What bourbon are you drinking summer 2021?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

46 minutes ago, Kjbarth said:

Ky Peerless watching Iowa/Iowa St after watching Purdue demolish UConn. Next up Michigan/Washington.

F66B53DE-B75A-4286-94AE-AEE63BEED7E0.thumb.jpeg.0505c2f829898b123c7ed5553cad8665.jpeg

How 'bout those Boilers?!

• I like it 1

For 20 years our family has lit this 3 wick candle surrounded by 3 American Flags to solemnly remember the tragedy of this day, and those who lost their lives then.   We remember the selfless and heroic efforts of those who stepped forward, many who gave their own lives, to save the many thousands who otherwise would have perished with the 3,000 innocent souls who did in the attacks.  We also give thanks to all of those who have sacrificed so much to defend us since.  Eagle Rare in my glass seems a fitting pour at this time.  God Bless America.  🇺🇸 

EF1D001B-FA04-42C7-9D74-9C4C2586DE78.jpeg

EA848DF1-3EC3-45B3-8143-A98E3078DB4F.jpeg

• I like it 20

39 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

For 20 years our family has lit this 3 wick candle surrounded by 3 American Flags to solemnly remember the tragedy of this day, and those who lost their lives then.   We remember the selfless and heroic efforts of those who stepped forward, many who gave their own lives, to save the many thousands who otherwise would have perished with the 3,000 innocent souls who did in the attacks.  We also give thanks to all of those who have sacrificed so much to defend us since.  Eagle Rare in my glass seems a fitting pour at this time.  God Bless America.  🇺🇸 

What a wonderful sentiment to "The Fallen & The  Brave".

Kudos Joe...

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

EF1D001B-FA04-42C7-9D74-9C4C2586DE78.jpeg

Very nice tribute and well said. 

• I like it 3

20 hours ago, Phil T said:

Settled into the Buckeyes game with probably my last freezer bottle of the year, EWBIB. I have never been a fan because of the youth. I picked up a bottle this morning on a whim as it has been several years since I bought one. This is the whiskey that reminds me that HH pisses me off. In an effort to expand the brand, they eliminated HHBIB and push this cramp on us. 

Prost!!  Phil 

I needed to drink AFTER the game - went to the shoe and got fried, and watched 4 hours of the Bucks losing on both lines of scrimmage.   Super talented team, but talent needs a good game plan - SIGH.   Now they have to run the table!

back to topic - my evening misery pour provided comfort - Russell's Reserve 2003 - this limited might be lower proof, but was highly tasty on a depressing yet beautiful weather evening.   This caramel and vanilla bomb never fails!

• I like it 3

Just a little warm up pour before I pop a store pick or two from yesterday. We’ll see where the afternoon leads us…688AECA8-7B4D-4CB4-BC10-A700FF570EDD.thumb.jpeg.1d2dbec3544ae84fe1daf13eb9960a48.jpeg

• I like it 5

1 hour ago, CPBourbon said:

Just a little warm up pour before I pop a store pick or two from yesterday. We’ll see where the afternoon leads us…688AECA8-7B4D-4CB4-BC10-A700FF570EDD.thumb.jpeg.1d2dbec3544ae84fe1daf13eb9960a48.jpeg

That's been my go-to for a couple of years now.   I don't bunker it,  but as  soon as one departs for that Golden Shore, I replace it.   

Having some fun watching the Eagles make it look surprising easy against the Falcons,  while trying to concoct an MGP superblend:    Smoke Wagon small batch with Belle Meade Reserve.    The SMSB is just so fruity and balanced,  I'm adding it to the better-aged BMR in a 1/3 to 2/3 blend.    

• I like it 2

9 minutes ago, Jazzhead said:

That's been my go-to for a couple of years now.   I don't bunker it,  but as  soon as one departs for that Golden Shore, I replace it.   

