What bourbon are you drinking summer 2021?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Started with a pour of BT, then had a pour of MM 101. Not a bad evening at all. 🙂

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

17 hours ago, PaulO said:

I'm pretty sure that 6 year Old Taylor is long discontinued. ...

This bottle is the current stuff, NAS which some believe to be blend or? of material 4-6+ old.  It has zero complexity suggesting young, but smoothed out with no youngster harshness suggesting age, but very little wood.  Many/most retailers still advertise as 6 year: online guys like bevmo, caskcartel, the party source, etc; as well as sites like distiller.com.  Old Taylor has many iterations over the years, including 16 and 17 year old material distilled in nineteen teens, ie 1933 bottle was 17 year old.  

On 9/15/2021 at 8:53 PM, Kjbarth said:

2 nice pours out on the porch, one before dinner, one after.

F7C3AE97-1264-4EFB-9F69-E3B261BC7670.thumb.jpeg.cf36c5501116ff55848b2a3c5fe80045.jpeg

Popped my recently purchased bottle and raised 1st glass to ya.  Very different than the WT101 also recently purchased.  Spirit is sweet, mellow, more flavors, pale but very long lingering sophisticated after taste.  Superb.

• I like it 3

Tonight I'm letting Jimmy pick out a barrel just for me,  specifally a monster Kentucky Spirit from warehouse B.   Is there better bourbon anywhere, at any price, than a honey WTKS?    The jazz this evening's got soul, same as this bourbon.20210917_180720.thumb.jpg.f72e3fea14acdbfa20919ff7f56c3bab.jpg

• I like it 8

This is my 1st 1792 and quite probable my 1st Bartonian.

Not a daily grab, but likely a good change of pace pick much like the Calumet 12 was; only sweeter...

20210917_145855.thumb.jpg.b425b3aa18db61b3856e147eaca43224.jpg

• I like it 4

3 hours ago, bayouredd said:

This is my 1st 1792 and quite probable my 1st Bartonian.

Not a daily grab, but likely a good change of pace pick much like the Calumet 12 was; only sweeter...

20210917_145855.thumb.jpg.b425b3aa18db61b3856e147eaca43224.jpg

That's a rare bird in my neck of the woods.  Superb bourbon.

• I like it 1

A short pour of Weller SR is in the glass tonight. Busy day tomorrow.

Biba! Joe

• I like it 6

I cracked my Weller CYPB, first time tasting that one.  It's actually pretty damn good.  You can tell the 8 years in the barrel really gives the BT wheated mashbill what it needs ... smooths out the rough edges you get in OWA. Just a first tasting for me, but much better than I expected considering the negative comments this one gets out there.  I bet it would still be better at around 100 proof though...

• I like it 5

The white label tasted good.  So I decided to take the orange bottle out of hiding.  Short pour because I gotta make this bottle last hah

20210917_224818.jpg

• I like it 7

9 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I cracked my Weller CYPB, first time tasting that one.  It's actually pretty damn good.  You can tell the 8 years in the barrel really gives the BT wheated mashbill what it needs ... smooths out the rough edges you get in OWA. Just a first tasting for me, but much better than I expected considering the negative comments this one gets out there.  I bet it would still be better at around 100 proof though...

5 minutes ago, Kepler said:

The white label tasted good.  So I decided to take the orange bottle out of hiding.  Short pour because I gotta make this bottle last

image.jpeg.888d812fc0c5e658ed376c1cc996472d.jpeg

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

6 hours ago, Jazzhead said:

Tonight I'm letting Jimmy pick out a barrel just for me,  specifally a monster Kentucky Spirit from warehouse B.   Is there better bourbon anywhere, at any price, than a honey WTKS?    The jazz this evening's got soul, same as this bourbon.20210917_180720.thumb.jpg.f72e3fea14acdbfa20919ff7f56c3bab.jpg

I agree.  If you get lucky with a WT honey barrel, for ~$50 just drop the mic.  I've had really good results with B, consistently probably my favorite for my palate anyway.

• I like it 1

On 9/16/2021 at 8:38 PM, JCwhammie said:

It has been a few years since I've had this. I went into my local shop yesterday, looking for a OF1920, but this caught my eye. For $30 it was an easy decision. I enjoy this quite a bit. 

20210916_203414.jpg

Yet another bottle I've purchased but have not gotten around to opening yet.  Thanks for reminding me about my problem.  Haha jk I look forward to opening mine soon (or sometime).

• I like it 2

8 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Haha nice.  Sorry Joe.  Just following your lead 🙂

It’s all good K. 👍 Just having a little fun. I recently finished my CYPB. I have yet to crack my SB, but I have to admit I’ve been thinking about doing so lately.😬

Biba! Joe

7 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I have yet to crack my SB, but I have to admit I’ve been thinking about doing so lately.😬

Biba! Joe

Go Go Go!

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

It’s all good K. 👍 Just having a little fun. I recently finished my CYPB. I have yet to crack my SB, but I have to admit I’ve been thinking about doing so lately.😬

Biba! Joe

I haven't seen a WSiB (107pf) around here in the wild.  But our consolation prize is all the Loch & K(e)y WA107 SiBs we get every year, I guess.   🤣

• I like it 3

9 hours ago, Kepler said:

Go Go Go!

I’m working on it K, I’m working on it. Don’t rush me. 😬 Like Chuck Cowdery said, “Remember, it’s a marathon, not a sprint.” 😉

FWIW, my “open shelf” is pretty full right now. I’m gonna have to finish a couple of bottles to make some room. This might take a while. I retired two weeks ago, and my bourbon consumption has actually gone done since then. 🤔 Go figure. 🙄

Biba! Joe

• I like it 8

15 hours ago, GeeTen said:

I haven't seen a WSiB (107pf) around here in the wild.  But our consolation prize is all the Loch & K(e)y WA107 SiBs we get every year, I guess.   🤣

I can point you to one for the low price is $800. 😬

I think the state legislature passed a law, making all Weller illegal in Indiana.

Regardless, I'm thoroughly enjoying this MM 101.  Put this in a blind tasting against the other wheaters.  And, I paid $30. 🥰 Just don't tell the taters.

• I like it 5

Full moon at two o'clock high,   reflecting on the ocean off of Strathmere.    Accompanying the serenity is a pour from my brand new bottle of Statesman.

• I like it 3

4 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

50/50 blend of Baker’s and Basil Hayden’s from the travel kit...

F314B7D9-4D73-4722-AFC1-47DDAD652A77.thumb.jpeg.ef134fe8f9a58d4f0d486e7081689b09.jpeg

I love this idea, a ready to go whiskey travel kit. Genius!  Always be prepared. You must have been a Boy Scout. 😀

Cheers

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.