What bourbon are you drinking fall 2021?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

40 minutes ago, G L Tirebiter said:

So the sprinklers get tired after 7 days?

Sipping some Rebel 100.  

I think I will.  We had 5 tri-axles of topsoil brought in to level off the yard all was great until 2.7 inches of rain came in one day and rutted out several areas.  Two more truckloads of  soil and 250 lbs of seed and it is releveled.  No rain lately so the sprinklers were necessary to get the seed to germinate ( normally 5 - 7 days) .  After that I can back off a little on 30 minutes twice a day on 2 acres.  Rain coming in on next Tuesday some hopefully Mother Nature will be kind.

Either way it is looking better every day.

• I like it 5

I started the evening by having another go at my ps Yellowstone. I still can’t quite figure this one out.🤯

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

Started with an ET & cube. The coolness of the cube made it grand. At the half way point, not so much. Not bad but the watered downness of it all changes it drastically. Seems like a nice freezer candidate...

WTH!!!

My Infinity bottle is so freakin' good!!! I did a couple small pours on Monday, (excellent) skipped Tuesday to make sure and tried again tonight.

Just WOW!!!

I know it has a lot of KC to include 12 year, some Stag Jr, and at least 3 others, but it beats all of my blends by a lot!!!

Alas, never to be repeated!!! 🙄

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, bayouredd said:

Started with an ET & cube. The coolness of the cube made it grand. At the half way point, not so much. Not bad but the watered downness of it all changes it drastically. Seems like a nice freezer candidate...

WTH!!!

My Infinity bottle is so freakin' good!!! I did a couple small pours on Monday, (excellent) skipped Tuesday to make sure and tried again tonight.

Just WOW!!!

I know it has a lot of KC to include 12 year, some Stag Jr, and at least 3 others, but it beats all of my blends by a lot!!!

Alas, never to be repeated!!! 🙄

Keeps the palate on its toes. Too much of a good thing is never a good thing. Etc 😬

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, mal00768 said:

Keeps the palate on its toes. Too much of a good thing is never a good thing. Etc 😬

Wait? WHAT?  🤯

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, mal00768 said:

3 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Wait? WHAT?  🤯

2 hours ago, Bret Bret said:

One more sip and I'll get it!

image.gif

• I like it 1

Ran around a good part of the day.  Productive on several levels.  Some Poor Man’s Pappy Weller blend in the glass this evening.

• I like it 1

Baseball season is getting good! ⚾

And this EW Black in my glass might well be the ultimate wild card underdog.  It's good.

• I like it 2

A couple of "regulation size" pours of WT101.  Decided to have a third pour since I did slightly more yard work than expected on a "use it or lose it" time off day.  I would probably hit it harder but I have 13 youth soccer matches this weekend with the forecast for rain both Saturday and Sunday.

WT101 absolutely hits it out of the park for a reasonably priced quality bourbon..

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 3

On 9/26/2021 at 8:23 PM, Radioyada said:

Very nice line up there. Curious to see which you like the best. 

The OF Single Barrel 90 proof has been the one I have gone back to the fastest. Easy to drink, and while I like OF Statesman a lot, it shows its youth more. 1920 is always good, but again the Barrel Strength had it beat for complexity. Need a few more sessions to really appreciate everything it has going on. 

• I like it 2

This is a fantastic 10.5yr (I realize the tag says 9, but you'll have to trust me on this one) store pick. 

20211001_205352.jpg

• I like it 3

19 hours ago, dad-proof said:

The OF Single Barrel 90 proof has been the one I have gone back to the fastest. Easy to drink, and while I like OF Statesman a lot, it shows its youth more. 1920 is always good, but again the Barrel Strength had it beat for complexity. Need a few more sessions to really appreciate everything it has going on. 

That OF SiB 90 proof has been a favorite of everyone that has tried it.  Fortunately there is still plenty of it available, so I may just have to pick up another bottle myself.

• I like it 1

John J. Bowman and Makers FAE-01.   Sun is down and the air is crisp.    I think I'll walk to the market,  get some cold cuts and come back and see what the evening dram will be.  

I’m joining the rest of the high IQ folks and having some WT 101. From my stash at my father in laws house of course. :)

• I like it 1

Back on the WT101 train.  A couple of solid pours after a long day (6 games) of soccer in the rain.  However, I finished with pizza...a holiday for me any day and WT101.  Getting ready for a nap, er, the new Hallmark movie.

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 3

1 minute ago, mbroo5880i said:

Back on the WT101 train.  A couple of solid pours after a long day (6 games) of soccer in the rain.  However, I finished with pizza...a holiday for me any day and WT101.  Getting ready for a nap, er, the new Hallmark movie.

Busy day today, and it’ll be a very long day tomorrow. Gotta be up and at ‘em early, so I’m not sure if I’ll have a pour or not. Either way, you’re on your own tonight @mbroo5880i. We’re passing on the new Hallmark movie this evening. 😉

Biba! Joe

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.