Having some fun watching the Eagles make it look surprising easy against the Falcons,  while trying to concoct an MGP superblend:    Smoke Wagon small batch with Belle Meade Reserve.    The SMSB is just so fruity and balanced,  I'm adding it to the better-aged BMR in a 1/3 to 2/3 blend.    

Agreed, the only old forester I bunker is 1920. I always have one of everything else and replace them as they’re gone. 

I am drinking an MGP store pick of Tumbling Dice now while watching the Lions be the Lions…

• I like it 1

StaggJr Batch #16 - woof!  😋

Red Sox lost giving up a walk-off home run to the White Sox.  Patriots leading the Dolphins after spending most of the first half trying to fumble the game away.  Is it going to be one of those years, again???

On the positive side, the MIT football Beavers are 1-1, beating up on Curry College 41-7, but losing to a bunch of nuns at Salve Regina 21-16.

I'm going to need more bourbon!!!   🤣

• I like it 4

Another round of EWBiB and ginger with the misses after the Eagles victory.  Not expecting many W's this year, so I need to celebrate W's with gusto.  Finished the bottle off.  Going to the LS tomorrow to pickup a 1.75, and see what else might need a good home.  BTW - everyone in our division lost today, so for what might be the only time this season I can proudly say the Eagles are alone in first place,....until next week.  Go birds.

• I like it 2

Had a squirt of Fighting Cock a bit ago, now digging back into the new Kirkland BiB made with the Barton juice...not complex but enjoyable, and the bang for the buck factor is strong in this one...probably will be a regular grab when I make the periodic Costco run....

• I like it 1

Had a long, but great day at Wrigley Field today.😁 Relaxing with a pour of Weller SR:)

Biba! Joe

• I like it 6

5 hours ago, GeeTen said:

StaggJr Batch #16 - woof!  😋

Red Sox lost giving up a walk-off home run to the White Sox.  Patriots leading the Dolphins after spending most of the first half trying to fumble the game away.  Is it going to be one of those years, again???

On the positive side, the MIT football Beavers are 1-1, beating up on Curry College 41-7, but losing to a bunch of nuns at Salve Regina 21-16.

I'm going to need more bourbon!!!   🤣

I wanna hear more about SJR 16…. Not baseball.

• I like it 2

7 hours ago, 0895 said:

I wanna hear more about SJR 16…. Not baseball.

Sheesh - What a poopey head!  😊

Edited by GeeTen

3 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Batch #16 is one of the more stellar expressions of StaggJr that I've ever had!  Unlike earlier version, this bottle is drinking smooth, not HOT.  Nose and palate both have cherry highites but, unlike Batch #14, they're not the prominent feature.  More oak influence seems to balance out both the heat and cherry to a very fine elegance.  Long, sweetish finish with just a hint of tannins.  Me likee!  😋

And the price?  $49.99 OTD from my friends in the "Live Free or Die" state liquor stores.  Most were gone in a heartbeat, tho'.   🥳

What?  You mad at me 'cause you didn't get any yet?   😂

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 1

On the back patio this afternoon. I’m having a second go around with the ps Yellowstone. This time it’s a little better. Still a bit astringent, but doesn’t seem to  be quite as “hot” as the other night. Different on the nose and taste too. Reckon I’ll have to keep working on it. 🤔

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

As a follow up to the Yellowstone…..a nice pour of my 2021 Weller Blend is now in my Glencairn. Ahh, much better. 😋

Biba! Joe

• I like it 5

last few bottles I've picked up of elijah of any ilk I've not been satisfied with, so lay off for awhile.  Picked up a 375 and wow, phenomenal.  Super bargain.  Great and strong upfront, many different flavors coming forward.  After giving good wood but not overpowering.  I'm going for a jug tomorrow.

• I like it 1

Stopped by the local to pickup a 1.75 of EWBiB.  $31 OTD.  Can't beat that.  Now home enjoying an EW and ginger with a lemon.  Watching all the highlights from the games I watched this weekend.  Thank God football season is back.  Ravens vs Raiders next.

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.