What bourbon are you drinking summer 2021?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, markandrex said:

Having a glass of PVW 15 and remembering a dear friend who passed from COVID complications today.  He was a genuine  friend who asked little and constantly gave of himself.  I am a better man for knowing you.  You will be missed Ron!

Raising my glass to your friend.  Condolences sir.

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, markandrex said:

Having a glass of PVW 15 and remembering a dear friend who passed from COVID complications today.  He was a genuine  friend who asked little and constantly gave of himself.  I am a better man for knowing you.  You will be missed Ron!

Sorry to hear that.  I raise a pour of just opened VOB 100.

• I like it 2

Had these last night and both are really good.  The new 108 proof JB SiB reminds me of a baby Booker's and the 1792 BiB a baby 1792 FP.  100 proof is a good spot for Barton and I think I enjoy this more than the FP. 

1792 bib non pick.jpg

JB SiB.jpg

• I like it 4

On 9/21/2021 at 7:29 PM, markandrex said:

22 hours ago, markandrex said:

PHC 10  heavy char.  

I don't have any PVW and I am down to my last 2 pours of PHC 10. It has been my goto special occasion pour this past year and I was saving that for my B-day at the end of Oct. 

I guess I will have only 1 pour for my Bday because good friends should be toasted and am tipping one pour to you and Ron.

Condolences. I'm sure he will be missed...

• I like it 6

On 9/21/2021 at 7:29 PM, markandrex said:

My Condolences to you. Our friends make our lives so rich. I hope the good memories of your friend will lift you. 

• I like it 4

OF Friday has me lining up a couple of near future throw away's. My weapon of mass consumption is primed and ready.  I'll start with the Statesman & if too little Fri celebration, the 1910 is next...

20210924_163935.thumb.jpg.59b97ca294db84354e13e6f0a2425453.jpg

• I like it 4

On 9/23/2021 at 3:14 PM, fosmith said:

the 1792 BiB a baby 1792 FP.  100 proof is a good spot for Barton and I think I enjoy this more than the FP. 

1792 bib non pick.jpg

Agreed.  My favorite 1792 expressions are the BiB, the Single Barrel picks, and the High Rye.

It has been an absolute beautiful day down in Southwest Louisiana, I’m standing in my driveway watching the sunset the cows in the field and my dog running in the yard. And also having a great glass of Eagle Rare. 
3DA28655-F090-40DE-9CDF-7E77F7CEBA66.thumb.jpeg.d6c9655785b2ad827415bedda9874919.jpeg
1484D864-3D13-41B6-AC90-6CA680A44552.thumb.jpeg.790fdb3d8f5f582808a64aad12d3bf55.jpeg

• I like it 9

It only happens a couple times a year, but dang is it wonderful to sit out front on a cool Autumn Friday night with a bourbon in hand, and hear fans screaming and the band playing from the local High School football game a couple of streets over.  A simple pour of EW 1783 is right fine, right now.

• I like it 16

Tonight, I have wandered around the Kentucky whiskey offerings. 

Started with WTRB Rye, next was KCSiB PS (reported to be 13yrs, pretty nice Bourbon,) finishing the evening with 4R OBSK.

Such a variety. Each one was tasty. 

I think I just might go get one more pour of that OBSK, it was superb tonight. 

Cheers

• I like it 6

Ok not sure where to put this as this 2011 bottle of Blanton’s SFTB isn’t bourbon.

Started off with me trying to go through some BT whiskey samples in a tasting.  BT PS, samples of ER, Blanton’s Gold and SFTB and a bottle of Blanton’s SFTB.

I bought this Blanton’s a few years back from a store I frequent in France.  The owner is friends with the main distributors for Blanton’s there and is usually well stocked.  He moved to a bigger store and while unpacking found this older bottle that I bought.  I noticed recently the color being way off and the seal seemed to have dissolved away which has happened in the past while traveling with these or so I thought.  Was prepared for an oxidized mess that I was going to dump down the sink.  This however is not oxidized bourbon it’s scotch.  Not bad scotch either, not sure what happened.  My only guess is that he must of drank and refilled it with scotch.  Maybe to have a bottle to display as they normally comes boxed and he didn’t want to take out one he had boxed?  So weird he must of forgot, no way he did this intentionally.  I’m going to show the pictures and bring him a sample.  Worse case he’ll get a laugh, hopefully he’ll give me a credit or better yet will swap out with a new SFTB as the price has gone way up in the past few years.

ADE50610-D911-4C7E-94FC-B4DE8F5B66DE.jpeg

7619C8D3-DCF5-4B6C-8F38-4A9125FEF6EA.jpeg

• I like it 3

On 9/21/2021 at 4:22 PM, StarSurfer55 said:

So I haven’t posted much in the past few months.  Been a busySummer.  Had a major project at home that is still not finished. Hope to have them done in the next couple of weeks.  My drink this Summer was either Rum or Coronas so I haven’t dipped into the bourbon too much.  It is now that time of year to close up the RV.  Took my RV bunker down from 12 bourbons to 2.  We complete our close up this weekend to end our season.  Having a bit of Longbranch tonight to finish the bottle.  I like this bourbon but then again, I like Turkey products in general. Glad to be back and I will be posting more regularly from now on.

Always good to have you so welcome back!

• I like it 2

10 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Ok not sure where to put this as this 2011 bottle of Blanton’s SFTB isn’t bourbon.

Started off with me trying to go through some BT whiskey samples in a tasting.  BT PS, samples of ER, Blanton’s Gold and SFTB and a bottle of Blanton’s SFTB.

I bought this Blanton’s a few years back from a store I frequent in France.  The owner is friends with the main distributors for Blanton’s there and is usually well stocked.  He moved to a bigger store and while unpacking found this older bottle that I bought.  I noticed recently the color being way off and the seal seemed to have dissolved away which has happened in the past while traveling with these or so I thought.  Was prepared for an oxidized mess that I was going to dump down the sink.  This however is not oxidized bourbon it’s scotch.  Not bad scotch either, not sure what happened.  My only guess is that he must of drank and refilled it with scotch.  Maybe to have a bottle to display as they normally comes boxed and he didn’t want to take out one he had boxed?  So weird he must of forgot, no way he did this intentionally.  I’m going to show the pictures and bring him a sample.  Worse case he’ll get a laugh, hopefully he’ll give me a credit or better yet will swap out with a new SFTB as the price has gone way up in the past few years.

ADE50610-D911-4C7E-94FC-B4DE8F5B66DE.jpeg

7619C8D3-DCF5-4B6C-8F38-4A9125FEF6EA.jpeg

Maybe he bought that Blanton's on Instagram. 🤣

Just felt like a basic HH mashbill tonight.  I could have picked a number of different labels but this bottle of Fighting Cock 6 yr is getting low so going with it.  Not a bad choice, it's hitting the spot tonight.

• I like it 1

24 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Just felt like a basic HH mashbill tonight.  I could have picked a number of different labels but this bottle of Fighting Cock 6 yr is getting low so going with it.  Not a bad choice, it's hitting the spot tonight.

Youngish HH, just seems to work. (Mostly, 😁)

Cheers

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, PaulO said:

Maybe he bought that Blanton's on Instagram. 🤣

I think he bought it before IG existed.

On 9/24/2021 at 9:38 PM, smokinjoe said:

It only happens a couple times a year, but dang is it wonderful to sit out front on a cool Autumn Friday night with a bourbon in hand, and hear fans screaming and the band playing from the local High School football game a couple of streets over.  A simple pour of EW 1783 is right fine, right now.

Wifey and I were on the back porch doing the same listening to everyone over at Sprayberry. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.