What bourbon are you drinking summer 2021?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 9/16/2021 at 11:40 AM, Bourbon_Watcher_84 said:

This one is crazy good.  

D69B9E49-5469-4030-B086-0A829789D118.JPG

Went hunting for 1st time in quite a while for this one yesterday. No luck though. 

Enjoying a 15 yr knob creek SiB pick as consolation, and it is consoling me so well. 

• I like it 3

Long, busy, and fun day today. Finally kicking back with a couple of pours. I decided to change things up a bit tonight. MM 46 is hitting the spot quite nicely this evening. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

Not sure any bourbon has flipped from “meh” to “yum” to me so dramatically as has the 4RSmB. As it has for the past year, or so, it again is killing it again tonight.  

• I like it 7

I opened up a RRSiB tonight to celebrate the return of the Oklahoma-Nebraska football game. I thought  this bottle was appropriate.  
So many good memories of watching this game over the years. 
Today it was a Good game, it deserves a great bourbon. This bottle came through. 

Cheers. 

A428E5B6-F605-4D0D-9CFA-51ECD6AA3C1F.jpeg

Edited by Wedelstaedt
Added clarification
  • I like it 7

On 9/17/2021 at 9:58 PM, Kepler said:

The white label tasted good.  So I decided to take the orange bottle out of hiding.  Short pour because I gotta make this bottle last hah

20210917_224818.jpg

the one weller that eludes me. How does it compare?

• I like it 1

On 9/17/2021 at 10:58 PM, Kepler said:

The white label tasted good.  So I decided to take the orange bottle out of hiding.  Short pour because I gotta make this bottle last hah

20210917_224818.jpg

Is your glass haunted? 👻😁

• I like it 1

Enjoying Day 1 at the beach, had some WLW with my uncle and dad to celebrate my first vacation in like 5 years.

• I like it 8

Buffalo Trace at the Sky Club— watching one guy after another order Coke Zero and a mimosa “for my wife.”

A184517C-CD19-4135-8438-A0874690B36E.thumb.jpeg.6b8e31d8f1cc97a0bfc8c1fbcac1ae11.jpeg

• I like it 5

For my own halftime entertainment watching NFL games, had my wife pour these wheaters to do some blind tasting. I thought I’d have issues with the MM101 and the MM46 and figure I’d be okay with the Wellers. I was able to get the brands correct but swapped the WSR and W107. Disappointed in myself as thought I’d be able to get that one! I’m just gonna use the excuse that I took too many sample sips of each one and started to get a buzz haha (but nah, I’ll take my failing grade head on).  

99D5FE91-A471-4B36-82DC-665C8AF15032.jpeg

• I like it 7

ETL 100th Year Tribute in celebration of the Patriots' first (but really boring) win over the lowly New York Jets.  Gotta' take 'em when I get 'em, eh?   🥳

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, apt43bear said:

For my own halftime entertainment watching NFL games, had my wife pour these wheaters to do some blind tasting. I thought I’d have issues with the MM101 and the MM46 and figure I’d be okay with the Wellers. I was able to get the brands correct but swapped the WSR and W107. Disappointed in myself as thought I’d be able to get that one! I’m just gonna use the excuse that I took too many sample sips of each one and started to get a buzz haha (but nah, I’ll take my failing grade head on).  

99D5FE91-A471-4B36-82DC-665C8AF15032.jpeg

So how did you rank them?

The sky was blue and cloudless all day,  perfect for an air show over the Ocean City boardwalk.   Tonight's just a big ol' full moon,  splattering the waves with light.     A  Peerless evening,  so naturally that's what I'm sipping.  

Edited by Jazzhead
  • I like it 2

1 hour ago, lemonman said:

So how did you rank them?

I think I overthought it and was just a little surprised how I didn’t get any alcohol /ethanol when nosing the 107 so went against my gut even though I enjoyed it the most. I kept saying a really really like this but for reason I don’t think this is the highest proof out of the 4. I did like the W107 the most, maybe followed closely by the 101 and the WSR and then the MM46. I really enjoyed them all. Whenever I taste the MM blind, I always underestimate how much I like them and I always renew my appreciation. I’m just glad they are readily available but maybe that’s what I take for granted. 

• I like it 7

On 9/18/2021 at 9:00 AM, fishnbowljoe said:

I’m working on it K, I’m working on it. Don’t rush me. 😬 Like Chuck Cowdery said, “Remember, it’s a marathon, not a sprint.” 😉

FWIW, my “open shelf” is pretty full right now. I’m gonna have to finish a couple of bottles to make some room. This might take a while. I retired two weeks ago, and my bourbon consumption has actually gone done since then. 🤔 Go figure. 🙄

Biba! Joe

No rush Joe.  You've got all the time in the world especially now that you're retired! 😁

And big Congrats on your retirement!

• I like it 1

On 9/18/2021 at 11:32 PM, steven s said:

the one weller that eludes me. How does it compare?

This one is elegant.  Got some age to it, like some of the van winkles.  At 97 proof, not nearly as bold as WFP or the best private pick NCF OWA, but I love it.  And in case anyone asks, NO it's not worth anywhere near what it would take to get one if you can't score it from your local store connection via lottery or customer loyalty program.  If I hadn't gotten it from local store this one would have eluded me too.

• I like it 1

On 9/19/2021 at 7:04 PM, GeeTen said:

ETL 100th Year Tribute in celebration of the Patriots' first (but really boring) win over the lowly New York Jets.  Gotta' take 'em when I get 'em, eh?   🥳

Indeed an ugly win is still a win and the first of the Mac Jones era, may it lead to MANY, MANY more!!!! LFG PATS!!!

oh yeah and some EW Bib to stay on topic 🤣

Edited by kcgumbohead
  • I like it 1

So I haven’t posted much in the past few months.  Been a busySummer.  Had a major project at home that is still not finished. Hope to have them done in the next couple of weeks.  My drink this Summer was either Rum or Coronas so I haven’t dipped into the bourbon too much.  It is now that time of year to close up the RV.  Took my RV bunker down from 12 bourbons to 2.  We complete our close up this weekend to end our season.  Having a bit of Longbranch tonight to finish the bottle.  I like this bourbon but then again, I like Turkey products in general. Glad to be back and I will be posting more regularly from now on.

• I like it 5

Having a glass of PVW 15 and remembering a dear friend who passed from COVID complications today.  He was a genuine  friend who asked little and constantly gave of himself.  I am a better man for knowing you.  You will be missed Ron!

• I like it 8

39 minutes ago, markandrex said:

Having a glass of PVW 15 and remembering a dear friend who passed from COVID complications today.  He was a genuine  friend who asked little and constantly gave of himself.  I am a better man for knowing you.  You will be missed Ron!

I had a couple of pours of BT earlier, but 2019 WLW is in the glass now as a toast to you and your friend. Condolences M.

Joe

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.