What bourbon are you drinking fall 2021?

fishnbowljoe

19 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Busy day today, and it’ll be a very long day tomorrow. Gotta be up and at ‘em early, so I’m not sure if I’ll have a pour or not. Either way, you’re on your own tonight @mbroo5880i. We’re passing on the new Hallmark movie this evening. 😉

Biba! Joe

It's a good one!  

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mbroo5880i

• fishnbowljoe

• markandrex

• Kjbarth

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While prepping for Halloween, Kids & Grandkids, I got the news of My Best Friend who was also my 1st Cousin, loosing the battle to cancer. This was on Friday & I can't even remember if I had a

Celebrated 23 years with my wife at a nice dinner out - a new place only a couple miles from the house - with a Sazerac, my test cocktail to see how good the bartender is. He passed! Back at home with

Been MIA for awhile now. Job change meant much less computer time, then had difficulties connecting to the website from my phone, and admittedly also am a bit disenchanted with the current bourbon wor

Posted Images

fishnbowljoe
3 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

It's a good one!  

We’re switching back and forth between the Cubs game and The Grand Ole Opry. 😊Guess I’ll join you with a short pour of 101. MM 101 that is.😉

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

After my Oktoberfest experience, WT 101 a nice full bodied Bourbon seemed the best match to follow the German food.

• I like it 3

Celebrated 23 years with my wife at a nice dinner out - a new place only a couple miles from the house - with a Sazerac, my test cocktail to see how good the bartender is. He passed! Back at home with a large bottle kill pour of William Heaven Hill 14yr at 115 proof.

• I like it 15

landed in nashville late. dive bar near my hotel had good selection and prices. 2 oz. pours- had a Hancocks for 8$, then a couple of GTS's at 20$ per. yum! if anyone has any other nashville suggestions for bottles or pours, please pm!!

Edited by steven s
  • I like it 3
15 hours ago, steven s said:

landed in nashville late. dive bar near my hotel had good selection and prices. 2 oz. pours- had a Hancocks for 8$, then a couple of GTS's at 20$ per. yum! if anyone has any other nashville suggestions for bottles or pours, please pm!!

Pucketts Grocery has a pretty good whiskey list.

AF7EEB1E-4B92-4AF7-9DC1-F575D66011BD.thumb.jpeg.268de11b64be7d011849cc0ece8c5525.jpeg

JB Distiller's Cut tonight. I have a couple more in the cupboard, but boy am I going to miss this when it's gone; nothing else like it in the basic JB lineup.

• I like it 6

Screwin' around with a blend this evening.    I have a McKenzie's single barrel (4.5 years, wheated)  that I generally like but which leads off with a mustiness that I wanted to fix.    Mixing it with Stranahan's Blue Peak to up the barley count and temper the dust.   It seems to work,  at about 30 - 40 percent Stranie's.   

fishnbowljoe
2 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

Spending the week in KY with some friends. We brought provisions.

I thought most folks went to KY to get provisions. :huh:

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2
fishnbowljoe

BT in the glass tonight.Three long days in a row. Chances are it’ll be another long one tomorrow.  🥵  I’m retired now. WTF? 😜 I just might be having another pour or two of BT, or something else I have open. 😏

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4
fishnbowljoe
1 minute ago, B.B. Babington said:

ain't it grand 🥂

Well…… 🤔 The crazy thing is, all that’s been going on lately isn’t really  related to any “honey do” lists. FWIW, my wife retired a month before I did. We’re kinda in this together but….😬

Biba! Joe

23 hours ago, lemonman said:

JB Distiller's Cut tonight. I have a couple more in the cupboard, but boy am I going to miss this when it's gone; nothing else like it in the basic JB lineup.

This sounded like a great idea, I’ll join you!

• I like it 1
21 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I thought most folks went to KY to get provisions. :huh:

Biba! Joe

Oh I did! But we brought some stuff we knew we wouldn't find here. 

20211004_160506.jpg

• I like it 1
Harry in WashDC

Was held hostage in a hospital for ten days - no spicy food, no carbonated beverages, and NO BOURBON!  Escaped and headed straight to McDonalds for a Big Mac.

Working my way back to real life.  SO! Last night and tonight it is an ounce or two or three of a local deli’s house KSBW “Green Label” 80 proof “aged three years”.  Pretty sure it is HH distillate.  Deli is two blocks from me, and I’ve been shopping there since 1975. A handle is $22.99.  I may stay down here on the bottom shelf for awhile as this stuff tastes GOOD!

Edited by Harry in WashDC
  • I like it 8