Barrell Batch 028 at Costco and passing because of the crazy tasting notes I read.  I did find Dovetail at another store and picked it up, along with a bottle of Calumet 15.  Just took a test sip of each (quality control, you know); both yummy so far.

Dovetail and Calumet.jpg

• I like it 2

40 minutes ago, IamMatt said:

I posted about finding Barrell Batch 028 at Costco and passing because of the crazy tasting notes I read.  I did find Dovetail at another store and picked it up, along with a bottle of Calumet 15.  Just took a test sip of each (quality control, you know); both yummy so far.

Dovetail and Calumet.jpg

Dovetail still a butterscoth bomb?

Mrs. Clueby hit the liquor store last night. (First pic) I hit the store today. (second pic)

20210710_122036.jpg

20210710_172351.jpg

• I like it 5

9 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

Dovetail still a butterscoth bomb?

Just having my first real glass tonight.  Yeah, pretty good high-proof butterscotch note.  I like is how the different flavors/notes come out on the palate at different times, like watching a fireworks show, "Ooh, there's a green one..Oh look, red and white!"

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

Mrs. Clueby hit the liquor store last night. (First pic) I hit the store today. (second pic)

20210710_122036.jpg

20210710_172351.jpg

Looks like Mr. and Mrs. Clueby did quite well.

• I like it 1

Well, decided to get it. Started off pretty good, $152.99, then with discount $137.69, then fuckn' tax $149.42.

20210711_164443.jpg

• I like it 8

2 hours ago, MTNBourbon said:

Well, decided to get it. Started off pretty good, $152.99, then with discount $137.69, then fuckn' tax $149.42.

20210711_164443.jpg

You finally did it!  Enjoy!

th.jpg.1ecf9cc84fb15211936953eb2fa0bc9d.jpg

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 1

2 hours ago, MTNBourbon said:

20210711_164443.jpg

As soon as you start enjoying it, you’ll forget all about the money.

😁🥃

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

You finally did it!  Enjoy!

th.jpg.1ecf9cc84fb15211936953eb2fa0bc9d.jpg

Yup!

• I like it 1

8 minutes ago, 0895 said:

As soon as you start enjoying it, you’ll forget all about the money.

😁🥃

Kinda forgot about it already, lol

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, MTNBourbon said:

20210711_164443.jpg

Don’t talk to me about your tax.  You have no idea!

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, flahute said:

Don’t talk to me about your tax.  You have no idea!

LOL I'll bet.

Just now, MTNBourbon said:

LOL I'll bet.

It’s really absurd here. About 25%. At least we don’t have state income tax.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.