What bourbon are you drinking fall 2021?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Some Weller 12, wonder why I don’t drink this more often.  Oh yeah it’s become impossible to find.  

C80C3E30-ADE3-46DB-8ABF-571E584248F4.jpeg

• I like it 7

Old Forester 90 proof store pick. One more pour left in the bottle, and then I will need to go pick another up. Watching the Dodgers / Cardinals game and relaxing after a busy day at work. 

• I like it 3

Bad/Good Day!!! 🤨 (FasterHorses take note)

Lightning storms abound last 3 days. Blown up power supplies, battery backups squealing (I.T. business) and to top it all off, I went to my old fav LS & the newly sold, best rapport LS was drastically changed... "Just wth damnn, buffaloes, coconut cake & sh!+...

Anyway, was conversing with a new Ensign pilot in training outside of the store and the MM rep overheard us talking bourbon & rye & injected his view, telling us of a LS neither knew about. Said they had The Weller Brothers, Old Fitz, Blanton's & such there for the asking; but you did have to ask. Of course I went, deterring from the crazy busy workday.

The 1st thing I asked for was the Wellers. I was told no, but there was something in his tone that gave me a hmmm!!!

After talking to the cutie at the counter, the owner said that he did have a Blanton's & a CEHT SB. I grabbed 1 of each. He then opened up and told me that he had a Blanton's SS barrel due next week and told me that he didn't like to be shopped. I said, you noticed that I didn't ask the price of the choices I made and he said don't worry, I'll take care of you!!! I could tell he was a hard a$$ but would return loyalty if given...

To stay on topic, I'm opening & pouring one my last bunkered Blanton's. I think this is a pretty good bottle, but I not sure 'cause I'm ecstatic...

• I like it 6

2 hours ago, bayouredd said:

Bad/Good Day!!! 🤨 (FasterHorses take note)

... He then opened up and told me that he had a Blanton's SS barrel due next week and told me that he didn't like to be shopped...

He didn't like to be shopped?  It's a freakin' retail store.  No shopping = go out of business, unless it's a front for some other activity.  In that case, they really don't want you there.

• I like it 3

8 hours ago, PaulO said:

He didn't like to be shopped?  It's a freakin' retail store.  No shopping = go out of business, unless it's a front for some other activity.  In that case, they really don't want you there.

The discussion was longer, but not being shopped meaning not getting prices from him and going pay the 5 to 10 bucks less some where else, so he kept all the good stuff out of site. No retail outlet likes to be shopped...

Of course, don't think what you said didn't cross my mind! Dude's name was Eddie, he had the look & I will not be stopping by that place after dark... 😎

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, PaulO said:

I think what @bayouredd meant  was “trolled”.  I know the feeling. When Binny’s first opened here, I asked an assistant manager about  the “good stuff”.  I explained that I was a bourbon guy, and that I knew what went on with stuff being held in the back and such. He mentioned that they keep items in the back for their good customers. I questioned how they could do that at a new store. I then let him know I’d been a customer of Binny’s for 13 years and had the receipts to prove it. He got a little upset with me and said he didn’t like to be trolled. I haven’t seen him for a while. Thank goodness. 😉

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

It was a little warm and humid today, so I decided to go with something a little different.  Poured some Mellow Corn and that did the trick.

IMG_20211007_154230101.jpg

• I like it 2

After a busy (and productive) day, sipping some Evan Williams Small Batch.   Not too shabby.

• I like it 1

Tried something different tonight.  Instead of blending to improve an underperforming whiskey,  I mixed 50/50 two of the best pours in the house -  my honey bottle of Kentucky Spirit and some OF Prohibition.   I could have used Rare Breed, but I wanted to bring the proof down a bit.

It's shocking how good it is.  These bourbons are perfectly compatible,  and the end product tastes, well,  hallowed and ancient.

Try it and see!

20211007_230750.jpg

• I like it 8

23 minutes ago, Jazzhead said:

Tried something different tonight.  Instead of blending to improve an underperforming whiskey,  I mixed 50/50 two of the best pours in the house -  my honey bottle of Kentucky Spirit and some OF Prohibition.   I could have used Rare Breed, but I wanted to bring the proof down a bit.

It's shocking how good it is.  These bourbons are perfectly compatible,  and the end product tastes, well,  hallowed and ancient.

Try it and see!

“I love it when a blend comes together.”

image.jpeg.6a36e3244f251f05d79d653ffc8a700e.jpeg

Biba! Joe

• I like it 5

Indeed.  I hesitate to say it is better than the sum of its parts,  but try it and see.

• I like it 1

Rough day at work deserves the best! OF Friday brings forth the SiB.

Oh, and I got a new outside weapon. Trust me there is a pour aboard...

20211008_161811.thumb.jpg.bafa39b5a48fa8227b401bf8f07cc5c5.jpg

• I like it 4

This WT 101 8yr has been hiding behind "a few" other bottles. Spicy Kentucky hugging goodness. 

PXL_20211008_222009049.PORTRAIT.thumb.jpg.e558d3e3042fa9d53aff28e92011fa08.jpg

Edited by dad-proof
Typo
  • I like it 7

Ran out of trash can OGD BIB again and too lazy to go get the emergency backup out of my car trunk.  So, I tried a short sip of Old Bardstown (first sip ever).  Then, opened a new label WT 101. Definitely got a cherry note up front.  The OB 90 is not bad, either.

• I like it 4

Stagg Jr. b 15.  I got a call from a friend at a local LS, he has two b16 waiting for me.

• I like it 5

Smoked a bottle KC9 this week over several evenings.  Just too good to put down and too much time on my hands.  Tommy Shaw would be proud.

• I like it 6

I like this M10 way more than I wish I did.

OWA never fails to please, even if it feels wrong to pop a cork.

@mbroo5880i We just saw Mr. Shaw & Co. in Vegas 2 weeks ago. That man doesn't age and can still sing his arse off!

20211008_212221.jpg

20211008_212251.jpg

• I like it 6

Pogo sticked around this evening with a series of small pours of VOB 90, Eagle Rare, WT, EW 1783, OF Statesman, 4R Yella Label from the freezer, and…I forget.  🤪.  Loved the variety!  The minute I think that all the bourbons may be running together in profiles, I find it enlightening in disproving this notion with a series like this.  

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.