What bourbon are you drinking summer 2021?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Busy, but fairly decent day at work. Relaxing with a pour of BT on the back patio  before getting a couple of minor “honey dews” done around the house. 😏

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

Same as above, RIF.  Sipping on a second 4RSiB on the deck with the wife.  A great evening with great company.

• I like it 6

Enjoyed a couple of solid pours of OF100.  This cool weather in Indiana in June is quite enjoyable.

• I like it 3

Had a wee dram of Blanton's Gold with some steak tip strips marinated in Korean kabli sauce on the barbeque, sauteed spinach with 'shrooms, and fresh sourdough bread on a beautful, cool night on the deck.  Made Dark 'N Stormies for SWMBO.  A great way to spend a Wednesday evening, eh?   😋

But no pics for my friends from the "Show Me State" - too lazy to get out of the lounger to get the phone.  🤣

• I like it 8

I drank a hefty amount of the EC 12 yr barrel I helped pick in March.  This one was absolutely amazing at Barrel Proof and still very good at the 94 bottling proof.  Went down way too easy and today is now a bit fuzzy.  Will have to compare this to the old 12 yr rear stated SmB I have open.  

• I like it 7

After 3 hrs cutting the lawn, a shower, dr appt, sitting on the porch relaxing before dinner. My back is killing me.

3FD3482F-0D4F-49E8-9515-512EED154B7D.thumb.jpeg.d55a563ff7132ed3a7c12d3bcff05c67.jpeg

• I like it 1

Once again on the patio with Elmer and Albert. 🙂Today, Elmer has the upper hand. Sadly, Albert has now left the building. 😢

Biba! Joe

• I like it 7

After dinner. My back is still killing me. Haven’t had enough bourbon yet.

5CF65D2F-A0A2-4121-9C1E-FEAD5CFB872B.thumb.jpeg.7bc69dce8f81f0ca35808be3a95e2ad1.jpeg

• I like it 6

57 minutes ago, Kjbarth said:

After dinner. My back is still killing me. Haven’t had enough bourbon yet.

5CF65D2F-A0A2-4121-9C1E-FEAD5CFB872B.thumb.jpeg.7bc69dce8f81f0ca35808be3a95e2ad1.jpeg

I also have a bad back so I feel your pain. 

That pic looked so good I decided to follow your lead good sir.  I went with a cube in mine for a change. Cheers 🥃

20210624_201846.jpg

• I like it 5

3 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I also have a bad back so I feel your pain. 

That pic looked so good I decided to follow your lead good sir.  I went with a cube in mine for a change. Cheers 🥃

20210624_201846.jpg

Hope things smooth out for both of you, Kjbarth and Kepler. :(

• I like it 2

17 minutes ago, jpb5151 said:

Hope things smooth out for both of you, Kjbarth and Kepler. :(

Thanks jpb.   Mine has leveled off enough recenty I can live with it. Still flares up sometimes, so glad we have Rare Breed around when needed! 😀

Edited by Kepler
spelling
  • I like it 2

My local store has been very kind to me the last couple weeks. Last week I picked up the spring ‘21 8 year Old Fitz for $79 and today I got a Weller 12 for $39. Enjoying a glass of each tonight.

• I like it 7

Enjoying the last pour from a WTKS, bottled in 2011. It has had the Wild Turkey goodness, so many of us are fond. Excellent balance, super viscosity and so many flavors. 

Sorry to see this on cross the finish line......................................

oh yeah, I've got a back up in the bunker!!  Whew, that was close!😬

Cheers

• I like it 6

Kentucky. Straight. Bourbon. Whiskey.  

A little Old Forester 100 with Maker's Mark 101 on deck.

Muggy, warm evening in Indy.  

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

Bar I'm playing at had some WT101. :)

Working on taking the bottle home with me.

• I like it 1

Hey gang! Haven’t been around for a couple weeks. Been busy and also didn’t have a lot going on the bourbon front to share. In fact (don’t shun me) just now enjoying my first pour in about 20 days or so.

Its my first Eagle Rare in probably 2 years. BT caramel sweetness through and through, with some nice subtle oak, and a great cinnamon note that shines on the mid-palate and lingers on the finish.

Damn it makes me question why I stayed away so long.  Part of it is price jump and not being consistently in-stock at my locals anymore. But I’ve had opportunities and just passed, so IDK.

Ironically, though, I actually have two on the shelf now: one a 12 yr store pick I bought on a lark last week, and the other (which I’m drinking now) a regular bottling that someone gifted me as a thank you for some work I did, also last week. Looks like some SBS action is on deck!

• I like it 3

7 minutes ago, BigSkyDrams said:

Hey gang! Haven’t been around for a couple weeks. Been busy and also didn’t have a lot going on the bourbon front to share. In fact (don’t shun me) just now enjoying my first pour in about 20 days or so.

Good to have you back Big Sky!  That ER sounds good.

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Good to have you back Big Sky!  That ER sounds good.

Thanks Kepler. Glad to see everyone enjoying a lot of spectacular pours and purchases still, but I didn’t expect anything less!

3 hours ago, Clueby said:

Working on taking the bottle home with me.

Couldn't convince her to sell me the rest of the bottle. 🤷‍♂️

Last night while relaxing in our hotel room,  some MM101. More rounded and fuller flavor than regular MM. A darn nice pour.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.