What bourbon did you purchase today (Spring 2021)

dcbt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up another KCSiB PS today, same barrel I cracked recently. Also a 1.75L of MM on sale,  which I plan to blend with a MMCS I'm not in love with.

I’m floored at how many people seem to hate MMCS but love MM101.

12 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

I thought the same thing recently. I don’t normally keep MM in my house and still haven’t tried MM101. Looks like I’ll need to finally grab a bottle

13 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

I don't hate it, the last batch I had was very good. M101 is still tastier, IMO.

It was a blue Friday with a Sauternes finish (sorry, already busted into the Kelt)…

IMG_6424.thumb.jpg.5d58498497b8c874435de0f6fa774451.jpg

• I like it 5

On 7/24/2021 at 10:15 AM, Marekv8 said:

It was a blue Friday with a Sauternes finish (sorry, already busted into the Kelt)…

IMG_6424.thumb.jpg.5d58498497b8c874435de0f6fa774451.jpg

Curious what you will think of the Russell's 13.  

#doitforscience

• I like it 1

17 hours ago, dmatley said:

These just hit the shelves today.  The wait is over....

KC12.jpg

Mind if I ask where you picked it up?  It came and went in a flash at K&L.  Where in the East Bay are you located?  I'm in Orinda...

2 hours ago, fosmith said:

Mind if I ask where you picked it up?  It came and went in a flash at K&L.  Where in the East Bay are you located?  I'm in Orinda...

I'm not far from you.  I'd PM you but not enough posts to access that feature.  If you could give me your email, I'll send you all of the details?

21 hours ago, dmatley said:

I'm not far from you.  I'd PM you but not enough posts to access that feature.  If you could give me your email, I'll send you all of the details?

I think you only need two more posts before you're permitted to use the PM function but my email is my SB handle at AOL dot com  Guess I'm giving away my age by admitting to still use AOL lol. 

2 hours ago, fosmith said:

I think you only need two more posts before you're permitted to use the PM function but my email is my SB handle at AOL dot com  Guess I'm giving away my age by admitting to still use AOL lol. 

That makes two of us AOL old farts!

Here are my summer pickups. Surprisingly to me the Dickel was great for $45. I popped open the OF last week or the week before and it was hot as hell but I tried some last night and it is settling in nicely. Never tried the Michters but very excited. All retail besides the full proof non store pick. Over paid but has to complete  the weller collection. Of course without CYPB and the new SiB. Cheers.

8D8015A4-14DE-4563-BC27-E14D414DCB01.jpeg

7A602438-D4B2-47E3-BB93-EDB2ACFE215C.jpeg

• I like it 4

Remus #5 came out here this week.

I’ve liked all the previous releases, but this is the first one I’ve purchased.

The specs looked good, a reviewer who’s palate I respect really liked it, and it was $10 under msrp.

Winner?

Hopefully!

Happy Friday y’all!

😁🥃

8734B0BE-9B5C-4B7B-9BF0-DF03AC0E8862.jpeg

• I like it 5

1st post: I picked up Henry McKenna 10year, Blanton’s and EHT small batch today 

• I like it 2

Nice pick ups.  Where in Florida do you live? My wife and I used to visit friends near Ft. Meyers fairly often. 

Biba! Joe

Went shopping after work today, hit a couple of my favorite LS, and came up empty.  Nothing seemed to yell at me, "take me home!".

My last stop before home, and I found something I didn't know I was looking for.  Might have overpaid, but I am happy to have it.  May need 

to empty a few bottles in the cabinet so it stays upstairs instead of heading to the bunker.

1818983708_20210730_1854551.thumb.jpg.787e12b93c3987574f57dae293e1146e.jpg

• I like it 3

3 hours ago, 0895 said:

The specs looked good, a reviewer who’s palate I respect really liked it, and it was $10 under msrp.

Winner?

Hopefully!

Happy Friday y’all!

😁🥃

I really liked the IV release. How does it stack up?

Cheap Bastard found a whole shelf of KC9 for $22.99 on sale.  I grabbed a bottle while waiting on my pizza at the local pizza shop.  This store is part of a larger chain but this isn't a heavily shopped store from a bourbon perspective so I feel safe that I go back and grab more before the sale ends.  

I don't mind just grabbing a bottle here and there to add to the bunker.  

• I like it 2

On 7/23/2021 at 8:04 PM, PhantomLamb said:

Only the really cool people.

JK, I like both and buy both.  But, I find the proof and complexity of MM101 hits my sweet spot.  

MM101, WT101, KC100, OF100....  

I also find a little more variability in MMCS depending on the batch.  A few batches seemed really hot and were difficult to tame while other batches were stellar and you dare not add more than a wee, small, tiny, negligible drop of water.

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, Adam777 said:

Here are my summer pickups. Surprisingly to me the Dickel was great for $45. I popped open the OF last week or the week before and it was hot as hell but I tried some last night and it is settling in nicely. Never tried the Michters but very excited. All retail besides the full proof non store pick. Over paid but has to complete  the weller collection. Of course without CYPB and the new SiB. Cheers.

8D8015A4-14DE-4563-BC27-E14D414DCB01.jpeg

7A602438-D4B2-47E3-BB93-EDB2ACFE215C.jpeg

Nice variety!  All are very rich looking whiskeys!

3 hours ago, dwightschrute said:

1st post: I picked up Henry McKenna 10year, Blanton’s and EHT small batch today 

Rock and Roll!  Yeah, solid pick ups.  Almost unicorn status in my area these days.  I don't believe I have seen any of these on the shelf in more than 3 years in Indy.  

1 hour ago, Richdel said:

Went shopping after work today, hit a couple of my favorite LS, and came up empty.  Nothing seemed to yell at me, "take me home!".

My last stop before home, and I found something I didn't know I was looking for.  Might have overpaid, but I am happy to have it.  May need 

to empty a few bottles in the cabinet so it stays upstairs instead of heading to the bunker.

1818983708_20210730_1854551.thumb.jpg.787e12b93c3987574f57dae293e1146e.jpg

Yeah, keep this one upstairs so you can enjoy it sooner.  Summer is short enough.  Treat yourself to the unexpected!

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, 0895 said:

Winner?

Hopefully!

Happy Friday y’all!

😁🥃

Similar to @DeepCover, I enjoyed Release IV. The only release I tried.  I ended up with two bottles.  I would to hear your opinion since it might show up in my area in the near future. 

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, 0895 said:

Winner?

Hopefully!

Happy Friday y’all!

😁🥃

I really liked the IV release. How does it stack up?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.