What bourbon did you purchase today (Spring 2021)

dcbt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

Those doll heads are horrifying!

Actually, I kinda like ‘em. Y’all have seen my Minions, Peanuts and other items in my pics. Ya’ gotta have some fun. 🤪

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

25 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Actually, I kinda like ‘em. Y’all have seen my Minions, Peanuts and other items in my pics. Ya’ gotta have some fun. 🤪

Biba! Joe

Ok, I gotta call you on this one...

Minions never appeared on Twilight Zone or Night Gallery. Those freakin' dolls did and to this day are a subject of contention with me and my kids... (shivering under the covers as I type)

Visiting my parents in the Live Free or Die state and made a run to one of the Concord state liquor outlets. 
6909BFBC-AD76-43DF-955F-E30BEA85D2DB.thumb.jpeg.6e9153c7d2f57bfcce117092d053e0ab.jpeg

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, bayouredd said:

Ok, I gotta call you on this one...

Minions never appeared on Twilight Zone or Night Gallery. Those freakin' dolls did and to this day are a subject of contention with me and my kids... (shivering under the covers as I type)

Loved both shows. Unfortunately, my father controlled our TV set unless he was on one of his stints on 2nd or 3rd shift. 😒

Back to the matter at hand. Here’s a couple of pics of the MM 46’s I bought yesterday. 😉 

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.de7045e259dfe4b00f2792375eee35a4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e8c00b41e71efcc0c041bd81480de64d.jpeg

• I like it 4

35 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Back to the matter at hand. Here’s a couple of pics of the MM 46’s I bought yesterday. 😉 

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.de7045e259dfe4b00f2792375eee35a4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e8c00b41e71efcc0c041bd81480de64d.jpeg

In my head I hear Ving Rhames saying “We have the wheat’s” when I see this.

• I like it 1

48 minutes ago, webfoots said:

In my head I hear Ving Rhames saying “We have the wheat’s” when I see this.

Y’all know my love for wheaters. 🥰 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

grabbed a couple ET BIB, a 'lil 375 ER pick, & the Crown Royal 16 yr rye

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, LvR Mike said:

ECBP A121 and my first MM Fae

Pleases let us know your take on the MM

Biba! Joe

My bourbon buddy showed up on my front porch last night with this bottle of Knob Creek. Usually this proof is a bit above what I enjoy but this was very tasty. Today I wandered down to the same store and bought me a bottle. Turns out he was there just an hour before picking up himself another bottle.

IMG_0475.jpg

• I like it 5

Ran around this morning and hit four stores with nothing of interest.  Stop five on the other hand:

B378D7B5-AB1E-4644-8AA6-91978C5BC0F7.jpeg

• I like it 8

On 4/14/2021 at 9:09 PM, Whiskeythink.com said:

grabbed a couple ET BIB, a 'lil 375 ER pick, & the Crown Royal 16 yr rye

I just picked up the CR Rye on a whim as well, and am very curious.  I have a good college friend who was a big fan of that Northern Harvest Rye that won Whiskey of the Year a few years back.  Current plan is to open with and/or gift to him at next possible occasion.  Im curious about this one.  

Edited by Bob_Loblaw

On 4/15/2021 at 3:38 PM, gmrv4 said:

My bourbon buddy showed up on my front porch last night with this bottle of Knob Creek. Usually this proof is a bit above what I enjoy but this was very tasty. Today I wandered down to the same store and bought me a bottle. Turns out he was there just an hour before picking up himself another bottle.

IMG_0475.jpg

I love this one!

4 hours ago, markandrex said:

Ran around this morning and hit four stores with nothing of interest.  Stop five on the other hand:

B378D7B5-AB1E-4644-8AA6-91978C5BC0F7.jpeg

This would cost me north of $1,000 in CA.   I need to bring a truck and trailer to Kentucky.  

After wandering through the Bourbon, Scotch, Irish, and Rum aisles looking for something inspiring, I began to hang my head finding nothing that tickled my fancy.  So, I re-engaged the bourbon aisle and felt a tingle in my heart as I approached a favorite and with a pep in my step and smile on my face, I walked out with “just” a Wild Turkey 101.  Ah, the simple things... 🥰

• I like it 6

That's probably way better than almost everything you passed, regardless of price. 👍

• I like it 1

Bought my first EC rye - I really like it and love the value at $32+ the governors cut.

Went to my local TW to pickup some Yuengling Lager, and this bottle jumped out at me.  I have been wanting to try it, just didn't want to pay +$60 and find out I didn't like it.  I thought $31 OTD was a fair price to give this try.  Not sure when I will open it, got a full cabinet still.  Seems like just yesterday I was on a mission to kill some bottles to make room for some new ones.  Now there is no room once again.  

364228908_20210417_1534151.thumb.jpg.fcfaeb38c50e5c4a865043994ff2913a.jpg

• I like it 6

Went to replenish my wife's EW 1783 (her regular thing for most bourbon cocktails), so I went by the only store I know of nearby that has Dant.  Looking at the county website, it seems as though I picked up the last two bottles of Dant in the entire county.  it sort of makes me sad that I will probably have to somewhat ration my intake of my usual daily pour.  I'll probably have to find another source since the county doesn't seem to be replacing its HH products too readily, unless it is EW or ECEW BIB is usually available, so I might have to switch to that.

31 minutes ago, markandrex said:

Interesting, ok hadn't heard about the lawsuit and figured it was just my county not wanting to carry that product.  That could still be the case but there are other HH products I haven't seen lately (e.g., Rittenhouse).  

39 minutes ago, TwoFingers said:

Interesting, ok hadn't heard about the lawsuit and figured it was just my county not wanting to carry that product.  That could still be the case but there are other HH products I haven't seen lately (e.g., Rittenhouse).  

No rittenhouse, may be time to consider relocation

Couldn’t find the BP so... Been ages since I had this, it’s exceptional, either these got way better or I’m in a good mood. 3rd pour today already.

76037B05-98DA-4E3F-9EA6-AEB30DA7C27A.jpeg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.